Too unbalanced

...the what?

There is no "defense class." I'm not sure what you're referring to - do you mean that every class in this game tends to be a Glass Cannon (able to dish out high amounts of damage, but unable to defend against equal amounts of damage)? Or that defensive abilities...take too long to activate? Aren't strong enough?

This game has done away with the classic "trinity" structure of healer, DPS, tank. While some classes/elite specializations can handle much more damage than others, they aren't meant to be straight-up tanks. Their primary role, no matter the class, is to deal damage. Mitigating or avoiding damage is primarily how classes "tank" - using dodge rolls, teleports, reflects, etc., instead of simply standing put and absorbing whatever damage hits them.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Due to the overly generic nature of the post, I suspect this is a bot or spam account posting to build up a history.

I've seen similar stuff on many forums over the years.

They also posted the same thing in 3 different places.

If it's bot spam that would be concerning though, they normally avoid forums where you have to buy something to post or the signup process is more complicated than clicking register and filling in some basic details. If it's a bot it might mean someone got hold of @dokkebeee.2815's email and password.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, dokkebeee.2815 said:

Defense is made too weak compared to the damage.

Guild Wars 2 game design has always erred on the side of damage. The developers have said multiple times that they don't want tanks, in the traditional sense, to exist. I suspect this is due to a lack of confidence in their own systems and that the side of damage is the side of caution.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

..the what? (class like FB)

There is no "defense class." I'm not sure what you're referring to (FB is mostly defense clas no? Class like healers and tanks) - do you mean that every class in this game tends to be a Glass Cannon  (able to dish out high amounts of damage, but unable to defend against equal amounts of damage)? Or that defensive abilities...take too long to activate? Aren't strong enough?

This game has done away with the classic "trinity" structure of healer, DPS, tank. While some classes/elite specializations can handle much more damage than others, they aren't meant to be straight-up tanks. Their primary role, no matter the class, is to deal damage. Mitigating or avoiding damage is primarily how classes "tank" - using dodge rolls, teleports, reflects, etc., instead of simply standing put and absorbing whatever damage hits them.

the what? glass cannon? I cant fill in all the questions you have, I dont think you understand many of the questions I have. I dont even know why you are responding if you dont understand anything I say.

Edited by dokkebeee.2815
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

..the what? (class like FB)

There is no "defense class." I'm not sure what you're referring to (FB is mostly defense clas no? Class like healers and tanks) - do you mean that every class in this game tends to be a Glass Cannon  (able to dish out high amounts of damage, but unable to defend against equal amounts of damage)? Or that defensive abilities...take too long to activate? Aren't strong enough?

This game has done away with the classic "trinity" structure of healer, DPS, tank. While some classes/elite specializations can handle much more damage than others, they aren't meant to be straight-up tanks. Their primary role, no matter the class, is to deal damage. Mitigating or avoiding damage is primarily how classes "tank" - using dodge rolls, teleports, reflects, etc., instead of simply standing put and absorbing whatever damage hits them.

the what? glass cannon? I cant fill in all the questions you have, I dont think you understand many of the questions I have.I dont understand why you are replying to this if you dont understand anything I say.

Edited by dokkebeee.2815
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I guess this could be confusing to some, and you dont have to respond if you dont understand what I am saying. When people say defense class its usually tanking, healing, casting protection, etc... and if its not up to par with DMG, well, thats why I posted this...

Edited by dokkebeee.2815
  • Confused 6

Well its not supposed to be this is not a tank and spank game like world of warcraft and final fantasy 14.

You avoid damage in other ways then standing there and soak while a healer heal you.

Edit

Maybe you should try to understand the game, before throwing a tempertantrum on the forum?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dokkebeee.2815 said:

what about FB class? see you just said "healer heal you" 

Yes fb can heal and block alot of damage but its not needed in 90% of the content the last 10% being raids.

1 more video you can watch to let it sink in OP

Edit

Positioning, evades and blocks are what will keep you alive.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

yeah thats what i am saying its unbalanced. Not sure if talking is tantrum, think you might be mistaken some of the words or emotions. Not every post in forum will be positive, if thats what you are expecting, people use it to post the problem with the game.

Edited by dokkebeee.2815
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, dokkebeee.2815 said:

yeah, what of your link?

Click on that link and look for FB. Pretty high dps for a class that's supposed to be inherently defensive 😮  

What about your link though? Healing exists in the game? Yeah, what does it change about anything in this thread? How about you stop with your blanket statements (that for now just seem to be plain wrong due to -probably- you being a new player and not understanding the game yet) and start listing some specific examples of what you're talking about?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1