More Aurene Precursors?

garpu.6210

2 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

You will more than likely be able to obtain another precursor from another source, but I would still choose wisely. Legendaries take awhile to craft.

So in other words, it'll sit in my bank because I can't decide. 🙂

You will get only 1 "free" from the seasons of dragon recap. We currently do not know how we will get any more of the total 42 precursors needed to completely fill the armory until after EOD launches. I suspect it will material dumps like gen pre's, OR maybe the fabled strike reward overhaul. We do not know.

11 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

You will get only 1 "free" from the seasons of dragon recap. We currently do not know how we will get any more of the total 42 precursors needed to completely fill the armory until after EOD launches. I suspect it will material dumps like gen pre's, OR maybe the fabled strike reward overhaul. We do not know.

First of all you can do gen 1 and 2 to fill up the armory just fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garpu.6210 said:

So in other words, it'll sit in my bank because I can't decide. 🙂

Most legendaries share similar mats that bottleneck the crafting process. If you wanted, you could probably set this precursor selection item that they will probably give us inside of your bank and then make the decision once you get past those bottlenecks. This way you would have the flexibility to change your direction if things don't pan out as planned. It might actually be the wisest choice to just keep it in your bank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

First of all you can do gen 1 and 2 to fill up the armory just fine.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The armory takes 4 of each sword, dagger, mace, ax and pistol; takes 2 of each great sword, hammer, shield, long bow, short bow, rifle, torch, warhorn, staff, scepter and focus. That is for each generation. A full armory is 52 gen 1 legendaries ( two extra great swords and  and 3 extra under water),  42 gen 2 and  42 gen 3 legendaries.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. The armory takes 4 of each sword, dagger, mace, ax and pistol; takes 2 of each great sword, hammer, shield, long bow, short bow, rifle, torch, warhorn, staff, scepter and focus. That is for each generation. A full armory is 52 gen 1 legendaries ( two extra great swords and  and 3 extra under water),  42 gen 2 and  42 gen 3 legendaries.

Um… you may want to rethink this.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/legendary-armory

Count them yourself. Just because you can not afford that many legendaries does not mean that they do not exist.

Yeah… you don't know what he’s talking about. It does not matter how many generation of legendaries are currently available. It doesn't matter how many weapons are currently available for each generation. If you want to make 4 legendary swords right now, you can make up to 4 Bolts, up to 4 Shining Blades, or any mix to get 4 legendary swords to fill up your armory. He knows exactly what he's talking about.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/legendary-armory

Count them yourself. Just because you can not afford that many legendaries does not mean that they do not exist.

Just because the armory can hold 12 1h swords when gen 3 comes dont mean any rational human being would make more then 4, since that is the maxium any character can hold.

Well you could get away with 2 really, if you dont want 4 different sigils.

And even if you want to do what you claim, we got no proof that gen 3 will not be able to be made as many as armory can hold just like gen 1 and gen 2.

Edit

Considering how many made more legendary armors then 1 of each weight was less then ( was it 1%) I cant see how many would go out of their way to do multiple copies of legendaries they wont be able to use.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

You can fill up armory (IF you even want to do that in the first place) with any cheapest legendary you want, up to the [upper cap -1] and then craft just one of each gen 3 weapon for the skin. If gen 3 weapons will be more expensive or overally harder to get, there's no real reason to fill up your armory specifically with those.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You can fill up armory (IF you even want to do that in the first place) with any cheapest legendary you want, up to the [upper cap -1] and then craft just one of each gen 3 weapon for the skin. If gen 3 weapons will be more expensive or overally harder to get, there's no real reason to fill up your armory specifically with those.

tl;dr: he's correct, you're wrong.

The one you reply to think that filling up armory means 4 bolts 4 shining blade and 4 gen 3 swords then do that for all of them.

Tecnically they are correct but practically noone would waste that kind of resources.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1