For End of Dragons, more than a new elite spec what I want is the ability to swap weapons in combat.

Silverpoopoo.1476

Maybe when the game released, letting Elementalists swap weapons in combat would have been overpowered.

But given the vast amount of power creep that has occurred in every class, I think it would be fairly balanced to let Elementalists do this.

I don't even want this in PvP, but mostly in PvE where I am constantly annoyed by having to run away from combat to swap from my short range combo (Dagger/Dagger) to long range combo (Staff).

• Haha 2

As much as I would like weapon swap to be added, I really don't want that to be the 'rule breaking' for Elementalist... I would much rather we get new ways to play with our attunements, or even new attunements as opposed to weapon swap. If we can get new playstyle + weapon swap, that'd be fine, but I'm worried ANet might just slap weapon swap on Ele and give us a pat on the back telling us to go wild. I'm sure there will be some weird restrictions too, like one weapon can only use Fire/Water while the second can only use Air/Earth.  Ehh. Part of me remembers when Rev was supposed to get more legends instead of weapon swap but ANet caved to pressure and gave them Weapon Swap. Some Rev players to this day are still upset about that since it feels restrictive.

Still hoping out next elite spec weapon itself is just a hybrid range weapon with melee and ranged options. If we do get Weapon Swap, I just hope its not restrictive.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295
avoiding mentioning spoilers because of dev lol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

How about gain weapon swap, but swapping weapons puts all attunements on a 9s cd. Weapon swap has no cool down.

That sounds really dangerous. Attunements are the class mechanic for Elementalist and locking them for 9 seconds each time you weapon swap is... bad. Not to mention you may accidently swap weapons sometimes and now you've locked yourself out of attunement swapping for 9 seconds.

Maybe lower the cool down to like Weaver numbers of 3-4 seconds or pull a bit of Tempest and make it that the attunement you're on when you swap weapons gets an extra cool down or something, that might be a bit less punishing.

Btw to anyone who wants Weapon Swap on Ele, just a question: How do you think On Swap Sigils will work? Will they continue to work with Attunement Swapping, Only Weapon Swapping while on this Elite Spec or Whichever comes first depending on the cool down? I was thinking about this before and wondering if Weapon Swapping might make keeping track of our on swap sigils kind of difficult.

18 hours ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

That sounds really dangerous. Attunements are the class mechanic for Elementalist and locking them for 9 seconds each time you weapon swap is... bad. Not to mention you may accidently swap weapons sometimes and now you've locked yourself out of attunement swapping for 9 seconds.

Maybe lower the cool down to like Weaver numbers of 3-4 seconds or pull a bit of Tempest and make it that the attunement you're on when you swap weapons gets an extra cool down or something, that might be a bit less punishing.

Btw to anyone who wants Weapon Swap on Ele, just a question: How do you think On Swap Sigils will work? Will they continue to work with Attunement Swapping, Only Weapon Swapping while on this Elite Spec or Whichever comes first depending on the cool down? I was thinking about this before and wondering if Weapon Swapping might make keeping track of our on swap sigils kind of difficult.

Same thing that happens with rev. Revenant legends trigger on-swap sigils, too, and they still have regular weapon swap. Sigils have a 9sec icd, so it's not a problem balancing-wise.

Nobody cared about weapon swap until we got weaver. Really, a weapon swap is not really needed unless your only weapon is pure melee, and since basically all weaver "meta" builds use sword it's only now suddenly an issue. If the next spec does not do the same, then having a weapon swap will be completely unnecessary. 

Yeah. I "understand" that some people want weapon swap on elem; but  I can't get out of my head most of them don't really understand elem and are asking  it for bad reasons or reasons we could solve with much better solutions.

Mostly when they ask to separate affinities between weapons, or even delete one or two, or so 9sec on attunement swap... Have you really played elementalist, or for example Tempest with 20sec cd after overload, to ask "trade" like that.

Okai, give us weapon swap; but don't touch to elementalist mechanics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Yeah. I "understand" that some people want weapon swap on elem; but  I can't get out of my head most of them don't really understand elem and are asking  it for bad reasons or reasons we could solve with much better solutions.

Mostly when they ask to separate affinities between weapons, or even delete one or two, or so 9sec on attunement swap... Have you really played elementalist, or for example Tempest with 20sec cd after overload, to ask "trade" like that.

Okai, give us weapon swap; but don't touch to elementalist mechanics.

I feel like they will give ele Weapon swap, but attunements will work like Rev legends in which you can only choose two attunements (While the elite spec might give another element) WHich is fine as long as Water is not a must because you'll just be playing bunker again

Edited by Mini Crinny.6190
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

Same thing that happens with rev. Revenant legends trigger on-swap sigils, too, and they still have regular weapon swap. Sigils have a 9sec icd, so it's not a problem balancing-wise.

So weapon swapping and changing legends procs the on swap sigils? Good to know, I just assumed it was on weapon swap and legends acted like a regular class mechanic.

Two ways it could work, like Revenant mechanics, you choose two atunements and can only swap between these two.

Or they can do a sort of "Elemental Master" class that would work like a mix between Scourge and Warrior, where you choose only one atunement on F1, and your F2 to F4 skills are new spells based on that element. You cast those like Scourge uses it's shades, all with their separate cooldowns, and using a certain ammount of a "resource bar", but that resource would work like Warrior burst and you fill it just doing damage.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Two ways it could work, like Revenant mechanics, you choose two atunements and can only swap between these two.

Or they can do a sort of "Elemental Master" class that would work like a mix between Scourge and Warrior, where you choose only one atunement on F1, and your F2 to F4 skills are new spells based on that element. You cast those like Scourge uses it's shades, all with their separate cooldowns, and using a certain ammount of a "resource bar", but that resource would work like Warrior burst and you fill it just doing damage.

Yes please! I created an elementalist early on in this game but rarely touch it. In GW1 I had an ice elementalist and loved it. In this game attunement swapping feels mandatory to be effective. When I play my ele, I camp on one attunement because I want to be a fire ele or an air ele etc... I hate feeling like I have to rotate attunements when I just want to stick to a theme. An elite spec that lets me specialize would bring me back to this class in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Yes please! I created an elementalist early on in this game but rarely touch it. In GW1 I had an ice elementalist and loved it. In this game attunement swapping feels mandatory to be effective. When I play my ele, I camp on one attunement because I want to be a fire ele or an air ele etc... I hate feeling like I have to rotate attunements when I just want to stick to a theme. An elite spec that lets me specialize would bring me back to this class in a heartbeat.

Same here, Super Hayes.  In general, the mage/elementalist type class is one that I really enjoy playing in games.  It was one of my most-played secondaries in GW1.  I cannot, however, enjoy it in GW2 with the almost mandatory feel of constant attunement swapping.  An elite spec that focuses on specialization in a couple of elements would be just my cup of tea.

• Like 1