Catalyst Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Hammer fire 2 misses often, seems like the range is too short or the cone of damage is too narrow / doesn't match the animation.

Hammer 4 target reticle doesn't match the damage area / seems too small for the animation. Also this skill seems to do way less damage than I would expect for its cooldown.

Earth and water 1 not being ranged feels like a bug, it's weird to be at 600 range and swap into these elements and not be able to do anything.

Hammer air 4 is really unreliable, sometimes it fires you back and other times it doesn't, really annoying cause it's difficult to know for sure what it's going to do.

• Like 2

The spec is working great so far! However i have some issues with the skill 3 on the hammer weapon type on every attunement.

It appears that if the orbs get blocked by the enemy, they simply disappear and don't deal damage anymore. however you keep the buff which is tremendously punishing since you loose a lot of dmg when the orbs simply disappear:-)
I tested it on crabs for example who start blocking at the begin of the fight and one could perfectly see that the orb of skill 3 instantly disappeared once it got blocked.

Furthermore, I'm not sure whether it is so good that the orb can hit multiple times when the player stands inside the hitbox. This way the catalyst deals an INSANE amount of dps which is kinda unfair, especially in competitive game modes xD. The benchmark for the catalyst this beta is ridiculously high. however i do feel that fixing the orb in only hitting once every circle it finishes could be enough to address the issue.

• 2 months later...

I reported this in game and will also report in this forum again under NPC bugs.  
The event needed for the Catalyst ascended weapon, Gravity, that is lead by the NPC Toxicologist Yon never spawns.  I have been searching for 3 days now.  I’m in the approximate place in Seitung Province where  the first of those chain events are supposed to start, but nothing.  
My achievement collection for Gravity has been completed for days.  Just waiting on [Badge of the Catalyst] which is dropped after defeating the Spider Boss at Zen Daijun, following Toxicologist Yon’s event that never happens.  
please help.  

4 hours ago, Kyoto no Phagin.6520 said:

I reported this in game and will also report in this forum again under NPC bugs.  
The event needed for the Catalyst ascended weapon, Gravity, that is lead by the NPC Toxicologist Yon never spawns.  I have been searching for 3 days now.  I’m in the approximate place in Seitung Province where  the first of those chain events are supposed to start, but nothing.  
My achievement collection for Gravity has been completed for days.  Just waiting on [Badge of the Catalyst] which is dropped after defeating the Spider Boss at Zen Daijun, following Toxicologist Yon’s event that never happens.  
please help.  

I had luck, regularly checking the place for three days or so. Another Catalyst was there, said he camped the event for hours.

Ironically, the very next day I say the event again for the second time while just moving through the map.

It's not impossible, but I don't know how the event chain starts and seems like it's either too rare or, as you said, bugged.
Just wanted to let you know that it's possible, just a pita.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:47 AM, scarlettmoonbabe.6932 said:

not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's irritating. i keep getting stuck in combat due to elemental empowerment and how it reacts to proximity of enemies, at least that's what i think is doing it, regardless if i or they have attacked for an indefinite amount of time.

I don't know that it's a catalyst thing. I don't remember what I was on but I noticed this quite a few times the other night and I had to walk halfway across the map it felt like just to finally drop combat. I haven't noticed it consistently but I also haven't really wanted to play Catalyst enough to notice. I might try to stomach it again tonight and see if I notice.

I think you might be right but it's not just catalyst, it's something about the type of "buff" that empowerment is because I think I've noticed similar on other ":buff" type abilities that weren't boons or auras. I believe I noticed it most in Jade Sea but that could be the way the events work or something.

Wind Storm on Hammer Air attunement 4 on several occasions has put me into terrain or under the terrain. A few times using it near walls I've been teleported into the wall itself and can't get out and just recently in WvW I was in Hills lords room killing lord and used it and it put me under the map directly under lords room. I could even still use AoE skills on the floor above which could be abused.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but Vicious_Empowerment also procs if you get disabled or immobilized instead of just when you disable or immobilize a foe.

I mean, thats a nice bug, because without that, there is almost no way you an keep it up in a real encounter, but its still a bug that shouldnt be there I guess.

So make sure that if you remove this bug, to add more ways to gain stacks of EE please.

Tho also if you dont remove this bug please, because:

(https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/112427-please-increase-sources-of-elemental-empowerment-even-benchmarks-struggle-to-keep-up-10-stacks/)

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Haha 1

The circling orbs from hammer 3 skill sometimes don't all "fire" when i reactivate the skill.

I've had it a few times where i will get all 4 elements circling, press the skill again to send them to an enemy and one orb just won't fire and will continue to circle me. I've tried to see if this orb is purely cosmetic (e.g. it did fire but the animation remains) or if the orb is still active by seeing if I can get it to hit something in its trajectory, but I haven't had much luck actually managing this. The buff from the hammer 3 skill goes though.

• Like 1

The orbs are broken. They disappear when going over certain terrain and your grand finale ends up doing nothing. Of course they also get destroyed by projectile destruction while orbiting which is absurd. Revs already went through these issues with vengeful hammers before you fixed it. Can we actually learn from past mistakes?

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...