Blog about upcoming strike missions and their CMs

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Realizing I made an error in my post ... I'm NOT limiting what I'm talking about to basic combat mechanics. 

Ok, so that's why I see it as homogenizing content. Basically requiring for stuff to be similar/same everywhere. No, thanks. 😛

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok, so that's why I see it as homogenizing content. Basically requiring for stuff to be similar/same everywhere. No, thanks. 😛

That' sOK ... we have different preferences for how we want content to work in GW2. I'm not particularly fussed if mechanics are similar between OW and group content. Obviously I've made it clear I think it's a idea worth considering but if Anet wants to maintain that mechanic separation at the risk of maintaining a barrier that keeps people from being comfortable doing group content, that's their decision as well. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Anet completely missed the mark here for me. It is more hammering square pegs into round holes and not addressing any of the issues. An adjustment to the reward currency mechanics and challenge motes, big deal. This would have been an OK mid patch update to strikes like 2 years ago.

I want difficulty options for 10 player content because I like difficult content. I want difficulty modes because I also really love doing easy content between difficult content sessions. We can't have difficult content because Anet "expects" everyone to want difficult content (surface level, the reality is they just want people to stay buying gold every week to pay for carries) and tries to ram everyone who does not want difficult content down the throats of the people who do want difficult content. We can't have easy content because "reasons".

All we have is this frustrating middle ground content that is designed to be impossible for most people and trivial to some people. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder why a company full of very smart talented people would be mysteriously hung up on tiny issues that you can fix with a 1970s calculator? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, what could possibly be the reason for that? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... so mysterious.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Realizing I made an error in my post ... I'm NOT limiting what I'm talking about to basic combat mechanics. 

How about give us specific cases? We can walk through some mechanics and think of a way to standardize couple of them that exist in raids and in your opinion are badly presented in the OW. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

How about give us specific cases? We can walk through some mechanics and think of a way to standardize couple of them that exist in raids and in your opinion are badly presented in the OW. 

You wanting to discuss a specific case doesn't have anything to do with the idea that standardization of mechanics between OW and group content is a good idea if Anet wants to attract more players to do strikes.

I mean, no where in this thread have I made a reference to a specific example. The idea is generalized. If there is a mechanic in OW, standardizing it for use in group content makes transitions for players smoother, no matter what the mechanic is. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You wanting to discuss a specific case doesn't have anything to do with the suggestion that standardization of mechanics between OW and group content is a good idea if Anet wants to attract more players to do strikes.

Well... I wanted to have a good faith discussion with you but apparently it's not possible... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Well... I wanted to have a good faith discussion with you but apparently it's not possible... 

It's possible, I just don't see the relevance of discussing specific cases here ... since I'm speaking generally, I'm talking about all of them.

Besides, to be fair to me, anyone that qualifies their posts with bold text "in your opinion"  like you did doesn't appear as someone who is open to having a good faith discussion in the first place. I know what is my opinion and what isn't. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It's possible, I just don't see the relevance of discussing specific cases here ... since I'm speaking generally, I'm talking about all of them.

Besides, to be fair to me, anyone that qualifies their posts with bold text "in your opinion"  like you did doesn't appear as someone who is open to having a good faith discussion in the first place. 

It was your choice to point out that there should be some way to standardize the mechanics between raids and OW so I've asked you to give me couple simple examples, since it's your opinion. What is wrong in current raids that OW does not follow? I would expect something more constructive than "thing bad, anet pls fix" kind of response. If you are unable to backup your own claims, then why are you even trying to discuss anything? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

It was your choice to point out that there should be some way to standardize the mechanics between raids and OW 

I didn't talk about any WAY of doing that. I think it's simply a good idea to do so. How it's done ... Anet will figure that out ... or not. It's their game. I don't care how or even if they do it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I didn't talk about any WAY of doing that. I think it's simply a good idea to do so. The way seems pretty obvious ... just use the mechanics in both places. 

I believe that you have no idea what percentage of mechanics in raids overlaps in open world, yet you claim that It's absolute worst thing about raids that keeps new people from trying them out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

I believe that you have no idea what percentage of mechanics in raids overlaps in open world, yet you claim that It's absolute worst thing about raids that keeps new people from trying them out.

You can believe what you like. That doesn't actually change the idea that standardization of mechanics between OW and group content is a good idea. 

PS ... see, I was right ... you just wanted to argue with me. There isn't any 'good faith' discussion you wanted to have in the first place. You're just like the 'other guy' who wants to argue about the tiny little nothings that exist somewhere that don't affect the point being made. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You can believe what you like. That's not only my individual opinion.

PS ... see, I was right ... you just wanted to argue with me. There isn't any 'good faith' discussion you wanted to have in the first place. 

Nice dodge, but no. Instead of going down to the point and discuss issue at hand you fail to entertain your own beliefs. ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Nice dodge, but no. Instead of going down to the point and discuss issue at hand you fail to entertain your own beliefs. ☺️

I don't need to entertain my beliefs because I don't need to convince myself I believe them ...  especially with someone playing a bad actor. It doesn't change the fact that the idea that standardization of mechanics between OW and group content is a good idea.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't need to entertain my beliefs because I don't need to convince myself I believe them, as well as from talking with others ...  especially with someone playing a bad actor. It doesn't change the fact that the idea that standardization of mechanics between OW and group content is a good idea.

While true, you failed to prove that is not the case right now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

While true, you failed to prove that is not the case right now.

Yup, and I'm OK with not proving that because it doesn't change the point I'm making. Standardization of mechanics between OW and group content is a good idea. That's just a hangup you have because you want to argue with me about anything. I get it .. you want that W really bad. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yup, and I'm OK with not proving that because it doesn't change the point I'm making. Standardization of mechanics between OW and group content is a good idea. That's just a hangup you have because you want to argue with me about anything. 

And it doesn't change the fact that baseless arguments are worthless ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

And it doesn't change the fact that baseless arguments are worthless ☺️

Agreed ... that's why I'm not having a baseless argument with you to begin with. That's why YOU shouldn't be trying to initiate one with me either. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Agreed ... that's why I'm not having a baseless argument with you to begin with.

All you do is repeat "x is a good idea", while dodging any deeper (even ever so slightly "deeper") conversation about what you're talking about. What you do is ltierally having a baseless argument, where you make a claim, run from your own words and then repeat one claim over and over again. Not only that, but you've literally tried saying that someone asking for your opinion means they're arguing in a bad faith. 😨 

Now the typical response would be "I don't need to have any deeper conversation about it, it's just a fact!". Sure you don't need to. No, it's not a fact. It's your baseless claim. Homogenizing content is bad and the game mechanics required for people to learn are already covered.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

All you do is repeat "x is a good idea", while dodging any deeper (even ever so slightly "deeper") conversation about what you're talking about.

The questions I'm being asked by the poster aren't about X.  It's a good idea for Anet to standardize mechanics between OW and group content. Debating what mechanics do that or not has nothing to do with that idea. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The questions I'm being asked by the poster aren't about X. 

Yes, they very clearly are.

And it's a bad idea to homogenize content throughout the game. Basic mechanics are already "standardized".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

There simply isn't a debate about what I think it is a good idea or not. The whole idea that we discuss that is absurd. It's just people wanting to perpetuate an argument about my opinion to farm infractions. Get over yourselves.  We have already agreed that what I think it's a good idea is not inline with what other people think ... that's OK. I'm simply not going to argue about it.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

There simply isn't a debate about what I think it is a good idea or not. The whole idea that we discuss that is absurd. It's just people wanting to perpetuate an argument about my opinion to farm infractions. Get over yourselves. 

So you're allowed to make some absolute, baseless claims, but the moment someone says that it's not correct (or simply wants you to elaborate), you back out of the discussion, because suddenly it's absurd?  And yet you still keep repeating the same claim in your next posts, while also trying to say you're not having baseless argument. Um...

And btw in case that's somehow not clear, we're not somehow discussing your ability to have opinions. It's more about the way you present your mostly baseless opinion as an absolute fact (like in the top post of the previous page, for one). And I don't know what that theory about "farming infractions"(??) is, why would anyone even want that in the first place.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Reworking the reward system of the IBS strikes is certainly a good move, though it would have been even better if that content had launched with a good system in the first place. It is sad that there was no mention of potential bug fixes for the old strikes.

At the very least with this approach the developers should not have any issues with the sustainability of the content going forward.