All 5 signets should be on a weapon swap like the gunblade on bladesworn

Artyport.2084

The engineer should always have access to all the abilities the signet gives. 

So like the gunblade on you would swap to it but instead on weapon swap. 

maybe the weapon could be a remote control or like holographic Asura tech 

then give them a new skill type. 
maybe augments

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Artyport.2084 said:

The engineer should always have access to all the abilities the signet gives. 

So like the gunblade on you would swap to it but instead on weapon swap. 

then give them a new skill type. 
maybe augments

What are you talking about? When does the engineer NOT have access to the signet abilities except when it's on CD? It even has an traits for the passive to work when it's on CD. 

When you say swap to 'it' what are you swapping between? Somehow you transitioned to talking about some weapon? 

You got some cleanup to do here. Does anyone understand this?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

What are you talking about? When does the engineer NOT have access to the signet abilities except when it's on CD? It even has an traits for the passive to work when it's on CD. 

When you say swap to 'it' what are you swapping between? Somehow you transitioned to talking about some weapon? 

You got some cleanup to do here. Does anyone understand this?

He wants to press "Fx" key and then his weapon bar would change to 5 signets actives. Then anet makes a new utility skill set for him. Basically nonsense.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

....what?

Y’all are acting so pretentious.

With the mechanist it personally feels like having the signets is the only way to fully enjoy the class. 

on top of that I feel like as the player you have very little to do.

so I figure it would be cooler to have a control panel for the mech in the weapon swap that gives you access to the skills that the signets grant you.

yes they would have to make new utilities but it would give the player the feeling of more control over the mech without being tied to always using the signets.

but anyways 

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

on top of that I feel like as the player you have very little to do.

I dont get what do many have with that. Are you just playing auto attack or also trying to deal dps? 

As condi you have to use min. 2 kits. Both flamethrower 2 and grenade kit 2 have a 5 sec cooldown so you have to switch in and out pretty often. 

I dont know how you play but i hope its not 5 signets. 

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:15 AM, Artyport.2084 said:

A weapon swap or even a kit!

I like the idea so much, sadly current signets should be reworked a lot since many of them are useful mostly for their passive effects.
I guess it probably won't happen, but I'd have enjoyed it for sure, kinda sad Anet didn't go with that.

edit: Aw don't make that confused face! Don't tell me that thematically speaking the idea of a remote control woulnd't have been cooler than the fist mace and its kinda disconnected nature to the golem xP

Edited by Erick Alastor.3917
  • Confused 2

On 10/27/2021 at 10:36 PM, Erick Alastor.3917 said:

A weapon swap or even a kit!

I like the idea so much, sadly current signets should be reworked a lot since many of them are useful mostly for their passive effects.
I guess it probably won't happen, but I'd have enjoyed it for sure, kinda sad Anet didn't go with that.

edit: Aw don't make that confused face! Don't tell me that thematically speaking the idea of a remote control woulnd't have been cooler than the fist mace and its kinda disconnected nature to the golem xP

Yeah I don’t know why people are acting as if this is some wild suggestion.

at this point your control of the gundum is limited to traits and 3 buttons. 

having a flip over weapon set that gives you more options to control its action seems like more interesting gameplay.

• Like 1

So the ideas is that when in combat, doing a weapon swap, instead of swapping to your second weapons set, which engineers can't do in combat anyway, would swap to a "remote control" that would give you additional control over the mech?  I could go for that, it fits into the remote controlled robot theme.  At very least it could give you key bindings for actions like "return to me" and perhaps allow you to target the mech.  A way to override the mech's AI when it is doing things you don't want, sounds good!

Actually, if that weapon swap put you into a remote golem-suit pilot mode, like a golem suit in WvW, it would be pretty cool, it would somewhat appease the players that wanted a suit rather than a pet.  You would need to figure out a good way to handle the engineer's actual body while this was going on.  Maybe the engineer just finds a place to hide and then marches off as though in a golem suit.

Edited by blp.3489
Elaboration of remote controlled suit concept.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, blp.3489 said:

So the ideas is that when in combat, doing a weapon swap, instead of swapping to your second weapons set, which engineers can't do in combat anyway, would swap to a "remote control" that would give you additional control over the mech?  I could go for that, it fits into the remote controlled robot theme.  At very least it could give you key bindings for actions like "return to me" and perhaps allow you to target the mech.  A way to override the mech's AI when it is doing things you don't want, sounds good!

Actually, if that weapon swap put you into a remote golem-suit pilot mode, like a golem suit in WvW, it would be pretty cool, it would somewhat appease the players that wanted a suit rather than a pet.  You would need to figure out a good way to handle the engineer's actual body while this was going on.  Maybe the engineer just finds a place to hide and then marches off as though in a golem suit.

Actually it’s a good trade off. You leave your body vulnerable for really powerful golem skills