Counter for Choas Inspi Mirage

fluffypaws.2860

5 hours ago, Mack.3045 said:

Thank you for the suggestion. Would this build suffice ?

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Carrion_Axe

Don't listen to that post, it's a terrible idea. And the build you posted, powerblock mirage is not a good match up into it.

Reaper is probably a decent option. Heavy power damage, tanky with lots of access to condi cleanse.

That garbage build just needs to get nerfed to hell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

23 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Just stay in your lane and don’t worry about how others play.   If you’re smart enough you just don’t duel the build if spotted.   Do you also try to fight a shadow arts thief?   No, not if you have a brain.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

On 10/3/2021 at 3:53 PM, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Don't listen to that post, it's a terrible idea. And the build you posted, powerblock mirage is not a good match up into it.

Reaper is probably a decent option. Heavy power damage, tanky with lots of access to condi cleanse.

it cannot be nerfed . how are u gonna . nerf a mechanic thats this important . but again the build itself isnt strong its just hard to kill  , my recommendation was acctualy the best match i could find , with auspicious anguish and elusive mind u will have enough condi cleans to survive it  . but no matter how much condi cleans u have if u rely on dealing condi dmg u will lose because of how many condi cleanses inspi have  so power is the only way 

7 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

Just stay in your lane and don’t worry about how others play.   If you’re smart enough you just don’t duel the build if spotted.   Do you also try to fight a shadow arts thief?   No, not if you have a brain.

Gotta love posts like these. I don't know if you know this but in PvP you are interacting with other players. It is called Player vs Player. So when I play this game mode how others play it and how the game is designed matters to me and everyone else in the game mode.  

The issue with this build like quite a few others in this game is it is carried by the build itself, not the player. A player should be carried by skill, not by a build. sPvP is a competitive game mode. Every competitive game attempts to balance itself in a way where skill is the deciding factor and where mistakes can be punished. Chaos/inspi is the about as egregious as it gets for a build to cover it's kitten where the player can make mistake after mistake after mistake and not be punished because of the build. Again, this is player versus player where interactivity matters. Fighting this build is not interactive. Crap like this is EXACTLY why this game mode is dying. 

Sorry just because other terrible builds exist does NOT mean this one should too. There are mechanics that are healthy for a competitive game mode, this isn't one of them. 

6 hours ago, Entropo.1524 said:

it cannot be nerfed . how are u gonna . nerf a mechanic thats this important . but again the build itself isnt strong its just hard to kill  , my recommendation was acctualy the best match i could find , with auspicious anguish and elusive mind u will have enough condi cleans to survive it  . but no matter how much condi cleans u have if u rely on dealing condi dmg u will lose because of how many condi cleanses inspi have  so power is the only way 

What makes the mechanic important?  What is it important for? It isn't used in PvE in any content, it isn't used in WvW, it is solely used in obnoxious PvP builds. 

I'm sorry but a chaos axe power build would be very bad. Just in general it is a terrible build. You won't kill anything with that except very bad players.  

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Gotta love posts like these. I don't know if you know this but in PvP you are interacting with other players. It is called Player vs Player. So when I play this game mode how others play it and how the game is designed matters to me and everyone else in the game mode.  

The issue with this build like quite a few others in this game is it is carried by the build itself, not the player. A player should be carried by skill, not by a build. sPvP is a competitive game mode. Every competitive game attempts to balance itself in a way where skill is the deciding factor and where mistakes can be punished. Chaos/inspi is the about as egregious as it gets for a build to cover it's kitten where the player can make mistake after mistake after mistake and not be punished because of the build. Again this is, player versus player where interactivity matters. Fighting this build is not interactive. Crap like this is EXACTLY why this game mode is dying. 

Sorry just because other terrible builds exist does NOT mean this one should too. There are mechanics that are healthy for a competitive game mode, this isn't one of them. 

What makes the mechanic important?  What is it important for? It isn't used in PvE in any content, it isn't used in WvW, it is solely used in obnoxious PvP builds. 

I'm sorry but a chaos axe power build would be very bad. Just in general it is a terrible build. You won't kill anything with that except very bad players.  

the inspi signet trait is mandatory in alot of content . u cant tank with chrono without it it is very important in pve . as of the choas power axe build . i wouldnt argue against what u say i would just say try axe on zerk or on wizard amulet and see for ur self with the axe mirage trait . it sort of like a case of short bow rev , a condi weapon but happened to be power viable with some playing around especily in pvp where power coefficents are down to the ground on power weapons 

46 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

The issue with this build like quite a few others in this game is it is carried by the build itself, not the player. A player should be carried by skill, not by a build. sPvP is a competitive game mode. Every competitive game attempts to balance itself in a way where skill is the deciding factor and where mistakes can be punished. Chaos/inspi is the about as egregious as it gets for a build to cover it's kitten where the player can make mistake after mistake after mistake and not be punished because of the build. Again this is, player versus player where interactivity matters. Fighting this build is not interactive. Crap like this is EXACTLY why this game mode is dying. 

accidentaly sent 2 times 

Edited by Entropo.1524
accidentaly sent 2 times

54 minutes ago, Entropo.1524 said:

the inspi signet trait is mandatory in alot of content . u cant tank with chrono without it it is very important in pve . as of the choas power axe build . i wouldnt argue against what u say i would just say try axe on zerk or on wizard amulet and see for ur self with the axe mirage trait . it sort of like a case of short bow rev , a condi weapon but happened to be power viable with some playing around especily in pvp where power coefficents are down to the ground on power weapons 

The signet trait is taken in PvE because it buffs signet of inspiration to include 10 allies, not to spam distortion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 10/4/2021 at 6:26 PM, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

The issue with this build like quite a few others in this game is it is carried by the build itself, not the player. A player should be carried by skill, not by a build. sPvP is a competitive game mode. Every competitive game attempts to balance itself in a way where skill is the deciding factor and where mistakes can be punished. Chaos/inspi is the about as egregious as it gets for a build to cover it's kitten where the player can make mistake after mistake after mistake and not be punished because of the build. Again, this is player versus player where interactivity matters. Fighting this build is not interactive. Crap like this is EXACTLY why this game mode is dying. 

Poster said they are only duelling, though. They can just choose to not duel that build. That build is useless in bigger fights, useful in roaming only if they can force the opponent into a duel and that build can't hold a node in PvP. So it's mostly useless and only strong if the opponent plays into its strength.

Edited by Yoci.2481
Formating
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yoci.2481 said:

Poster said they are only duelling, though. They can just choose to not duel that build. That build is useless in bigger fights, useful in roaming only if they can force the opponent into a duel and that build can't hold a node in PvP. So it's mostly useless and only strong if the opponent plays into its strength.

Let me put it like this. I know multiple people who made it to p2+ last season with this build who would never make it past gold on any other Mesmer build. 
One of them I beat 1vs1 on power block Mirage (because they are that bad and in p2!!!).

I’m sorry but arguing for this builds viability is just as silly as arguing for minionmancers. People are fed up with these kinds of builds. 

This build is one of the reason Mesmer can not be buffed. If Mesmer gets either an offensive or defensive buff you will have created the worst bunker this game has probably ever seen with this build. Imagine Mirage with two dodges and 5 distortions, absolutely obnoxious. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Let me put it like this. I know multiple people who made it to p2+ last season with this build who would never make it past gold on any other Mesmer build. 
One of them I beat 1vs1 on power block Mirage (because they are that bad and in p2!!!).

I’m sorry but arguing for this builds viability is just as silly as arguing for minionmancers. People are fed up with these kinds of builds. 

This build is one of the reason Mesmer can not be buffed. If Mesmer gets either an offensive or defensive buff you will have created the worst bunker this game has probably ever seen with this build. Imagine Mirage with two dodges and 5 distortions, absolutely obnoxious. 

why are you comparing this to minion mancer?
minion mancer is used in kittening mat, this build is bad, loses to any sidenoder 1v1, and is very bad in XvX fights.
Its just there not to die. You can make the same build on every single class.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

why are you comparing this to minion mancer?
minion mancer is used in kittening mat, this build is bad, loses to any sidenoder 1v1, and is very bad in XvX fights.
Its just there not to die. You can make the same build on every single class.

Are we pretending that Shorts didn't just win the mAT in May using chaos/inspi sidenoding against Grimjack (one of, if not the best ele) on fire weaver? 

Grimjack after the mAT describing the the build: "It does a surprising amount of damage"

Hold on, erasing my memory.  Ok, you're right. The build is terrible, no one can play it effectively and it isn't carrying  bad players to ranks they don't belong in.  😛

Just now, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Are we pretending that Shorts didn't just win the mAT in May using chaos/inspi sidenoding against Grimjack (one of, if not the best ele) on fire weaver? 

Grimjack after the mAT describing the the build: "It does a surprising amount of damage"

Hold on, erasing my memory.  Ok, you're right. The build is terrible and isn't carrying  bad players to ranks they don't belong in.  😛

if you wanna nerf every build that carries bad players you will have to nerf every single class.
I wonder if any trait is going to remain afterwards lol

3 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

if you wanna nerf every build that carries bad players you will have to nerf every single class.
I wonder if any trait is going to remain afterwards lol

You telling me you wouldn’t want more frequent and iterative balance changes to the game? Cause I would love that! I think it would be great if ANET made incremental changes across the board that helped speed the pace of the game back up a bit. 

People are getting tired of Bunker Wars 2.

Its not that the build is good its that everything else got nerfed. It generally does no dmg in areas where stats are not heavily stagnated. 

Look at MM necros, it went from a troll meme build to one of the strongest builds in sPvP. Point is it isnt the build its everything else that got extremely nerfed that made the build strong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

You telling me you wouldn’t want more frequent and iterative balance changes to the game? Cause I would love that! I think it would be great if ANET made incremental changes across the board that helped speed the pace of the game back up a bit. 

People are getting tired of Bunker Wars 2.

It doesnt matter what I want. Anet is incapable of making right changes, let alone huge right changes to all classes.
Just look at necro, every imaginable iteration has been broken and braindead for over a year now and nothing changes.
They removed amulet and lowered minion HP. If they try to " fix " the "braindead" insp mirage, they will kitten up something again, and the build sucks to begin with anyways.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 7:59 PM, Midnight.9657 said:

Hi guys,

What's the counter to Chaos inspi Mirage besides a well played Choas inspi Mirage 🤣

These things are nigh unkillable in the right hands.

I'm thinking Deadeye ?

Or like holosmith. 

The signets amount to extra dodges but the build doesn't do well against sustained non-projectile power damage. 

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816