AFK mob Farming

45 minutes ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Constitution ringing a bell here? 

Innocent until guilty.

This shoot first then ask questions is what brings the toxicity right into the game.

It's people like you that makes me happy that A-Net ignores most standing farmers and even provided a statement that those innocent people don't do anything wrong

Thank you for that A-Net

They are not innocent.  Anyone who's taken a little time to observe can clearly see that.  I've seen what they are doing and they are clearly using automated farming.  Any sort of automated game play is not allowed.  I've seen them get tossed around by a champ and do nothing to avoid it until they are dead.  Then they lay there dead until someone rezzes them.  Then they just stand there for a while until they happen to notice that they don't have their minions up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Innocent until guilty.

This shoot first then ask questions is what brings the toxicity right into the game.

It's people like you that makes me happy that A-Net ignores most standing farmers and even provided a statement that those innocent people don't do anything wrong

Thank you for that A-Net

Thank you for highlighting how indefensible and hilarious the pro afk farming argument is. The constitution of the USA is not relevant. The terms of service/license agreement govern your access to the game servers, and if afk farming is against anets terms then they are free to ban without going through some cockamamie online video game jury trial that you think you’re entitled to.

Edited by thehipone.6812
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

They are not innocent.  Anyone who's taken a little time to observe can clearly see that.  I've seen what they are doing and they are clearly using automated farming.  Any sort of automated game play is not allowed.  I've seen them get tossed around by a champ and do nothing to avoid it until they are dead.  Then they lay there dead until someone rezzes them.  Then they just stand there for a while until they happen to notice that they don't have their minions up.

They are absolutely innocent.

You have to prove that they are guilty not the other way around.

You even mention that those guys notice that their minions are not up and put them up again, which requires not to be AFK right?

If it is so obvious that they are AFK and/or use any kind of 3rd party gear, you will have no problem demonstrating exactly that to us. 

We can't wait to see what you offer to finally shut AFK farming down.

Edited by Kurrilino.2706
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, thehipone.6812 said:

The constitution of the USA is not relevant. The terms of service/license agreement govern your access to the game servers, and if afk farming is against anets terms then they are free to ban without going through some cockamamie online video game jury trial that you think you’re entitled to.

"The constitution of the USA is not relevant" ............. do you listen to yourself?

A-Net's business conditions have to obey they actual law by any meanings. This has nothing to do with entitlement.

Beside that, ANet states in their own rules that Standing Farming is absolutely legal and they also released a statement about that.

I have absolutely no idea what your riot is about

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Well, you have to prove that they are guilty not the other way around.

You even mention that those guys notice that their minions are not up and put them up again, which requires not to be AFK right?

If it is so obvious that they are AFK and/or use any kind of 3rd party gear, you will have no problem

demonstrating it to us. 

First, I don't have to prove it.  I don't have any authority to take action.  Anet would have to prove it but they won't do anywhere near enough to for that.

Second, nice try cherry picking from what I said.  They will always remake their minions eventually.  It might take 5 minutes or 10 minutes or an hour on that particular instance.  Each auto farmer is different and each instance is different.  Got anything to say about the part where they don't react at all to being tossed around by a champ or the part where they just lay there dead indefinitely or the part about how they stand there with no minions indefinitely?

As far as proving it to YOU, I can't prove something to someone who refuses to see it.  Also, who all is included in "we?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

First, I don't have to prove it.  I don't have any authority to take action.  Anet would have to prove it but they won't do anywhere near enough to for that.

Second, nice try cherry picking from what I said.  They will always remake their minions eventually.  It might take 5 minutes or 10 minutes or an hour on that particular instance.  Each auto farmer is different and each instance is different.  Got anything to say about the part where they don't react at all to being tossed around by a champ or the part where they just lay there dead indefinitely or the part about how they stand there with no minions indefinitely?

As far as proving it to YOU, I can't prove something to someone who refuses to see it.  Also, who all is included in "we?"

You do a positive claim, accusing them of being AFK.

That means you have the burden of evidence.

Again in our society everyone is not guilty until proven otherwise and i call you out after you do a ridiculous claim like that.

Just prove that they are AFK farming and Anet has no problem getting rid of them.

Beside that, a proof is nothing someone can refuse to see. The fact that you can't even demonstrate in any kind or shape that those guys are AFK farming, means you have no proof or even evidence.

The best behavior in a situation is to say, "I don't know". I also don't know if someone is AFK farming or not.

So until i have this knowledge, i do not accuse someone

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

You do a positive claim, accusing them of being AFK.

That means you have the burden of evidence.

Again in our society everyone is not guilty until proven otherwise and i call you out after you do a ridiculous claim like that.

Just prove that they are AFK farming and Anet has no problem getting rid of them.

Beside that, a proof is nothing someone can refuse to see. The fact that you can't even demonstrate in any kind or shape that those guys are AFK farming, means you have no proof or even evidence.

The best behavior in a situation is to say, "I don't know". I also don't know if someone is AFK farming or not.

So until i have this knowledge, i do not accuse someone

Your troll antics are not fooling anyone. 

Innocent until proven guilty applies to people under trial.  This is not a trial.  This is just a discussion.

I never used the term "AFK."  Whether or not they are AFK in not relevant to what I'm saying.  You're just spewing the same BS regardless of what I say.  I have actually posted in other threads on this topic suggesting people avoid using the term "AFK."

If you want proof then go observe for yourself.  I know you won't because that's not actually what this is about.  I know what I've observed but that has been over hours and weeks and months.  Presenting that on this forum is not feasible and you know it.  Even if I could present proof there's no precedent that I'm aware of for that ANET would act on that.

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

For privacy reasons, Anet will not divulge if actions are taken or not.

Let me rephrase then.  There has been tons of discussion about this general topic and what people can do about it.  I've never heard anyone suggest gathering proof and submitting it to ANET.  The only action available for players who think they are observing something wrong is to report it via the ingame report system.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Let me rephrase then.  There has been tons of discussion about this general topic and what people can do about it.  I've never heard anyone suggest gathering proof and submitting it to ANET.  The only action available for players who think they are observing something wrong is to report it via the ingame report system.  

I wholeheartedly agree which is why I advocate for these threads to be locked as they serve no real value.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 10/4/2021 at 6:45 PM, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Innocent until guilty.

Thank you for that A-Net

There is a peacemaker officer who appears to have taken up residence in my Asura home instance. How do I file a complaint under the third amendment?

And for the record, the phrase, “innocent until proven guilty” or presumption of innocence does not explicitly appear in the us constitution, but I’m sure you knew that already.

Edited by thehipone.6812

11 hours ago, Crackmonster.2790 said:

If you think it will make anyone happy to silence them right away because you deem their feedback unfit, check yourself.

This is absolutely not what he/she said.

But i agree, the internal gaming forum should be used for game related questions or comments, not to vent about random stuff especially baseless accusations

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/5/2021 at 12:09 PM, Kurrilino.2706 said:

They are absolutely innocent.

You have to prove that they are guilty not the other way around.

If it is so obvious that they are AFK and/or use any kind of 3rd party gear, you will have no problem demonstrating exactly that to us. 

Um, they just have a recast in their marco....... kind of like the same way they would need to so as not to be idle to get auto kicked out. If you want someone to write you a macro that is against terms of the forums please don't ask people to do that. 

For anyone defending AFK farming, why are you defending it? If you don't see how that affects another's game play that's on you, not on the OP.  It impacted the OP since they created the post alone, there you have an answer. I think a better argument from people versus prove it would be to say it helps keep the price of items down by increasing the supply. But that is a greedy argument as it also reduces the price to be acquired by farming it yourself so therefore it reduces the value of the time the actual playing farmer spent versus the AFK farmer spent. I may not be a farmer in this game but have talked and know enough of them that I get their side and enjoyment they get when they feel the time was well spent even if I don't agree.

If people aren't AFK farming the conversation is not about them, so this has nothing to do with proving that they are or not since it about the ones that are AFK farming. If you believe no one is AFK farming, we have a bridge to sell to you. 

So again, OP had an issue, raised a point on the game's forum so that the mods could note it for potential future changes. I get that, regardless of if I agree with it or not. I don't get people that don't want to take time to look at it from other angles before just say, 'No brah'. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Um, they just have a recast in their marco....... kind of like the same way they would need to so as not to be idle to get auto kicked out. If you want someone to write you a macro that is against terms of the forums please don't ask people to do that. 

For anyone defending AFK farming, why are you defending it? If you don't see how that affects another's game play that's on you, not on the OP. 

You are kinda misunderstanding how reality works.

You purely assume they are using macro's without any shred of proof or even evidence.

I am well aware how idle and auto kicking works since i am a veteran standing farmer.

I usually sit with my legs up at the table and my toes click the spacebar while i read a book or study for a certificate.

This is why i don't like people being accused of being an AFK farmer since Standing Farmers are clearly not AFK

You guys just attach randomly the AFK word to make other people appear illegal.

So no, i don't defend AFK farming. ANET has very strict rules against that an nobody on this planet will defend AFK farming.

With that said, i will call out everyone who missuses AFK with the intention to get someone else banned from a game they paid for because our farming is different from your farming.

In future we will have no trouble at all if we call people what they are. Standing Farmers

Every illegal attachment, like AFK, needs strong evidence. That counts for PvE and PvP

And while you insist we are talking about the OP's post, we use his as example.

The thread headline is AFK mob farming.

What he really complains about is that someone has 10+ accounts, which is neither illegal or proven at any point.

He just attaches the AFK to start the discussion with the intend to criminalize another person doing absolutely nothing wrong.

This is where a line has to be drawn and everyone asking to ban people  in public, must bring evidence or will be banned him/her self. It's that easy

Edited by Kurrilino.2706
  • Confused 3

On 10/6/2021 at 3:03 PM, Kurrilino.2706 said:

You are kinda misunderstanding how reality works.

You purely assume they are using macro's without any shred of proof or even evidence.

I am well aware how idle and auto kicking works since i am a veteran standing farmer.

I usually sit with my legs up at the table and my toes click the spacebar while i read a book or study for a certificate.

This is why i don't like people being accused of being an AFK farmer since Standing Farmers are clearly not AFK

You guys just attach randomly the AFK word to make other people appear illegal.

So no, i don't defend AFK farming. ANET has very strict rules against that an nobody on this planet will defend AFK farming.

With that said, i will call out everyone who missuses AFK with the intention to get someone else banned from a game they paid for because our farming is different from your farming.

In future we will have no trouble at all if we call people what they are. Standing Farmers

Every illegal attachment, like AFK, needs strong evidence. That counts for PvE and PvP

And while you insist we are talking about the OP's post, we use his as example.

The thread headline is AFK mob farming.

What he really complains about is that someone has 10+ accounts, which is neither illegal or proven at any point.

He just attaches the AFK to start the discussion with the intend to criminalize another person doing absolutely nothing wrong.

This is where a line has to be drawn and everyone asking to ban people  in public, must bring evidence or will be banned him/her self. It's that easy

If you're reading a book or studying for a cert with your feet on the keyboard, how are you controlling your character?  Are you using your toes to cast skills?

On 10/3/2021 at 5:46 PM, Kurrilino.2706 said:

...If you want to complain over really outrageous economy issues, go on riot that a corporate like Daimler-Chrysler is paying less taxes than a painter company with 5 employees...

Mate, not one single corporation on the planet pays a single cent in taxes. They just collect taxes for the government from the people. They themselves are not out of pocket whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

If you're reading a book or studying for a cert with your feet on the keyboard, how are you controlling your character?  Are you using your toes to cast skills?

This is exactly how it is. I rekeyed the skills to the big keys like enter and space, this is all you need.

The character isn't moving at all.

11 hours ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

This is exactly how it is. I rekeyed the skills to the big keys like enter and space, this is all you need.

The character isn't moving at all.

So you're saying you're character doesn't do anything unless you press a key with your toes?  You are completely and 100% controlling your character?  And you are doing that all with your toes while reading a book or studying?

On 10/8/2021 at 7:46 AM, Bollocks.4078 said:

So you're saying you're character doesn't do anything unless you press a key with your toes?  You are completely and 100% controlling your character?  And you are doing that all with your toes while reading a book or studying?

No idea how to answer that. The moment you turn on the game, you completely and 100% control your character.

It's not doing anything on it's own.

Mostly it does auto attack though but here and there i tap my toes on the spacebar to play the reaper minions

• Confused 3