I wonder if you can interrupt Dragon Trigger Stance.

DanAlcedo.3281

10 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Nobody runs that and it will just get stripped, corrupted 

Maybe. Team fights are notoriously chaotic. I don’t think this will be the automatic death sentence that you make it out to be. You have to be smart. Warrior is all about timing in order to set up your big damage. This is no different. Try it out today and give feedback. That simple.

Edited by crewthief.8649

6 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Maybe. Team fights are notoriously chaotic. I don’t think this will be the automatic death sentence 100% of the time, that you make it out to be. You have to be smart. Warrior is all about timing in order to set up your big damage. this is no different. Try it out today and give feedback. That simple.

Oh I fully intend to run SB and just own it all week

4 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Oh I fully intend to run SB and just own it all week

Good for you. Although, considering the immense difficulty you have with stealth, I don’t think you find it easy to own anything, to be honest.

Also, I find it funny that a guy that has already made his mind up about this, isn’t planning to test it out. Nope. No testing. No feedback. Just 100% whining. You’re THAT GUY.

Edited by crewthief.8649

3 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Good for you. Although, considering the immense difficulty you have with stealth, I don’t think you find it easy to own anything, to be honest.

Also, I find it funny that a guy that has already made his mind up about this, isn’t planning to test it out. Nope. No testing. No feedback. Just 100% whining. You’re THAT GUY.

Someone has to show how it stacks up to current builds. Otherwise what's the point of a beta best. And it's not that I have difficulty with stealth I just find agonizingly annoying and would honestly just assume it not exist. I feel awful to run sight beyond sight or on my mark to be able to kill a decent thief instead of then just running away 

4 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Someone has to show how it stacks up to current builds. Otherwise what's the point of a beta best. And it's not that I have difficulty with stealth I just find agonizingly annoying and would honestly just assume it not exist. I feel awful to run sight beyond sight or on my mark to be able to kill a decent thief instead of then just running away 

Sorry, that doesn’t hold water. You complain about the spec, but do not intend to test it out, and I guarantee that if it proves to be underwhelming, you’ll be complaining about it (even more). The problem is, if you aren’t even willing to test it and give feedback during beta events, then at least with me, you have no credibility (as it relates to the spec) going forward.

Edited by crewthief.8649

9 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Sorry, that doesn’t hold water. You complain about the spec, but do not intend to test it out, and I guarantee that if it proves to be underwhelming, you’ll be complaining about it (even more). The problem is, if you aren’t even willing to test it and give feedback during beta events, then at least with me, you have no credibility (as it relates to the spec) going forward.

True that.

Anet needs data to evaluate the elite spec. Feedback from people who played the spec has 10 times the value of someone who just played against it.

If anyone cares for this spec to turn out well, they should test it themselves and actually provide useful feedback.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

True that.

Anet needs data to evaluate the elite spec. Feedback from people who played the spec has 10 times the value of someone who just played against it.

If anyone cares for this spec to turn out well, they should test it themselves and actually provide useful feedback.

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that this guy is just the kind that has to complain about something. Certainly not a new archetype, but definitely irritating.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

True that.

Why should I waste my own time to beta test a elite spec for a game I payed to play from a company that has a storied track record of ingonring warrior players instead of actually playing the game and progressing towards what I want in game?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Why should I waste my own time to beta test a elite spec for a game I payed to play from a company that has a storied track record of ingonring warrior players instead of actually playing the game and progressing towards what I want in game?

Right, no solutions or actual feedback, just complaining. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

How about I've played this game for 9 years a remebr when it was meta. I also have a signet build that runs it. I'm well aware of what it does. How about don't assume in some shitter who doesn't know about warrior?

But you haven't run 'IT' yet now have you? Also, lets take a step back here and assume that we're both trying to be helpful and not asshats. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

But you haven't run 'IT' yet now have you? Also, lets take a step back here and assume that we're both trying to be helpful and not asshats. 

I ran dolyak signet last week on my pvp signet build for lols. I'm aware of its current ability. There are better option in any no signet mastery build

36 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

'IT' meaning Dragon Trigger, sorry if I caused you confusion there.

True but I seriously have my doubts. Don't get me wrong. I want it to be good but with anets track record on warrior and the fact that half the devs don't seam to have much of a clue about warrior play styles and the like I don't have much faith. 

9 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

True but I seriously have my doubts. Don't get me wrong. I want it to be good but with anets track record on warrior and the fact that half the devs don't seam to have much of a clue about warrior play styles and the like I don't have much faith. 

Then play it, and give proper feedback in the thread that they will create for it. We have the opportunity to shape the direction that the spec will go. If all of us more or less say the same thing in our feedback then that may give them impetus to change what we find is lacking.

For instance if the reduced charge time in PvP/WvW is still not workable, then they need to know that. If the 4s of protection and 2s of aegis are not enough, then let them know. If flow rate is too slow, let them know. I think they're playing it safe with some of the CDs because they are afraid of the damage the put into it in PvE, and if we all feel like the CDs are too long, then we need to let them know.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Then play it, and give proper feedback in the thread that they will create for it. We have the opportunity to shape the direction that the spec will go. If all of us more or less say the same thing in our feedback then that may give them impetus to change what we find is lacking.

For instance if the reduced charge time in PvP/WvW is still not workable, then they need to know that. If the 4s of protection and 2s of aegis are not enough, then let them know. If flow rate is too slow, let them know. I think they're playing it safe with some of the CDs because they are afraid of the damage the put into it in PvE, and if we all feel like the CDs are too long, then we need to let them know.

That's the problem. I don't belive they actually care about what we say

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah the CDs are one of my fears, that we'll use all our skills and then sit there and look pretty for the next 20 seconds waiting on skills to recharge.  I also want to know if it'll fit into my lazy warrior kit, I don't think it'll be able to generate as much might but I'll have to play with it to see.

Just now, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Yeah the CDs are one of my fears, that we'll use all our skills and then sit there and look pretty for the next 20 seconds waiting on skills to recharge.  I also want to know if it'll fit into my lazy warrior kit, I don't think it'll be able to generate as much might but I'll have to play with it to see.

Use the elite, Lush Forest or Unshakeable Mountain along with Phalanx Strength for your lazy warrior setup. OH pistol as well and FGJ, Signet of Might, and some other utility. Use the either the CD reduction from Lush Forest to spam FGJ and SoM, or use Unshakeable Mountain to pump out barrier in addition to the heals from MM and MMR.

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Use the elite, Lush Forest or Unshakeable Mountain along with Phalanx Strength for your lazy warrior setup. OH pistol as well and FGJ, Signet of Might, and some other utility. Use the either the CD reduction from Lush Forest to spam FGJ and SoM, or use Unshakeable Mountain to pump out barrier in addition to the heals from MM and MMR.

That's somewhat part of my plan but doesn't quite fit the lazy part of the lazy warrior, I make the builds for some friends that aren't as good at the game so the build does all the sustain for them while doing decent damage. Right now the only utility they have to worry about is shake it off which is the condi cleanse, and I think could pair nicely with some of the BS things. The current lazy build has a solo build which I've been torn between arms with dual wielding and signet mastery and defense (gives me semi quickness speeds). The group version ditches that for tactics with PS.

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

So that answer is yes, no real gain of stab outside of using movement skills with the strength trait, and only one stack of stab on the flow gainer, so you will be cc'd out of it all the time. 

And lose all charges, and all flow. 

You lose charges but maintain any leftover flow you have after getting interrupted.  Either by stun, daze, etc or simply walking.  Also, you can be interrupted mid strike as well. 

On 9/20/2021 at 2:57 PM, Nezekan.2671 said:

You can already trait to have half bullets (therefore half the charge time). So it means 2.5 seconds is already possible, but the damage is also halved. This is currently the only realistic option for pvp.

On 9/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, Chrysaliss.8720 said:

There is still a grandmaster trait, that will lower the charge time by 50% at the cost of lower damage.

Actually, I've tested it in WvW at least and the damage is the same, whether you take 5 bullets or 10.