Anonymous Poll for Ranked: SoloQ or DuoQ

Terrorsquad.2349

Ranked: Solo or Duo Q?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Anonymous vote: keep ranked as is with DuoQ or change it back like Solo Arena (SoloQ)?

• Solo Queue
    • Duo Queue

1 hour ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

You realize you are just pulling numbers out of your kitten here? You have absolutely ZERO basis for what you’re saying. 

I don't need to quote numbers from any source other than what I see in-game. It's called being aware of your surroundings and using common sense. It is a good thing for people to practice this so they are not fooled by propaganda,

1 hour ago, Morwath.9817 said:

You can que as 5 man. ATs are designed for that, and teams can't dodge each other.

To win monthly they simply have to play against other teams and win. I don't really get whats problem here?

Maybe in reality average 5 mans during 5 man+soloQ were just hoping to get matched against 5 soloQ players and stomp them without much effort?

You didn't read a single thing that I said. It's w/e all good my dude. Enjoy the placebo. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

this is useless, if we have an official poll ppl would get their alts to work in their favor like it has been done before

Exactly.

But the scary as hell thing about it is that most people aren't ware of their surroundings to notice that is happening and they will actually believe the numbers on such random public polls that are easily exploitable for the kind of reason you just mentioned. An then those same people will parade around using the numbers on that poll as a sword to fuel unaware ignorant points of view, creating a snowball effect of propaganda that cannot be stopped.

They will scream: "See! 75% of the community wants this!" as they are completely unaware that all the legit players who voted against it only voted with 1 account per person, whilst the people voting for some measure that allows them to cheat more easily are the cheaters who all have 10+ alt accounts to each individual who voted, who also used their alt accounts to vote as well. GG

It's terrifying that most places and things in the world work this way nowadays.

All because people find it comfortable to close their eyes and plug their ears.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

20 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Exactly.

But the scary as hell thing about it is that most people aren't ware of their surroundings to notice that is happening and they will actually believe the numbers on such random public polls that are easily exploitable for the kind of reason you just mentioned. An then those same people will parade around using the numbers on that poll as a sword to fuel unaware ignorant points of view, creating a snowball effect of propaganda that cannot be stopped.

They will scream: "See! 75% of the community wants this!" as they are completely unaware that all the legit players who voted against it only voted with 1 account per person, whilst the people voting for some measure that allows them to cheat more easily are the cheaters who all have 10+ alt accounts to each individual who voted, who also used their alt accounts to vote as well. GG

It's terrifying that most places and things in the world work this way nowadays.

TLDR: Everyone that agrees with you is legit, everyone that doesn't is exploiting alts reeee.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I don't need to quote numbers from any source other than what I see in-game. It's called being aware of your surroundings and using common sense. It is a good thing for people to practice this so they are not fooled by propaganda,

You didn't read a single thing that I said. It's w/e all good my dude. Enjoy the placebo. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

It is actually amazing that you say this. You are the perfect example of what you are describing. Videos come out about wintrading, a forum mob emerges and you hop right on that bandwagon. You go from ZERO posts about this topic (as far as I can tell briefly eyeing 8 pages through your post history all the way back to May, not going to waste my time going further than that) to nonstop posting and going on a forum crusade about it. This the most potent example of being influenced by propaganda that you can give. 

This is you:

No posts about wintrading ->Video comes out about wintrading -> you then claim 50% of matches Plat+ are wintraded. 

I feel if you believed 50% of your matches were decided before they ever started you would have quit PvP a long time ago as well as everyone who got wind of that. And I wonder why you NEVER made this claim before these videos emerged and it became the hot topic to talk about. I don't understand why someone as acutely aware of their surrounding as you needed to wait for these videos to be released to let us all know that 50% our matches are out of our control. That is an insanely bold claim.

This topic is the new "theres bots in all my games".

Everyone just wants an excuse as to why they aren't the rating they are. This is the new one. Are there bots? Yes. Are there wintraders? Yes. They aren't the reason for your rating. 

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

It is actually amazing that you say this. You are the perfect example of what you are describing. Videos come out about wintrading, a forum mob emerges and you hop right on that bandwagon. You go from ZERO posts about this topic (as far as I can tell briefly eyeing 8 pages through your post history all the way back to May, not going to waste my time going further than that) to nonstop posting and going on a forum crusade about it. This the most potent example of being influenced by propaganda that you can give. 

This is you:

No posts about wintrading ->Video comes out about wintrading -> you then claim 50% of matches Plat+ are wintraded. 

I feel if you believed 50% of your matches were decided before they ever started you would have quit PvP a long time ago as well as everyone who got wind of that. And I wonder why you NEVER made this claim before these videos emerged and it became the hot topic to talk about. I don't understand why someone as acutely aware of their surrounding as you needed to wait for these videos to be released to let us all know that 50% our matches are out of our control. That is an insanely bold claim.

This topic is the new "theres bots in all my games".

Everyone just wants an excuse as to why they aren't the rating they are. This is the new one. Are there bots? Yes. Are there wintraders? Yes. They aren't the reason for your rating. 

lolololol you must be new 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Why would you read anything in this thread and come to that conclusion?

No one said anything even remotely close to implying that.

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

They will scream: "See! 75% of the community wants this!" as they are completely unaware that all the legit players who voted against it only voted with 1 account per person[Implication that everyone with your opinion is "legit"], whilst the people voting for some measure that allows them to cheat more easily are the cheaters who all have 10+ alt accounts to each individual who voted, who also used their alt accounts to vote as well. GG [Dismissal that those against your opinion are using alts to rig votes]

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, Terrorsquad.2349 said:

Quite curious why SoloQ is getting so far ahead. Want to know what the thoughts or reasons are

I just have a bad experience with it

I'd actually have to keep track of this, but it feels once you reach gold 3 you are matched against plat duos (1600+) too often, and you are the best or second best player on your team, and your chances winning that match are really low.  But this is just how i feel, it could be wrong.

But i still feel it's wrong when the only 2 1700 ppl online are in the same team instead of fighting each other, they could still dodge each other but if they are 20% of their team instead of 40% i think the other team has better chances.

Wintrade is also easier with duo q, let's say the least  played class is warrior, so your duo and the third guy all q up as warrior, even if the other guy is fairly lower you'd still have good chances of being matched against him if you playing off hours.

I don't think duo q itself is a bad feature, but with population this low it just doesn't help, if we had more players, you could dodge  people and try to wintrade, but you wouldn't be able to dodge all players that could make you lose a game.

This is how i feel about duo right now.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I just have a bad experience with it

I'd actually have to keep track of this, but it feels once you reach gold 3 you are matched against plat duos (1600+) too often, and you are the best or second best player on your team, and your chances winning that match are really low.  But this is just how i feel, it could be wrong.

But i still feel it's wrong when the only 2 1700 ppl online are in the same team instead of fighting each other, they could still dodge each other but if they are 20% of their team instead of 40% i think the other team has better chances.

Wintrade is also easier with duo q, let's say the least  played class is warrior, so your duo and the third guy all q up as warrior, even if the other guy is fairly lower you'd still have good chances of being matched against him if you playing off hours.

I don't think duo q itself is a bad feature, but with population this low it just doesn't help, if we had more players, you could dodge  people and try to wintrade, but you wouldn't be able to dodge all players that could make you lose a game.

This is how i feel about duo right now.

Having the same issue myself. 
DuoQ doesn't fit a individual rewarding/rating system tbh.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2021 at 4:08 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

DuoQ-ing is an unfair advantage because not everyone can get it. Imagine if all 300-ish people q-ing at the time consolidate into 150 duoQ-s and noone is flying solo. There would be no matches.
Someone has to give up having a teammate, having better coordination and more synergies. Someone has to settle for lower overall winrate by queuing alone.

As long as duoQ exists ranked is not actually a competetive gamemode, it's a joke. I stopped caring about the top of the ladder when they reinstated duoQ in high ratings.

I agree with your points.

Im in a situation where I can't really duoq due to times I play but also the lack of contacts (either they're way below or way higher than me in rating) but meanwhile facing other premade duo's that clearly carry a game (Guard/Necro, Necro/Necro, Thief/Rev).
While they "would" have the same rating, the matchmaking does not comprehend human behavior (teamwork), duo synergy and external communications. 

If the leaderboard is single/individual rating based, duoq shouldn't even be an option, logical competitively speaking.

I remember having Team Arena and Solo Arena, which were great fun and was, I think, having the biggest pvp population ever.

Second issue, as mentioned somewhere by someone, is gold facing silver/plat players. This should never happen, ever. But that's a different discussion, of course..

5 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Its surprising because this is the only game and the only community who thinks like this.

I don't think so. Playing genre since 2000 and people usualy ain't happy to play soloQ vs premade in any game and usualy majority of players in such ques are soloQ players. Having soloQ, duoQ and full group in one Q wouldn't be an issue as long as there would be enough players of similar skill in que. In general its population problem rather than anything else. There aren't enough PvP players to let players anyhow affect matchmaking in ranked, if leaderboards are supposed to have any meaning.

In perfect world with many players in que, even two most skilled players queing together and on voice could face opposition that would be considered more likely to win than them by matchmaking.

Obviously there is other choice. If players are duoing, they should be getting other than their own rating, for example player A+B que together, so they don't earn individual MMR but group MMR. It could lead to situation where A+B would have 70-10 together, but individualy they would perform worse so it could make situation on leaderboard like:

1. A+B

2. X

3. XX

4. XXX

(...)

19. A

(...)

26. B

(...)

30. A+C

Meanwhile titles would be reserved for top individual scores. Maybe separate for duos. I think its pretty elegant solution. However I think removing duoQ from ranked and allowing duoQ deathmatchQ would be better.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Maybe because this is the only game the feature became so abusable that ppl feel harassed by it

Wait you think some how having 5man queues in this game vs other game is more abusable then other games? I actually am unaware of how or why could you fill me in?

45 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I don't think so. Playing genre since 2000 and people usualy ain't happy to play soloQ vs premade in any game and usualy majority of players in such ques are soloQ players. Having soloQ, duoQ and full group in one Q wouldn't be an issue as long as there would be enough players of similar skill in que. In general its population problem rather than anything else. There aren't enough PvP players to let players anyhow affect matchmaking in ranked, if leaderboards are supposed to have any meaning.

In perfect world with many players in que, even two most skilled players queing together and on voice could face opposition that would be considered more likely to win than them by matchmaking.

Obviously there is other choice. If players are duoing, they should be getting other than their own rating, for example player A+B que together, so they don't earn individual MMR but group MMR. It could lead to situation where A+B would have 70-10 together, but individualy they would perform worse so it could make situation on leaderboard like:

1. A+B

2. X

3. XX

4. XXX

(...)

19. A

(...)

26. B

(...)

30. A+C

Meanwhile titles would be reserved for top individual scores. Maybe separate for duos. I think it pretty elegant solution.

In my experience and i have been playing for as long as you have soloQ players never ever thought the game would be made better if 5 4 3 or 2 any mans were removed its like they all understood that if you wanted to get to the top of the game you would have to find a consistent team and get good. Most of those SoloQ player had no illusions of suddenly being able beat 5mans this game is alone with how much the community is willing to cut content to avoid to lose. Its so weird they say soloQ loses to 5man as tho thats not supposed to be the natural order of things.

Edited by Genesis.5169

2 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Wait you think some how having 5man queues in this game vs other game is more abusable then other games? I actually am unaware of how or why could you fill me in?

Post is about duo q not 5 man, tell me how you can abuse 5 man in a game like LoL, it's not like you could dodge all other 5 man that could beat yours, on the other hand gw2, as a p1 team you'd prolly have to dodge like 2 teams to farm worse teams 24/7 it'd be pretty much a worse version of ppl are doing with duo q. I guess top teams would have to be constantly offline status to actually get in a match

42 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

I 100% get you i'm talking about the willingness to strip queue's in the first place to avoid losing.

If i wanted easy games i'd be raging at everyone talking about removing duo q, cuz  i'd be duo qing only dodging few ppl that  could actually mess up with my games to farm free mmr (which is the reason most of ppl wanted duo q removed, because you know, if you are  20% of your team instead of 40% matches are way harder to carry, so the ppl defending duo q are the ones that want to keep their ez mmr going)

• Like 1

Honestly just have ranked solo, there's enough automates tourney's for teams to play together and there's always unranked for duos and teams to practice together in. That or just make a rankes mode for duo+ and a mode for solo, surenid lessen the players I each mode due to separation but over time maybe this games pvp with some more frequent balance passes may have a chance at rising up a bit instead of being on a constant downward spiral.