Suggestion for a solo Profession for my first 80

I know all professions can do all content - but what would you suggest for a solo profession for a new-ish player?

I've been playing for years but I am getting more serious. I'd like a class that can run open world solo with some ease. not to complex of a rotation, good survivability (I have no idea what I am doing so it has to be able to take a hit), solo PoF to unlock all mounts, and easily romp solo to unlock achievements, skins, account unlocks, etc.

What is a survivable profession that will let me run through open world without getting one shot?

Thanks for any advice on profession, elite spec, gear at 80, etc.

Soulbeast:
Longbow+ Axe/Dagger or Greatsword. 
Not the greatest damage but really hard to die on this build even with full zerker. 
For a more damage oriented but still easy to play build. 

Dragonhunter:
Can play this full zerker or marauder for more survivability, easy to learn and play.
Core Guardian version.

Renegade

Mace/Axe + Shortbow build with Dire stats.

Minion Reaper
Greatsword + Scepter/Dagger build with minions and Viper Gear. Should work with Carrion/Dire

There are many, many more options, some worse, some better, but these get the job done. 

Edit:
You can change the last trait (elite spec) for any of the base ones if you still need to level an elite spec. I'd recommend doing the hero points in Path of Fire as these can be soloed more easily.

If on EU you can PM me for more info. 
Metabattle.com is also helpful. Check the open world builds there. 

Edited by Sigerk.2897
  • Like 3

Personal preference but when it comes to solo survivability I try to build around some kind of sustain capability.

For example:
Warriors can get regular small heals from might if you take the Might Makes Right trait, so you can focus on making a build that gives you tons and tons of might regularly.
With the Spellbreaker spec equipped too Warriors can also get regular healing from their critical hits providing they have a Dagger in their offhand.

You can find stuff like this on other classes as well like Necromancer which has quite a lot of lifesteal, especially on minions if you have Blood Magic traits equipped.

You can try playing around with various stats, traits and weapons to find what really works for you.

Personally i'm a big fan of lifestealing minions, specially on Reaper which gives you access to the Rise! utility skill.
I even have a thief build that heals itself every time I spend initiative, land a critical hit and successfully evade an enemy attack.. it's tons of fun to play but prone to high punishment when player error occurs.

• Like 1

Personally not all profession can do all solo stuff easily.. If i were a new player with what i know now. I'd go only a few classes

Engineer scrapper flamethrower kit. Its super tanky and kills most stuff well.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Flamethrower_Scrapper

With marauder gear imo

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_LI_Flamethrower

Necromancer All classes are crazy overpowered when running world content.

Guardian

Revenant

These would be my top picks for all content.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 2

Easy to use (rotation) + 
good survivability + 
good damage + 
versatility (mobs + champs + bounty) + 
not expensive to equip + 
condi_cleans/reflecting_projectiles/stability (highly desirable capabilities with bosses fighting) in a single build =
Condi Mirage | Staff

Once again, I not say that it is the best build in general (say, Renegade will be more damaging prof), I say instead that from my point of view this is the simplest from strongest one.

The other two safe and strong options are Herald and Scourge, but I think they have a little bit more complex rotation and, the main - they have not reflecting_projectiles abilities.

Other options (say Renegade, or Firebrand, or ...) will be more complex and are more demanding on getting the best result.

Edited by taara.3217

power scrapper, condi or power renegade, condi scourge, power reaper, soulbeast, staff daredevil, p/p de, core necro, dragonhunter, berserker can all fit the bill for what you seem to want. Some are cheaper to setup due to only needing simple stats like staff DD, power scrapper, renegade/herald, reaper, soulbeast, dragonhunter and zerker. Sourge or other condi specs will usually cost more to have the best stat combo.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

for me is minion dps reaper.  king of open world.  you only need to press skill 1~5. + "Rise!" (skill) 

high dps, can deal with large number of mods.  lazy rotation. easy to learn.  

the only issue is a bit hard to avoid combat. 

Edited by JUN YANG.4328