Catalyst Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

when swapping attunements while executing a combo finisher you will get two auras, one for the attunement you startet casting and one for the attunement you finished casting the finisher. This works with dagger-water-3, dagger-earth-3, dagger-earth-5 and probably others as well.

Also when using dagger earth 5 in a combo field you don't have to wait for the cast time to finish, when canceling the skill it will still give an aura.

• 4 weeks later...

True Bug: Arcane line should reduce 15% sphere recharge but it didn't.

in PVP: sphere recharge should go down  from 20 sec to 17 sec and a half.

in PVE: sphere recharge should go down from 15 sec to 13 sec.

In the tooltip I could see that the recharge was written as reduced but then go over that timer.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Note sure if bug or visual error on the tooltip.
The patch notes for the EOD Beta 4 don't mention any revision to Hammer 3 (Flame Wheel) in fire attunement in terms of burning duration. It is showing 1.75s burning with no expertise or fire traitline. Prior to this beta it was 2.5s duration.

I think CMC said this on MightyTeapot's stream, but he mentioned Hammer 3 skills rotate faster but do less damage per hit to compensate.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 3:23 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

That's less power damage, there is no change in PVP/WVW to the burn output of the flame wheel.

Yea, I get that.

I'm saying, I believe I heard CMC say something on a stream that mentioned the condi changes too. I'm rewatching it now to verify.

EDIT: Didn't see it, must have imagined it somewhere. With the increase rotation and thereby increase activations, it makes sense to reduce the overall burn duration.

Edited by Vinteros Asteano.1209

3 minutes ago, Zombug.6514 said:

Grand Finale (the hammer 3 skill that flips up when you cast a spinner) seems to put itself on cooldown at random times. I can't figure out what's doing it but I think it's related to attunement cooldowns somehow?

I figured it out, swapping attunements will sometimes auto-cast Grand Finale (very unwanted)

Has anyone else noticed that the #1 skills on the hammer seem backwards with regards to execution time?

Fire and Water are each 1/2 cast time but they have such a long after-cast delay that they're actually more like 3/4+ and on the flip side, air and earth both have 3/4 with almost no after-cast delay which makes them feel faster.

Doing a side-by-side comparison, air/earth execute objectively faster than fire/water.  I don't think air/earth should be nerfed if their value is incorrect because it's not overpowered at all at the current rate, but fire/water should have their after-cast delays reduced in my opinion or at least the tooltips updated because they are not accurate.

Edit:

Out of curiosity, I pulled out my phone and timed the duration from the start of 1 auto-attack to the start of the next.  I only compared earth and fire but earth was taking about 1 second for the full loop while fire was taking 1.25 seconds on average for the full loop.  I'm not sure if earth is actually extra fast or fire half a second too slow

Edited by zetherin.8372

Not sure if a bug or not but I am BARELY seeing the silhouettes of the animals inside the Jade Spheres when using Shaders in Medium or High, and I know it sounds silly but that was the main reason I liked this spec compared to Tempest lol

I find it kind of weird changing the Shaders option to Low to be able to see the animation basically, so I think this should be a bug, as worse as the quality of shaders is the better the picture is shown and barely visible when using shaders in high

Edited by Okaerin.3145
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Okaerin.3145 said:

Not sure if a bug or not but I am BARELY seeing the silhouettes of the animals inside the Jade Spheres when using Shaders in Medium or High, and I know it sounds silly but that was the main reason I liked this spec compared to Tempest lol

I find it kind of weird changing the Shaders option to Low to be able to see the animation basically, so I think this should be a bug, as worse as the quality of shaders is the better the picture is shown and barely visible when using shaders in high

Thanks you!  I have the same problem. I can barely see them and its driving me insane. Glad to know that i'm not the ONLY One

Edited by Flaemon.5709
  • Like 1

• Hammer fire #2 doesn't hit targets that are right in front of me. Many times in WVW zerg-v-zerg, I would use fire #2 with no visible proj hate present and the skills does not, just whiffs
  • Hammer air #4 is frustratingly inconsistent. Sometimes it propels backwards, sometimes not, depends on the dice roll of whether your opponent falls in the extremely difficult-to-judge 600 +/- x window. Super annoying skill. I want determinism as a minimum but what I REALLY want is Air #4 to propel me FORWARDS - I don't care if I have to lose the knockdown aspect - hammer desperately needs the mobility. 
  • Hammer #3s in general feel like useless skills but the bug aspect is that the "finale" skill often doesn't go off, even when I appear to have orbs present and the skill appears ready to use. Just fails to cast.
Edited by scerevisiae.1972

Put this in the feedback thread too but maybe it fits here better 

Please fix rain of blows animation. It's very clear that it's a cropped hundred blades, but that's not the problem. The problem is that at the end of the animation your character looks like he is about to do another strike, but then very suddenly stops right as the hammer is about to hit. It looks extremely weird and if Catalyst is ever playable in conquest this visual clarity is going to be a problem, not to mention that it's more efficient to roll away when the cast bar is  at 75% in this case. 

Please crop hundred blades better and make it a shorter cast time, or at least make it an aftercast instead of us hitting air.

Didn't comment for the first beta because I thought that it was something so minor that it couldn't NOT have been fixed for the 2nd one, guess I was wrong