Arena Net Cannot Get Away with Ignoring State of PVP and Bots.

Nezekan.2671

They will get what is coming, similar to Blizzard. Arguably, they already do as Spvp has had close to zero effect in getting new players.

Spvp is the most stale game mode. Very few builds are used, amuelts are still being deleted from the game, there are lots of bots in 80% of the game's rankings, the rewards are a joke, and there are very few players in the game as a whole. I have seen at least 3 pvp oriented streamers try Guild wars in past couple of weeks and quit with span of a week. Because Spvp has nothing to offer. So, in summary:

Spvp has the least rewards out of all game modes.

Its full of bots.

It has the smallest player base.

Vast majority of builds are not available.

There is not even a hint of balance

Complete silence from Anet regarding all issues. They have not acknowledged botting, balance or the decling player base.

Spvp is get your legendaries if you want, then quit forever. There is just no reason to play. Soon 4 Am games, where I have seen 9 bots are going to spread to the day as well, as more and more people quit after getting the pvp exclusive things and there is nowhere near any influx of new players to replace them. During the day, you literally match against same players over and over, because there is no one else.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
Fixed typos
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Just wait for EoD. Will we get real balance patches again, or just more skill coefficient shifts? Will they ever follow up on the feb 2020 patch? Will PoF elite spec design ever get reworked? Or will we get another 3+ years of horrible class imbalance where scrapper gets reworked another 4 times while ele and war get 0 attention? Time will tell!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Arenanet already gets away with it, so your thread title is objectively false.

They can simply ignore sPvP and let it rot away.

They having nothing substantial left to lose in sPvP anyway.

I agree. As long as they get the gemstore money they are happy and from business perspective it is logical they focus on cosmetics and some pve the most. PvP is hard work to balance and make interesting. This is not the same studio as 9+ years ago, they prefer shortcuts like mentioned skins or dumb filler content like fishing

I really do want to be proven wrong, because I still like the game - but yeah

Btw, didn’t WoW get cancelled over blizzards sexual harassment scanadals etc.?

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

well, for ppl that actually bother to keep track, the same bots are playing for at least 10 seasons now

so, yeah, it's hard to say anet gets away with it as the game slowly bleeds, but i think the "big patch" has a bigger play in this than bots.

funny fact is, like 3 month ago we had multiple daily posts about bots

after that the bots that were usually around s3/g1 are all silver 1, which is funny, cuz 80% of those bots were scourge, and when the scourge is the most strong bots just do worse, my players could deal with the bots cuz they were playing scourge themselves, who knows.

But to me it seems that rating was set, so the bots stay out of plat players range matchmakingwise. It can still happen but it's a lot harder when bots are this low. Now they crowd super low tier games, where  players will just fail to spot them, cuz you know, unless bot get stuck while running the bot/player gameplay is pretty much the same, spam all your skills once enemy is in range.

5 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Will we get real balance patches again, or just more skill coefficient shifts? Will they ever follow up on the feb 2020 patch? Will PoF elite spec design ever get reworked? Or will we get another 3+ years of horrible class imbalance where scrapper gets reworked another 4 times while ele and war get 0 attention?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z

• Like 1
  • Haha 2