New player, just started my adventure in GW2

Splat.7981

Hello everyone.

I was looking for a new MMORPG to play after getting burn out of another game so i wanted to look at something fresh.

A friend of mine recommended me GW2 so i went and bought the 3 expansion pack right out of the gate, i just started playing and so far i like what i see and i'm enjoying it.

I have a few questions if i may and i hope someone could give me some light about these doubts i have.

Is there some stash or a bigger place where we can store stuff besides our inventory?

I noticed as well that the level cap is 80 currently, if i'm not mistaken, do the devs intend to increase the cap or is it going to remain at 80?

About the game mounts, are they all obtainable in the game by playing, fulfilling achievements or they are also obtainable in the store?

I guess that in what concerns end game content we are talking about dungeons, raids, i don't know if there is anything besides this? About the dungeons and raids, does the game help you to know where the locations are and at what level you can go there?

So far this are the questions i have, it's an MMORPG but i feel like i'm learning from scratch again. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

welcome to gw2 

Is there some stash or a bigger place where we can store stuff besides our inventory?

( yes, you can store your item in bank, try to find a banker in the main city, in your inventory when you start the game you carry a 20 slot backpack, can expand your space by buying slot bag,  slot bag can be find in trading post. 10 slot bag is cheap for new players )

I noticed as well that the level cap is 80 currently, if i'm not mistaken, do the devs intend to increase the cap or is it going to remain at 80?

( 80 is the maximum level )

About the game mounts, are they all obtainable in the game by playing, fulfilling achievements or they are also obtainable in the store?

( all mount need to be obtain by game play. fulfilling achievements. none of them is from trading post / store. those are skin ONLY)

you can get the first mount by finished the first mission of  POF. ( however i believe you need to be lvl 80 do start that mission, but not 100% sure) but better get it before you entre any other expansion map. 

dungeon and Raid is a bit hard core for new players. you can join a 5 man group after you reach lvl 35+ to run Ascalonian Catacombs (AC). thats the most easy to find group dungeon. ( dungeon in this game is past tense, you wont find many players)

Raid is hard core dungeon, its quite strict, its the hardest game play in gw2. it require lvl 80 with decent output. 10 players all come with a role. cant mark it around. if you join a random group when they find out you are not qualified. they will kick you straight away. 

a part from that it have Map Meta event, world boss constantly in difference map, and fractals is mini dungeon . 

also gw2 had 3 totally separate play style. PVE, WVW and PVP.  just try to stick around with PVE to know more about ur class before you entre wvw and pvp

the end game for gw2 is legendary item. it need spent lots and lots for time the resource to get it done

anything you are not sure go to check out from:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

• Thanks 1

There is a bank in every major city, in wvwvw a tower icon top right corner or spvp a crossed sword icon top right corner aswell, they all have a bag over their heads and show up on the map.

All mounts are earned in game what you can buy in store are different skins for them.

level 80 have been maxe for 9 years so no indication that they will raise it, you gain mastery side grades in the expansion instead.

Dungeons you get a mail when each story opens up the first one is ascalon catacombs at level 30 and raids are max level content.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1

Also as new players its very important you pick a right profession to start with.

nerco, guard, warrior, ranger is easy to use and learn

thief, revenant, mesmer is bit harder

ele and engineers is the hardest to learn and get use to. lots of button press.

also thief , mesmer and engineers is really hard to level up. i suggest you use lvl 80 boost on these class. 

Edited by JUN YANG.4328
  • Confused 4

Welcome to Tyria! I hope you enjoy your time here. 🙂

1) You can store things in your bank. Every major city (and Lion's Arch) has a bank (also called account vault), though you can deposit crafting materials directly from your inventory into the bank so they don't take up space. You can also buy bank expansion slots if necessary, though those take a bit of gold to acquire - so, if you need them, consider it a goal to work towards. It shouldn't be necessary if you're just starting out, though. I've been playing for three and a half years, have several characters, and have never bought a bank expansion tab, but I'm also a pretty casual player.

2) As far as we know, the level cap will remain at 80. It's been that way since launch. A system called "masteries" is how max-level characters continue to improve - it focuses on things like improving gliding and mounts, abilities specifically related to Living World stories, and various gameplay-related benefits (like auto-loot or reviving allies faster).

3) All mounts are available via gameplay and achievements The only things mount-related in the gemstore are cosmetic skins - they don't affect how the mount works at all. You can get mounts in Path of Fire (or End of Dragons when it launches, apparently).

4) Raids are all accessible at level 80. Dungeons are unlocked as you level up. While dungeons are meant to be experienced alongside the personal story, you can jump into them with no context as soon as you unlock them. There is a story mode that you need to complete first before that character is able to unlock the explorable mode (in which you can choose between three different paths in the same dungeon area - overall, the mode is harder than the story mode, and requires much more coordination between party members).

4.5) Dungeons have, sadly, been somewhat neglected since launch. What we have now, also at level 80 alongside raids, are called Fractals. They're basically "dungeons" - five-man group content - but implemented differently, with many more mechanics and difficulties than leveling dungeons.

(And as a bit of advice? Take your time. 🙂 There's no rush to level 80. Feel free to learn and explore purely at your own pace, and enjoy the journey to max level.)

Edited by Batel.9206
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

Welcome to Tyria! I hope you enjoy your time here. 🙂

1) You can store things in your bank. Every major city (and Lion's Arch) has a bank (also called account vault), though you can deposit crafting materials directly from your inventory into the bank so they don't take up space. You can also buy bank expansion slots if necessary, though those take a bit of gold to acquire - so, if you need them, consider it a goal to work towards. It shouldn't be necessary if you're just starting out, though. I've been playing for three and a half years, have several characters, and have never bought a bank expansion tab, but I'm also a pretty casual player.

2) As far as we know, the level cap will remain at 80. It's been that way since launch. A system called "masteries" is how max-level characters continue to improve - it focuses on things like improving gliding and mounts, abilities specifically related to Living World stories, and various gameplay-related benefits (like auto-loot or reviving allies faster).

3) All mounts are available via gameplay and achievements The only things mount-related in the gemstore are cosmetic skins - they don't affect how the mount works at all. You can get mounts in Path of Fire (or End of Dragons when it launches, apparently).

4) Raids are all accessible at level 80. Dungeons are unlocked as you level up. While dungeons are meant to be experienced alongside the personal story, you can jump into them with no context as soon as you unlock them. There is a story mode that you need to complete first before that character is able to unlock the explorable mode (in which you can choose between three different paths in the same dungeon area - overall, the mode is harder than the story mode, and requires much more coordination between party members).

4.5) Dungeons have, sadly, been somewhat neglected since launch. What we have now, also at level 80 alongside raids, are called Fractals. They're basically "dungeons" - five-man group content - but implemented differently, with many more mechanics and difficulties than leveling dungeons.

(And as a bit of advice? Take your time. 🙂 There's no rush to level 80. Feel free to learn and explore purely at your own pace, and enjoy the journey to max level.)

Hello and thank you Batel and everyone for the welcome to GW2 and your feedback.

So the dungeons, nobody does them? Are there ways to group with other players or to find a group for the dungeons?

About the game itself what do you guys think of it? I was watching a friend of mine playing it and even on the starter zone i could see many players running around and doing quests and so on. It seemed very much alive for a game released in 2012 :classic_smile:

Concerning rushing well i'm not the best at that to be honest, i like to take my time and enjoy the ride.

If anyone could help me with this, what is the end game for GW2?

Also is there any website i could use for builds etc?

Hello and thank you Batel and everyone for the welcome to GW2 and your feedback.

So the dungeons, nobody does them? Are there ways to group with other players or to find a group for the dungeons?

About the game itself what do you guys think of it? I was watching a friend of mine playing it and even on the starter zone i could see many players running around and doing quests and so on. It seemed very much alive for a game released in 2012 

Concerning rushing well i'm not the best at that to be honest, i like to take my time and enjoy the ride.

If anyone could help me with this, what is the end game for GW2?

Also is there any website i could use for builds etc?

There are people who play dungeons, they're just not popular as an 'end game' farming area so you won't find as many groups and they're more likely to be newer and less experienced players. Raids are more popular I think but need more coordination so the best way to do them is to find a guild with a regular raiding group to join.

But since what you actually asked about is end game content what you need to know is GW2 is a bit different in that respect.

Firstly what in other games might just be called dungeons and/or raids is split into 4. The two you're missing are strike missions and the Fractals of the Mists.

• Strike Missions are mini raids - each one is one boss fight designed for experienced level 80 players.
  • Fractals are like short dungeons and they have their own progression system. The Fractals themselves have levels and get harder as you go up, not just increasing the health and damage of the enemy but adding new mechanics, some of which you just have to learn to counter and some you can negate with ascended (top tier) equipment with agony infusions slotted. Fortunately Fractals are one of the best sources of ascended equipment and I think the only source of agony infusions so if you want to progress through them you'll get everything you need as you're going along. I think the majority of people who in other games would be running dungeons constantly are instead doing Fractals.

Secondly and maybe more importantly in GW2 a lot of the end-game content happens in over world maps. Not just stuff for casual players who would rather quest solo and accept that they'll miss out on a lot but content designed for large coordinated groups of level 80 players in good equipment which continues the main storyline and includes most of the major boss fights and places to get good rewards.

You may have already come across Dynamic Events - 'quests' with orange text and markers which start and progress regardless of whether you (or anyone else) is joining in but usually succeed or fail based on player involvement. You might have also noticed that some of them chain together, with the end of one event triggering the start of another. As you go through the game they scale up and in level 80 maps (particularly the expansion maps) you'll find events and meta-event chains which span the whole map and need lots of coordinated players working together to complete them. They're also some of the best sources of gold (in the form of items you can sell), good equipment and other useful rewards which make them popular for farming too.

To find groups for all these things, and everything else in the game, you'll need to use the Looking For Group tool. It's in the contacts menu and has sections for all the different content types because unlike in some games it's not just for instances. GW2 uses a 'mega server' system which means there's as many copies of a map as necessary to fit all the players who want to go there. That means you'll never have to queue to get into the game or a map, but it also means you won't see everyone else who is there, only the people in your copy of the map. To get groups together for big events you'll need to find one (or start one) in the LFG tool and then right-click the commander or someone else in the right map and choose 'join in [map name]' to get into their copy.

Oh, that's the other thing: the LFG tool is for advertising and choosing groups. It won't place you into a queue and then dump you into a group the computer has chosen, it shows all the available groups so you can choose the one you want to join, but then you have to get to the right map yourself. If you don't see a group for what you want to do you can always start one and wait for other people to join you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

There are people who play dungeons, they're just not popular as an 'end game' farming area so you won't find as many groups and they're more likely to be newer and less experienced players. Raids are more popular I think but need more coordination so the best way to do them is to find a guild with a regular raiding group to join.

But since what you actually asked about is end game content what you need to know is GW2 is a bit different in that respect.

Firstly what in other games might just be called dungeons and/or raids is split into 4. The two you're missing are strike missions and the Fractals of the Mists.

• Strike Missions are mini raids - each one is one boss fight designed for experienced level 80 players.
  • Fractals are like short dungeons and they have their own progression system. The Fractals themselves have levels and get harder as you go up, not just increasing the health and damage of the enemy but adding new mechanics, some of which you just have to learn to counter and some you can negate with ascended (top tier) equipment with agony infusions slotted. Fortunately Fractals are one of the best sources of ascended equipment and I think the only source of agony infusions so if you want to progress through them you'll get everything you need as you're going along. I think the majority of people who in other games would be running dungeons constantly are instead doing Fractals.

Secondly and maybe more importantly in GW2 a lot of the end-game content happens in over world maps. Not just stuff for casual players who would rather quest solo and accept that they'll miss out on a lot but content designed for large coordinated groups of level 80 players in good equipment which continues the main storyline and includes most of the major boss fights and places to get good rewards.

You may have already come across Dynamic Events - 'quests' with orange text and markers which start and progress regardless of whether you (or anyone else) is joining in but usually succeed or fail based on player involvement. You might have also noticed that some of them chain together, with the end of one event triggering the start of another. As you go through the game they scale up and in level 80 maps (particularly the expansion maps) you'll find events and meta-event chains which span the whole map and need lots of coordinated players working together to complete them. They're also some of the best sources of gold (in the form of items you can sell), good equipment and other useful rewards which make them popular for farming too.

To find groups for all these things, and everything else in the game, you'll need to use the Looking For Group tool. It's in the contacts menu and has sections for all the different content types because unlike in some games it's not just for instances. GW2 uses a 'mega server' system which means there's as many copies of a map as necessary to fit all the players who want to go there. That means you'll never have to queue to get into the game or a map, but it also means you won't see everyone else who is there, only the people in your copy of the map. To get groups together for big events you'll need to find one (or start one) in the LFG tool and then right-click the commander or someone else in the right map and choose 'join in [map name]' to get into their copy.

Oh, that's the other thing: the LFG tool is for advertising and choosing groups. It won't place you into a queue and then dump you into a group the computer has chosen, it shows all the available groups so you can choose the one you want to join, but then you have to get to the right map yourself. If you don't see a group for what you want to do you can always start one and wait for other people to join you.

Thank you so much for this information @Danikat.8537 

I also have a friend that started playing but he's from a different race, he is a Sylvari and i am a Norn, is there any point where we can group up to level up together?

17 minutes ago, Splat.7981 said:

Thank you so much for this information @Danikat.8537 

I also have a friend that started playing but he's from a different race, he is a Sylvari and i am a Norn, is there any point where we can group up to level up together?

You can join your friend (or he/she can join you) in his/her or your map.  There are Waypoints in each starter zone map.  You can even join each other's Personal Story and advance it, if you so desire.

Here are some resources that may prove enlightening:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/new-player-guide

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extended_Online_Manual

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_basics

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can join your friend (or he/she can join you) in his/her or your map.  There are Waypoints in each starter zone map.  You can even join each other's Personal Story and advance it, if you so desire.

Here are some resources that may prove enlightening:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/new-player-guide

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extended_Online_Manual

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_basics

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck!

Greetings and thank you for the feedback and the welcome.

So for example if my friend is a Sylvari and I am a Norn how can i join him or go on his zone to level up? 

38 minutes ago, Splat.7981 said:

Greetings and thank you for the feedback and the welcome.

So for example if my friend is a Sylvari and I am a Norn how can i join him or go on his zone to level up? 

As Inculpatus cedo.9234 mentioned, every newly created character gets the first waypoint of every races starter area.

Asura: Soren Draa Waypoint — [&BEAAAAA=]
Charr: Smokestead Waypoint — [&BIABAAA=]
Human: Shaemoor Waypoint — [&BO8AAAA=]
Norn: Horncall Waypoint — [&BHQBAAA=]
Sylvari: Astorea Waypoint — [&BDQBAAA=]

You can copy the links like => [&BDQBAAA=] <= this to the chat, hit enter and click on it. It will direct you to the map to the respective starter waypoint of that zone.

• Like 2

If you are asking about bankspace...well you can buy more bankspace from the gemstore. Your characters can buy extra bagslots. You could get some help from people to get a private guild that will allow you to get more bankspace, although you can only store items in the guild bank that is not accountbound. Mounts you don't buy, you earn them through story/missions. Skins is what you can buy for them. If you don't have the patience, most things you can get from gemstore with real money. If you do have the patience, anything in the gemstore you can get for free by grinding for gold ingame and concerting that to gold. So the only time you really need to spend money is, when you want the full game and expansions without the limitations. Play the game, don't rush the game. So don't feel the need to rush so you can do all the content now. The game is 9 years old...

1 hour ago, Splat.7981 said:

Hello and again thank you everyone you all have been very helpful. 

I was also wondering why i can't sell blue or green items in the Trading Post?

I posted an image i hope you can see it from the message i get when trying to sell items, i have bought the expansions as well.

https://imgur.com/ISWoeGW

Did you validate your email?

And if you did, this will become open in time, this is to prevent bots flooding the trading post with free accounts. It's best to set up 2 step authentication, more secure, validates your email, and you get a cool mini pet that follows you around (if they still give those out).

14 hours ago, Splat.7981 said:

Hello everyone.

I was looking for a new MMORPG to play after getting burn out of another game so i wanted to look at something fresh.

A friend of mine recommended me GW2 so i went and bought the 3 expansion pack right out of the gate, i just started playing and so far i like what i see and i'm enjoying it.

Nice! Welcome to Guild Wars 2!

I have a few questions if i may and i hope someone could give me some light about these doubts i have.

Is there some stash or a bigger place where we can store stuff besides our inventory?

Yes, bigger bags and a bank. There's also gem store bag slot expansion that's per character, and bank expansions that's per account. There's also material storage. That's where your material items go when you press the "deposit materials" button in the inventory. It holds 250 of every item, and you can i think expand that up to 2000 of every item.

Lvl 80 is the cap and will forever be that. But after level 80 you still "level up" because after lvl 80 you are leveling your account with masteries, and there's masteries for each zone to do and it will take you quite a while to do them all, so the content won't run out, don't worry. There's still progression to be made.

They are part of the story, so, in game only. You can only buy mount skins on the gem store, but if you don't own the mount you can't apply the skin until you get it.

I guess that in what concerns end game content we are talking about dungeons, raids, i don't know if there is anything besides this? About the dungeons and raids, does the game help you to know where the locations are and at what level you can go there?

Dungeons are the only instanced content that's level dependant, and it tells you what level when you want to go in. The rest of the content is all endgame lvl 80 content so the game doesn't need to let you know. There are some locations on the map that will point you in the direction of a certain raid, strike mission, or like dragon response missions, will be part of the story, so yes, the game will introduce the concepts, but it's up to you if you want to do them or not.

So far this are the questions i have, it's an MMORPG but i feel like i'm learning from scratch again. :classic_smile:

This is a helpful community, so if you have questions, you can always post or ask people in game. 🙂 

Edited by Veprovina.4876

It says, "Newly unlocked accounts require validation. This feature will unlock in four days." All that means is that you can use the Trading Post after your account has been around for that amount of time. What this does is prevent gold sellers and spammers from mass-creating new, throwaway accounts and tanking the economy. It's a bit annoying for genuine new accounts, but it's only temporary: you've got four days to wait.

As far as a website for endgame builds,  you could check out Metabattle.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Splat.7981 said:

Hello and again thank you everyone you all have been very helpful. 

I was also wondering why i can't sell blue or green items in the Trading Post?

I posted an image i hope you can see it from the message i get when trying to sell items, i have bought the expansions as well.

https://imgur.com/ISWoeGW

Just for your information. Trading Post is use for trade it player with player,  usually blue and green gear is not value in TP.  so its better salvage it.  and dont spend any gold to purchase any gear before you reach lvl80. if you got rare gear drop use it. if you got exotic gear drop sell it on TP.

BTW warrior is a good choice to start with.  also its better use longbow as your second weapon when you leveling.  (one melee one range) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

Just for your information. Trading Post is use for trade it player with player,  usually blue and green gear is not value in TP.  so its better salvage it.  and dont spend any gold to purchase any gear before you reach lvl80. if you got rare gear drop use it. if you got exotic gear drop sell it on TP.

BTW warrior is a good choice to start with.  also its better use longbow as your second weapon when you leveling.  (one melee one range) 

Hello again.

Why i should sell exotic gear on TP?

17 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Did you validate your email?

And if you did, this will become open in time, this is to prevent bots flooding the trading post with free accounts. It's best to set up 2 step authentication, more secure, validates your email, and you get a cool mini pet that follows you around (if they still give those out).

Nice! Welcome to Guild Wars 2!

Yes, bigger bags and a bank. There's also gem store bag slot expansion that's per character, and bank expansions that's per account. There's also material storage. That's where your material items go when you press the "deposit materials" button in the inventory. It holds 250 of every item, and you can i think expand that up to 2000 of every item.

Lvl 80 is the cap and will forever be that. But after level 80 you still "level up" because after lvl 80 you are leveling your account with masteries, and there's masteries for each zone to do and it will take you quite a while to do them all, so the content won't run out, don't worry. There's still progression to be made.

They are part of the story, so, in game only. You can only buy mount skins on the gem store, but if you don't own the mount you can't apply the skin until you get it.

Dungeons are the only instanced content that's level dependant, and it tells you what level when you want to go in. The rest of the content is all endgame lvl 80 content so the game doesn't need to let you know. There are some locations on the map that will point you in the direction of a certain raid, strike mission, or like dragon response missions, will be part of the story, so yes, the game will introduce the concepts, but it's up to you if you want to do them or not.

This is a helpful community, so if you have questions, you can always post or ask people in game. 🙂 

Hello thank you for the welcome to the community. Regarding the picture i posted with the trading post restriction, when i created my account i followed all the steps, i validated my email i also secured my account with the 2 step authentication (i got a nice pet).

I guess that, as some other people told me, that 4 day period is jut a normal thing and to avoid bots or people spamming at the Trading Post.

I was also wondering because i did some research about the game, many things seem go around dragons in GW2, i saw just one video to avoid many spoilers, people fighting a huge dragon, are there more of those or other big/powerful bosses and can players still gather to try and defeat them?

I was also wondering about gathering professions, how many can 1 character take at once and should i start grinding those gathering professions as soon as possible?

I also noticed that there are episodes/seasons of the story only playable at level 80? I saw those in the journal screen.

Finally, and i really apologize for all these questions, i wonder how the devs are? I mean do they really interact with the community, do they care for the game?

I remember a friend of mine had the game since release and he told me that back in the day the game didn't had expansions or things like mounts and all these years down the road that has changed, i wonder how those changes and more were taken by the community?

8 minutes ago, Splat.7981 said:

Hello again.

Why i should sell exotic gear on TP?

I assume they meant sell exotic gear you don't need, and the reason would be that it's often worth more than the materials you get by salvaging it, which is usually not the case for lower tiers.

Exotic is the 2nd best tier of equipment in the game and the one most content is balanced for (ascended/legendary is the top tier, but only required for high level Fractals and recommended for raids) so at first you'll probably want to keep and use it. Although it's important to make sure you're using pieces with attributes which are useful to you, lower tier/level equipment with appropriate attributes for your build would actually be more useful than higher tier/level stuff with attributes you don't need.

But over time you'll get far more equipment than you need, even for exotics and a simple way to get rid of it while getting good prices is to salvage all white, blue, green and yellow (rare) gear and sell exotics on the Trading Post. Then either sell the materials from the lower tiers on the TP or refine them and then sell them on the TP. (Selling to NPC merchants is a last resort, the TP is set up so you'll always get a better price there and it's very quick and easy to use so there's no need to sell to merchants unless there's no demand or the item is account bound and can't be sold to other players.)

There are exceptions however. Sometimes it's better to salvage exotics, for example if you want to unlock the skin you'll need to bind it to your account and then you can't sell it, but may not want the actual item so salvaging it is a way to get rid of it and get some materials you can use or sell. Or the upgrade attached to it might be worth more than the whole item (but to get it out you need the right salvage kit). There's also a material - Dark Matter - used to craft ascended equipment which only comes from salvaging exotics.

Likewise there's sometimes lower tier items which are worth more than the materials you'll get from them. But the difference is usually minor and it can be complicated to work out the best use for every item, which is why most players like to keep it simple.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello thank you for the welcome to the community. Regarding the picture i posted with the trading post restriction, when i created my account i followed all the steps, i validated my email i also secured my account with the 2 step authentication (i got a nice pet).

I guess that, as some other people told me, that 4 day period is jut a normal thing and to avoid bots or people spamming at the Trading Post.

Yes, you'll just have to wait a bit before you can use the trading post. But if you're leveling normally, it shouldn't really bother you, there's not much you can sell or buy that won't be obsolete in a day when you're leveling. Use whatever equipment you find and get from story rewards in the meantime.

I was also wondering because i did some research about the game, many things seem go around dragons in GW2, i saw just one video to avoid many spoilers, people fighting a huge dragon, are there more of those or other big/powerful bosses and can players still gather to try and defeat them?

There's a LOT of those. 🙂  Not just dragons, there's other monsters too. They happen on a set schedule, you can look it up by typing

/wiki et

in the game chat, it'll take you to this webpage: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

Chances are, that if you're leveling in one zone where those happen, that you'll stumble upon those events eventually. If you see commander or mentor icons on the map, go to them, they're usually there for big events.
A lot of people always do those events, so you'll always find someone to do them with if you want.

I was also wondering about gathering professions, how many can 1 character take at once and should i start grinding those gathering professions as soon as possible?

There are no gathering professions. Only crafting professions.

Every character can gather every node in game, and nodes spawn only for you, meaning, other players can't take them from you, they also have their version of the node.

So you can gather everything you want as long as you have the appropriate tools, but you can only have 2 crafting professions active on one character at one time. 

You can expand that to 4 using a gem store item.

Or you can switch crafting professions by going to a master crafter and changing your active one with some currency (i forgot how much it costs). You won't lose your crafting levels by doing that, and if you go back to the changed one, you can continue where you left off. 

Since this game heavily encourages multiple characters, people usually then make more and have 2 crafting professions on each character. 
Like, my Mesmer has Artificing and Tailoring, my Warrior has Weaponsmith and Armorsmith, my Revenant is a Jeweler and a Chef, and my Engineer has Huntsman and Leatherworker. 
Then if i need any of those disciplines, i just log into that character, make my stuff and put it in the material storage or bank. 🙂

I also noticed that there are episodes/seasons of the story only playable at level 80? I saw those in the journal screen.

Everything except the core "my story" is only 80 plus because it's much more difficult content than core. Expansions will take you to some really hostile places. 😉 Be sure to work on your lvl 80 exotic gear with the correct stats or it'll be hard.

But don't worry, when you finish the first story, you'll be level 80, and you can then continue to do all the rest. 

Finally, and i really apologize for all these questions, i wonder how the devs are? I mean do they really interact with the community, do they care for the game?

Don't apologize for the questions, that's what the forums are for! 🙂

The devs care a LOT about the game, there's always updates, expansion now, engine changes will come etc.

But they're not the best at communicating with the community. It's rare to see a dev or moderator post on the forums, and the communication boils down to patch notes, some twitter and facebook posts that they almost never reply on, and a locked thread here and there when needed.

I did see them in game a few times, they have that Anet icon beside the name, but that's also rare.

I remember a friend of mine had the game since release and he told me that back in the day the game didn't had expansions or things like mounts and all these years down the road that has changed, i wonder how those changes and more were taken by the community?

Mostly positive. No one can argue that the game at launch when there was only core was extremely different from what it is today, but i think it's for the better. There's just so much quality of life improvements that people take for granted now that didn't exist then, and people that were initially against mounts grew to love them because of how Anet made them. They're still considered the best mount system in any game. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

There are no gathering professions. Only crafting professions.

Every character can gather every node in game, and nodes spawn only for you, meaning, other players can't take them from you, they also have their version of the node.

So you can gather everything you want as long as you have the appropriate tools, but you can only have 2 crafting professions active on one character at one time. 

You can expand that to 4 using a gem store item.

Or you can switch crafting professions by going to a master crafter and changing your active one with some currency (i forgot how much it costs). You won't lose your crafting levels by doing that, and if you go back to the changed one, you can continue where you left off. 

Since this game heavily encourages multiple characters, people usually then make more and have 2 crafting professions on each character. 
Like, my Mesmer has Artificing and Tailoring, my Warrior has Weaponsmith and Armorsmith, my Revenant is a Jeweler and a Chef, and my Engineer has Huntsman and Leatherworker. 
Then if i need any of those disciplines, i just log into that character, make my stuff and put it in the material storage or bank. 🙂

Hello again Veprovina.

About the crafting professions are there some that are considered good for like the results of the crafting that you can obtain from those and even the gold that you could make from selling at the TP?

19 minutes ago, Splat.7981 said:

Hello again Veprovina.

About the crafting professions are there some that are considered good for like the results of the crafting that you can obtain from those and even the gold that you could make from selling at the TP?

They're all good. Just depends on what you need. If you have medium armor, get leatherworking, if you use swords, get weaponsmithing etc., then worry about the rest. All of them can make the same level and quality items, except jeweler which only goes to lvl 400, while others go to 500. So the least useful is Jeweler, since you can buy ascended trinkets from season 3 maps for map currency (for basically free), and jewelers can't make ascended items.

But chances are, you'll end up needing most if not all of the professions if you end up making a legendary, so for now, just go with the ones that can make what your cahraacter uses.

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

They're all good. Just depends on what you need. If you have medium armor, get leatherworking, if you use swords, get weaponsmithing etc., then worry about the rest. All of them can make the same level and quality items, except jeweler which only goes to lvl 400, while others go to 500. So the least useful is Jeweler, since you can buy ascended trinkets from season 3 maps for map currency (for basically free), and jewelers can't make ascended items.

But chances are, you'll end up needing most if not all of the professions if you end up making a legendary, so for now, just go with the ones that can make what your cahraacter uses.

Wait...we can craft legendary items in GW2? That's the best tear or can we craft beyond that?