[EoD] PvP Compilation Catalyst (Elementalist new spec) - **710k Damage** in a match

ViBonacci.5802

staff is indeed in a sorry state, its kinda funny how a melee focused heavy armour class like rev or guard can play a long range nuker better than what should be the archetypical mage class.

meanwehile the archetypical mage class gets nothing but melee spec after melee spec after melee spec.

glass cannon staff ele used to be one of my favourite things to play in pvp, you did huge aoe damage but you were also squishy as all hell, pretty balanced imho, but nerf after nerf all seemed to pile up, until we are left with this "thing" we have today.

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Coffee And Cream.6198 said:

I'm glad someone had fun with catalyst.

People wanted core ele to be viable in some game mode, hey it may not be SPVP but glad people were putting it to work with staff and dagger.

Catalyst felt good playing d/d sage in pvp. You could completely ignore the f5 and make full use of aura spam. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 2:45 AM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Catalyst felt good playing d/d sage in pvp. You could completely ignore the f5 and make full use of aura spam. 

So the point of the spec doesn't work, the hammer and the F5 unused and maybe people take one or two utility skills and get some traits to make core ele build work, might as well roll these traits and utility skills into core.

Total fail on the functionality having a reason to exist and it doesn't seem to have cool theme to carry it like EXPLOSION SAMURAI, and it is not like there isn't abundance of Wizard/Magicians themes in Asia, I don't get what is the seller for the new ele spec currently.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not impressed. The quality of your enemy so soooooooo sub standard it might as well be playing pve. The fight you had at far against their deadeye is so baad. You stand behind a pillar to los, super great on ur part. The de just trys and shoots threw it till u kill him. Whats the challenge/ quality fight in that.

The only time i see any hit above 3k is at the end and it was from conjour axe 2 i think. Your hardest hitting skill only did 3.7k, super pathetic. In bronze to silver games is the only place this will work.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Not impressed. The quality of your enemy so soooooooo sub standard it might as well be playing pve. The fight you had at far against their deadeye is so baad. You stand behind a pillar to los, super great on ur part. The de just trys and shoots threw it till u kill him. Whats the challenge/ quality fight in that.

The only time i see any hit above 3k is at the end and it was from conjour axe 2 i think. Your hardest hitting skill only did 3.7k, super pathetic. In bronze to silver games is the only place this will work.

I got platinum every season playing with core staff element, and i can tell u that work with everyone hahahaha.

15 hours ago, ViBonacci.5802 said:

I got platinum every season playing with core staff element, and i can tell u that work with everyone hahahaha.

Anyone can get to plat with enough personal skill and baad players to play against. That games pitiful in the sence you never get focused by the enemy so you can just free cast. + this was a year or more ago befor necro barrier spam or minion necro in every game. Staff is slow and uncompetitive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Anyone can get to plat with enough personal skill and baad players to play against. That games pitiful in the sence you never get focused by the enemy so you can just free cast. + this was a year or more ago befor necro barrier spam or minion necro in every game. Staff is slow and uncompetitive.

And plat 2? Anyone can reach it too?

That game is from last season (28).

4 hours ago, ViBonacci.5802 said:

And plat 2? Anyone can reach it too?

That game is from last season (28).

in both of these videos you're just not doing anything that another class couldn't do far better, 

staff just isn't good anymore,

gz on plat, but having only seen these 2 videos it seems like an awful lot of carry must

have been done to get you there. (if you only played staff ele)

note: i'm not saying you are bad, i'm saying staff is,

so please don't think i'm criticizing you as a player,

you did the best you could with what you have to work with! 🙂

Edited by Liewec.2896