The Untamed - new ranger elite spec

Jijimuge.4675

On 10/23/2021 at 10:02 AM, Krispera.5087 said:

I don't get why we would get reduced damage with Vow of the Untamed, just so unnecessary. It's too high penalty for the player and too low buff for the pet.

This is still baffling to me and I really hope they remove the penalty or give the pet a massive damage % buff when in hulk mode in PvE or there will little to no reason to ever move the "unleashed" buff to the pet and it will just be another "perma-beast mode" situation all over again

You're already essentially going to need to be in unleashed mode as much as possible to meet the same damage as soul beast

It won't even be worth popping your pet into unleashed just for the skills and then back out as the mode has a 10s cooldown

10s where you deal 15% less damage for a moderate dps burst on your pet. Something not even remotely worth it when performance matters just as is the case when running a power soulbeast

Edited by Substance E.4852
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Substance E.4852 said:

This is still baffling to me and I really hope they remove the penalty or give the pet a massive damage % buff when in hulk mode in PvE or there will little to no reason to ever move the "unleashed" buff to the pet and it will just be another "perma-beast mode" situation all over again

You're already essentially going to need to be in unleashed mode as much as possible to meet the same damage as soul beast

It won't even be worth popping your pet into unleashed just for the skills and then back out as the mode has a 10s cooldown

10s where you deal 15% less damage for a moderate dps burst on your pet. Something not even remotely worth it when performance matters just as is the case when running a power soulbeast

Yeah that, not exactly sure why they figured us going from SB buffing our damage stats and making us better fighters in every way, to a 15% less damage buff including missing out on various other buffs. Its a very large dps nerf, and we rely on a pet that most of the time won't even be able to hit its target in pvp unless for some reason you up against a bad pvp player that doesn't know how to move, doesn't use stun breaks and cleanses... 

In which case literally any build could beat them. 

Oh gee wow we get a single shadowstep on the pet that has a long cd. The problem is if the pet was actually good, the class would be broken. I mean I know a long time ago cats used to be able to solo people from stealth, if that returned I'd be amazed, it'd be fun just to see people complain about Ranger pets again 😛 

• Like 1