ANET, Where are you?

OnlyFear.9165

5 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

You see, this is exacly why I think person making balance decisions have to fully understand user experience 😅,

Did you ignore what I just said bro? I said that the top players (and also the forum as a whole at the time) were the ones to influence CMC to remove of amulets.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

13 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Did you ignore what I just said bro? I said that the top players (and also the forum as a whole at the time) were the ones to influence CMC to remove of amulets.

Which top players (all of them?) and by whole forum you mean every single poster? 

Also, back why I said being good enough to understand how game works and what makes builds good etc,  will allow you to properly filter received feedback, because you will know what will happen if you remove amulet. In ideal worLd, you would test it first on testing server, allowing players to play on it with changes... but thats another topic.

Edited by Morwath.9817

31 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Which top players (all of them?) and by whole forum you mean every single poster? 

Also, back why I said being good enough to understand how game works and what makes builds good etc,  will allow you to properly filter received feedback, because you will know what will happen if you remove amulet. In ideal worLd, you would test it first on testing server, allowing players to play on it with changes... but thats another topic.

Which top players... Why does it matter who the hell it is? They are top players in a discord so it doesn't matter who it is...he has taken consultation from them for nearly 2 years now and he probably still does...it's also been proven that this discord exists. 

And by the whole forum...ya pretty much the whole forum except for me and a small vocal minority that have protested the balance philosophy of CMC since 2019. There's people here that know who I am by now...probably think I'm crazy "The Complexity Guy" but you can read through my old comments and threads and there is not a single post you will find from me that isn't an argument against removals, numerical nerfs and numerical buffs, and how they are bad for the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Which top players... Why does it matter who the hell it is? They are top players in a discord so it doesn't matter who it is...he has taken consultation from them for nearly 2 years now and he probably still does...it's also been proven that this discord exists. 

And by the whole forum...ya pretty much the whole forum except for me and a small vocal minority that have protested the balance philosophy of CMC since 2019. There's people here that know who I am by now...probably think I'm crazy "The Complexity Guy" but you can read through my old comments and threads and there is not a single post you will find from me that isn't an argument against removals, numerical nerfs and numerical buffs, and how they are bad for the game.

If the balance " team " didnt have huge kitten ego, and accepted that removing some of the things was dumb, they could revert it.
Making small changes costs almost nothing, and if the change goes for the worse you can always revert it in 1minute of work.
But that goes against design philosophy of most developers, as they are forced to show illusion of control and direction.
Reverting things is a sign of making a mistake and we all know that guild wars 2 developers never make any mistakes.
This is why there are skills and traits that are unusable for over 2 years, and kitten like chaotic interruption and mantra nerfs happen on regular basis.

1 hour ago, nerva.7940 said:

if you wanna get into pvp, just ditch this poop show already and look into Lost Ark. dedicated devs, excellent design and mechanics. coming out in early 2022.

kitten that, im zooming on RU servers using vpn, game is better in every way and much much more balance, and devs go for rule of cool making many different interesting playstyles 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 12:00 PM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

The fact the devs admitted that due to working on the expac there will not be any significant work being done regarding balance etc of the roster shows the state that the current games dev company is in. A mmo dev team should always be working on future content releases while simultaneously maintaining a proper balance cadence as far as scope and frequency, the fact anet cant shows it's current situation isnt conducive to maintaining a mmo the size if gw2, as far as providing it the most positive chance at successful future.

Just a note on this, ArenaNet doesn't make these decisions; NCSoft does.

Edited by Hannelore.8153