Your design philosophies will cost you

Grand Marshal.4098

10 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

You're missing the point.

Gunsaber and Dragon Trigger both act as mode switches. Apart from flipover skills, pretty much EVERYTHING that allows you to change your skills in combat triggers on-weaponswap sigils. Activating Dragon Trigger does this. Bladesworn essentially has two such modes - gunsaber out has a set of skills, and gunsaber in sheathe has a set of skills. Dragon Trigger is linked to gunsaber, but is still a separate mode with its own set of skills.

Coming out of Dragon Trigger putting weaponswap on cooldown has been acknowledged as a bug, but nothing has been said regarding its behaviour with on-swap sigils, traits, and so on.

Sure, it's possible that Arenanet will decide that Dragon Trigger is a subset of gunsaber, and therefore that it shouldn't trigger these effects. There's precedent in deadeye rifle kneeling, for instance. But it's also possible that this particular interaction is intended.

My interpretation: 
"There is a single bug in that exiting DT via DS is triggering weapon swap, and therefore triggers swap traits and sigils."

Your interpretation:
"Triggering swap traits and sigils on exiting DT is intended."
"The bug is that it triggers weapon swap cooldown, meaning that they specifically allowed for exiting it to trigger traits and sigils on leaving but coincidentally also created a bug that triggers weapon swap cd"
"This also means that not triggering anything on entering DT is a bug. It should be triggering swap traits and sigils."

Occam's Razor? 

Regardless, what you posted has nothing to do with what I was replying to. We are on the same page, with just a disagreement on what was intended. I was replying to an absolutely nonsensical post that failed to interpret anything correctly. 

1 minute ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

My interpretation: 
"There is a single bug in that exiting DT via DS is triggering weapon swap, and therefore triggers swap traits and sigils."

Your interpretation:
"Triggering swap traits and sigils on exiting DT is intended."
"The bug is that it triggers weapon swap cooldown, meaning that they specifically allowed for exiting it to trigger traits and sigils on leaving but coincidentally also created a bug that triggers weapon swap cd"
"This also means that not triggering anything on entering DT is a bug. It should be triggering swap traits and sigils."

Occam's Razor? 

Regardless, what you posted has nothing to do with what I was replying to. We are on the same page, with just a disagreement on what was intended. I was replying to an absolutely nonsensical post that failed to interpret anything correctly. 

Occam's Razor would default to how all similar abilities and functions in the game function, which is to trigger on swap traits and sigils on going into and out of Dragon Trigger, but not triggering the weapon swap CD itself. This is the point you seem to keep missing mate.

You're the only one not getting it.

Warrior and Elementalist have both been in a...poor state for a long while now. Anet claims to be listening, and yet their "balance patches" have shown us the exact opposite. Both of these classes are in dire need of buffs and/or reworks. 

On the topic of Warrior though, it was my Go-To class for PvP when I just wanted to straight up brawl or HULK SMASH x3. Then came the infamous Feb 2020 Patch, which gutted Hammer, my favorite PvP weapon, and it feels like things have just been downhill from there, since. I've tried to enjoy Warrior in PvP, but it's just so "meh" to play now (I haven't played Spellbreaker enough to comment on that as far as PvP and WvW, but Zerker, and especially Core Warrior, both feel very "meh"). Especially with how completely busted and broken Scourge and Firebrand are atm.

Edit: I've actually been playing Scourge in PvP and the difference, in terms of risk/reward, is night and day (and that's putting it mildly.)

On a related note, I actually kinda like the idea of Bladesworn, but given the state of warrior of late, you'll forgive me if I have little faith in Anet's design choices. Well, here's to hoping Warrior gets the TLC it needs. I'd love to return to PvP with my Hammer again. 😈

Edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047