Rune of the tapper better be gone with EoD launch

Ovark.2514

2 hours ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

you're not going to have full evasion during 3 spam there are spots at which you can be hit you're confusing bad guards with good ones who dont just spam cc skills and time them well at times when people would be vulnerable, no guard worth his salt is going to let you just pump 11k damage into him without retaliation (no pun) they can move/dodge/invuln/stealth with rune(which breaks tracking on 3)/f2 leap so many options and this is just assuming no outside help.

holos and necros are easy to deal with so i dont agree with that, i deal with many outnumbered situations all the time its easy when you can see your target, even still you can downgrade your point to a 2v1 YOU are not going to beat 2 guards of equal skill to you running that rune by yourself on a s/d thief if they weren't you could probably outplay them but with it nah you're just talking out your kitten.

no one said all of them were fully loaded with all traps i noticed one actually had the revive channel skill that he used on one of his downed teammates from a distance some of them had the invuln/recharge f skills elite at least one had that heal that blocks attacks while invuln

so your mindset is were i had estimated you have this ideal spot in your head of a thief 1v1 vs a trap guard and in that situation alone sure victory would go to the thief more often than not with no outside assistance but if you start inserting other variables into the mix things are not so clear 1v1 isnt always an option vs premade groups especially if your teams can't deal with the situation. (i deal with bad teams all the time and i can carry but you can't carry against that not when they are actually good players using a broken rune in unison)

Pay close attention to which class that you think is OP is conspicuous by its absence.

7 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Are we starting to see a pattern emerge? Or do I need to post more?

nah pretty sure you and the other guy are just missing the point especially you by thinking im at all saying guardian is overpowered.

and posting videos that im not going to watch but assume is auto tourney footage of two 5man premade teams going against eachother which again is not what my original post described 2 totally different things.

frankly im done talking about it when people keep having oversights like these so GG have fun im out.

16 minutes ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

nah pretty sure you and the other guy are just missing the point especially you by thinking im at all saying guardian is overpowered.

and posting videos that im not going to watch but assume is auto tourney footage of two 5man premade teams going against eachother which again is not what my original post described 2 totally different things.

frankly im done talking about it when people keep having oversights like these so GG have fun im out.

Whether its in unranked or tournament should surely make no difference?

According to you, 5x trapper DH is basically impossible to play into and has no counter. So why isn't it tearing up Monthly? You know, the only place in the game where people actually still genuinely try to win and not just meme?

We both know what the answer is, that trapper DH is a noob-stomper that doesn't work against any level of co-ordination or against players who know how to position properly. You just don't want to admit it.

All that your anecdote proves is that your team in unranked was severaly outplayed by a team composition that would not work against any competent opponents.

Hmmmmm, I wonder what is a better measure of effectiveness, 100s of games by top teams in tournaments over a period of months, or, one guy going "this one time, in unranked, I got smashed, so, QED". HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by Ragnar.4257

14 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Whether its in unranked or tournament should surely make no difference?

According to you, 5x trapper DH is basically impossible to play into and has no counter. So why isn't it tearing up Monthly? You know, the only place in the game where people actually still genuinely try to win and not just meme?

We both know what the answer is, that trapper DH is a noob-stomper that doesn't work against any level of co-ordination or against players who know how to position properly. You just don't want to admit it.

All that your anecdote proves is that your team in unranked was severaly outplayed by a team composition that would not work against any competent opponents.

Hmmmmm, I wonder what is a better measure of effectiveness, 100s of games by top teams in tournaments over a period of months, or, one guy going "this one time, in unranked, I got smashed, so, QED". HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Why you guys always try to use "bUt DiD iT wIn MaT?!" as an argument?
If it's broken it should get nerfed, doesn't matter how big representation it has in the game.
It's like saying exploits are fine, because not many abuses them.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

If it's broken it should get nerfed, doesn't matter how big representation it has in the game.

Because MAT is the only possible evidence to bring into the discussion that is not 100% anecdotal.

I can tell you about my experiences in ranked/unranked if you like, but anyone who disagrees will simply dismiss it out of hand. As I will probably dismiss theirs.

And it didn't just not win...... it wasn't played by a single team in the tournament, for at least 6 months in a row (on EU at least, I don't follow NA). I don't know how much clearer a sign you could need that this build is not that great.

The only other evidence that could be brought that is not totally biased and anecdotal would be the win-rate and pick-rate statistics that ANet collect on ranked/unranked, but since we don't have access to those, what else do you suggest we use to measure things objectively?

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

How is it broken though? 

8 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Because MAT is the only possible evidence to bring into the discussion that is not 100% anecdotal.

I can tell you about my experiences in ranked/unranked if you like, but anyone who disagrees will simply dismiss it out of hand. As I will probably dismiss theirs.

And it didn't just not win...... it wasn't played by a single team in the tournament, for at least 6 months in a row (on EU at least, I don't follow NA). I don't know how much clearer a sign you could need that this build is not that great.

The only other evidence that could be brought that is not totally biased and anecdotal would be the win-rate and pick-rate statistics that ANet collect on ranked/unranked, but since we don't have access to those, what else do you suggest we use to measure things objectively?

What matters most is how broken abc thing is in objective manner though and not the representation itself, because even stuff like Firebrand is completely busted from design level, same goes for many other e-speces, yet their presence in the "top kek pvp environement" is pretty much non-existant.
What you have shown is only "people don't use it against xyz classes", meaning other classes put that build into shadow, meaning other broken stuff just shelves this one and nothing beside that, that's quite shortsighted.
Stealth in this game is unrestricted and even can be stacked, combine that with any kind of mobility and that's a problem design, only reason why that is somehow kept in check to a degree is because PvP is about dancing around circles, beside that it's very poor mechanic for the game.