Improve Repeatable Diamond rewards (not necessarily with tickets)

Matthew.9473

Hardly a new idea. But maybe give a gold or 2 for every tier of diamond. It doesn't have to be as good as repeatable Byzantium (the last chest of a PvP league). Just something more then the 24 memories of battle and mist packets, and skirmish chests, which amount to like, maybe 3 gold. And even then, that's only because memories are selling for so much right now.

1,050 points in reward track progress isn't that much when you account that's about 5 ticks worth, also.

Don't get me wrong, I do play for the fun of it. With my guild-mates. I just get kinda deflated after I finish diamond. It's like "Oh, I was getting great stuff, now lame stuff". Where as Byzantium, while I never bother playing enough PvP to repeat it, I'd feel good about it, ~25-30 gold being a decent chunk.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Matthew.9473 said:

It doesn't have to be as good as repeatable Byzantium

Why not? Are players in one part of the game worth more than in another part of the game?

Generally, why should WvW rewards not be as good as PvE or PvP rewards? If I can make ~20 golds / hour by farming PvE maps, why can't I make 20 gold / hour in WvW?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

Why not? Are players in one part of the game worth more than in another part of the game?

Generally, why should WvW rewards not be as good as PvE or PvP rewards? If I can make ~20 golds / hour by farming PvE maps, why can't I make 20 gold / hour in WvW?

Maybe because we don't want WvW filled with bots? Maybe because reward farming and open world PvP does not mix well?

Not every game mode should be about chasing virtual carrots.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

So you are suggesting, that in order to prevent bots, we need to punish (in comparison to other game modes), the players actually playing the game mode? Yeah, that's really a big brain solution.

Tbh, if it means we don't have to deal with swarms of afk, I mean unattentive but present at keyboard, players from PvE or the hoard of bots from spvp, yeah I personally am fine with gaining less gold/hour in a game mode I play for enjoyment.

5 minutes ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

So you are suggesting, that in order to prevent bots, we need to punish (in comparison to other game modes), the players actually playing the game mode? Yeah, that's really a big brain solution.

Enjoyable gameplay is worth far more than a few shiny pixels, so there is no "punishment" whatsoever.

I fully agree, but who are we to dictate what enjoayable gameplay is? If, for example, you tie part pf the rewards to some kind of successful gameplay, you can easily achieve both. Reward succesful fights, reward succesful objectives, reward more difficult things better than less difficult things. I don't see the design problem.

• Like 1

They should move grandmaster mark shards to grandmaster marks instead first because they have no trade value. Then follow that by an emblem vendor value , daily or weekly 2 emblem to mystic clovers (see fractals), or recipes using emblems.

Putting liquid gold rewards onto skirmish track is probably one of the worst ways they can add WvW rewards. You will notice the recent "Return to Living Story" achievements reward 7 clovers and obsidian shards along with 250 map currency.

Edited by Infusion.7149

6 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

They should move grandmaster mark shards to grandmaster marks instead first because they have no trade value. Then follow that by an emblem vendor value , daily or weekly 2 emblem to mystic clovers (see fractals), or recipes using emblems.

Putting liquid gold rewards onto skirmish track is probably one of the worst ways they can add WvW rewards. You will notice the recent "Return to Living Story" achievements reward 7 clovers and obsidian shards along with 250 map currency.

OH I like moving shards to boxes. I'd love that.

8 hours ago, Faccina.5091 said:

One grandmaster mark shard in the repeat plz 😭

OHHH, that too. Would love that.

15 hours ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

But farming is a boring way to play, so you can't equate it with just playing WvW. It's the same as saying you can make 20g farming, so why can't you make 20g not-farming?