vindicator.mp4

7 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

That ending is so cringy, to think majority agree with the fact it can be that strong is hilarious.

Yeah the second clip is funnier, although I should note that when I turned on OBS in the first clip I had already tried to kill him for a couple minutes, I wish I had done it earlier! It's not that strange that he is tanky considering that I am virtuoso and he has insane projectile block uptime, I just found it funny that you can still tank that well vs a berserker amulet class in 2021 even though all the bunker amulets are gone.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

Cant speak for pve but for pvp vindicator has usual rev kitten with shoved in easy passive sustain, I am not surprised.
Balance in discord alone is 1,9k healing on legend swap, not counting any healing power just straight up 2k healing every 10s.
They went heavy into passive braindead sustain again, I bet if you went all out of sustain you could stand 1v2 on a node as it is,
and with how much endurance the dps dodge costs I doubt we will see it ever used, instead 4k heal every 5s from dodge, 2k every 10s from legend swap, bunch of other rev free healing like staff for smacking the ground, battle scars or healing for spending energy and here we go again, condi rev v2.0

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, oralcumshot.9214 said:

Cant speak for pve but for pvp vindicator has usual rev kitten with shoved in easy passive sustain, I am not surprised.
Balance in discord alone is 1,9k healing on legend swap, not counting any healing power just straight up 2k healing every 10s.
They went heavy into passive braindead sustain again, I bet if you went all out of sustain you could stand 1v2 on a node as it is,
and with how much endurance the dps dodge costs I doubt we will see it ever used, instead 4k heal every 5s from dodge, 2k every 10s from legend swap, bunch of other rev free healing like staff for smacking the ground, battle scars or healing for spending energy and here we go again, condi rev v2.0

You do know all the dodges cost 100 endurance which is double the cost of  the normal dodge every other spec gets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

You do know all the dodges cost 100 endurance which is double the cost of  the normal dodge every other spec gets.

no, they dont. different dodges have different costs. dps one costs 150, healing one costs 50 ( this is how much normal dodge costs )
the boon one costs 100.
you would think someone with rev avatar would understand their new espec mechanic huh?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, oralcumshot.9214 said:

no, they dont. different dodges have different costs. dps one costs 150, healing one costs 50 ( this is how much normal dodge costs )
the boon one costs 100.
you would think someone with rev avatar would understand their new espec mechanic huh?

That was only for the first beta, read some patch notes and try actually playing builds that beat you instead whining about things you clearly made minimal effort to learn about.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

That was only for the first beta, read some patch notes and try actually playing builds that beat you instead whining about things you clearly made minimal effort to learn about.

ofc I put minimal effort, there is nothing to learn.
rev will come out broken as all other rev specs.
rev is for the best and the best tend to win
It will take like 2-3 years for them to " balance " it again

• Confused 2

Vindicator won't have a place in PvP aside from emulating the one shot DH one trick pony meme builds in silver to gold ranks.  Is just a  inferior version of power Herald, with worse defensive options and cc.

Edited by Buran.3796

I'd like you to elaborate why Rangers can have pets that can carry their poor performance, such as Tail Swipe 7k-10k with a large radius that often visually bugs out or Smokescale having practically infinite range for the CC with utility granting a smoke field which creates the safest rotation to play with two of the lowest stunbreaks in the game combined in the same kit along the way of Long Range Shot being bugged for years for reaching further than intended.

However Hammer Bolt for Revenant required to be fixed because reached further than intended was not acceptable, not the forget that for 2 years now and on going CoR has been broken and never seen fixed, sound, hitreg and unintended point blank gap further than intended. Inspiring Reinforcement having gap in Initial Stability and Mallyx turned completely useless before they could ever adjust what was the real cause of being overpowered. Mmmmmmh.

Why can't Warrior have low CD stunbreaks too? Guess it's too overpowered with it's GS that barely compares to Ranger itself.

Edited by Shao.7236

12 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

I'd like you to elaborate why Rangers can have pets that can carry their poor performance, such as Tail Swipe 7k-10k with a large radius that often visually bugs out or Smokescale having practically infinite range for the CC with utility granting a smoke field which creates the safest rotation to play with two of the lowest stunbreaks in the game combined in the same kit along the way of Long Range Shot being bugged for years for reaching further than intended.

However Hammer Bolt for Revenant required to be fixed because reached further than intended was not acceptable, not the forget that for 2 years now and on going CoR has been broken and never seen fixed, sound, hitreg and unintended point blank gap further than intended. Inspiring Reinforcement having gap in Initial Stability and Mallyx turned completely useless before they could ever adjust what was the real cause of being overpowered. Mmmmmmh.

Why can't Warrior have low CD stunbreaks too? Guess it's too overpowered with it's GS that barely compares to Ranger itself.

Ranger is indeed annoying af but Rev is objectively stronger.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, OralCumshot.4823 said:

why are you comparing worst parts of a rev to the best parts of ranger?
its as if I was complaining that reee ranger cant instantly teleport through a wall every 12s, while dealing damage gaining quickness and unblockable.
ree warrior has only 1 healing skill while rev has 2  ? Guess its too overpoered to compare

Any teleports that are target oriented in the game can go through walls, that included S/D Thief which can actually do it over and over nearly instantly, Revenant teleports are far more slower than any in the game and it's really easy to instant deny them into a bad position with awareness because if they are not engaged, all they have is legend swap stunbreak or wait it out, even the best of scenario weapon skills are all that's available, leaving a Revenant to gather energy is the reason why they can exceed and that happens a lot from other players not keeping pressure on them.

Fact of matter being a one shot mesmer/weaver can instantly demolish a Herald after that phase traversal if aware of their presence and they have no legend swap available at all which happens a lot, so many Heralds make the mistake of instantly going for PT rather than wait for swap to be available, that Quickness is not like some super buff that makes them super OP but rather able to anything because after PT they are already vulnerable enough at it is.

I'd argue that Revenant is easily a worst thief with not escape potential if countered properly.

The best parts of Revenant have plenty counter and Anet did good at balancing Shiro Riposting Shadows energy cost and PT CD, you can say they have two healings but let me enlighten you on those with one simple fact, they all have the same weakness outside of Soothing Stone and that's Poison, even Mallyx can't properly manage it on top of the rest having other weaknesses such as, Infuse Light conversion is reduced by Poison or stowing (The nerf of 3 to 2 seconds was also a good nerf), Enchanted Daggers heal less by Poison and can be lost by several means, Breakrazor Bastion's is equally worst as Mallyx from being nerfed inconsiderably for having horrible values with Poison adding on top, Ventari has very limited cleanse and Poison really breaks it as being the only thing that it takes to counter, both Vindicator heals have no clears and the way people have been wishing the profession to be, it's gonna be stupidly easy or stupidly hard because of that dumb evade constantly giving 6k buffers with no healing power at all.

Just like you I hope that they nerf/buff balance the new spec because I can admit to the highs and lows, but Revenant is definitely not top of the food chain in balance, people you can do great plays with them but that's because they are actual great plays and not super blown stuff like the Ranger stuff I mentioned earlier.

Just try the things that I mentioned and you'll find them way easier to deal with. There is only two things that I'd warn about and change to Herald and that's reducing the radius of the blind while restoring Reveal hit rather than only in Stealth, Shiro Facet active is also pretty cringe and should see it's damage removed or reduce for being instant and too high, instead it should remove more boons so the skills becomes an actual counter play button rather than a just press for damage, even Mallyx Facet radius active should see it's radius reduced for being instant, but that's they fix the legend first.

1 hour ago, OralCumshot.4823 said:

ree warrior has only 1 healing skill while rev has 2  ? Guess its too overpoered to compare

But Vindicator heals for ~800 with its double-crap legend no ones runs in PvP and has 1/4 of a dodge...   Again, I agree that  greatsword #5 is unbalanced (due kill at random, not due does a lot of damage) but so far after the changes in the 4th beta the Vindigcator isn't going anywere in PvP (at least in monthly tournaments).

On 12/16/2021 at 7:17 AM, Buran.3796 said:

Vindicator won't have a place in PvP aside from emulating the one shot DH one trick pony meme builds in silver to gold ranks.  Is just a  inferior version of power Herald, with worse defensive options and cc.

This comment is going to age like milk.

Vindicator is for sure going to have a place in spvp if not outright replacing power herald for the most part 

It has less CC than herald but it has WAY more damage and sustain than current power herald.

Vindicator can easily 1v2 matchups herald cant and is a much better choice in larger teamfights while still being just as if not more effective as a +1

Shiro/jalis barrier dodge vindicator is going to be meta

Edited by Kayberz.5346

4 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

This comment is going to age like milk.

Vindicator is for sure going to have a place in spvp if not outright replacing power herald for the most part 

It has less CC than herald but it has WAY more damage and sustain than current power herald.

Vindicator can easily 1v2 matchups herald cant and is a much better choice in larger teamfights while still being just as if not more effective as a +1

Shiro/jalis barrier dodge vindicator is going to be meta

I'll start for the last part: Shiro/Jalis 3rd dodge trait HAD potential to have room in PvP  until the changes in the 4th beta. Then the increse of the endurance cost x evade was doubled from 50 to 100, so you need to waste your traits and sigils in gaining vigor just to stay close to any one else naked (and they can stack evades: you don't). If you think that that doesn't hurt Vindicator in PvP just think on how capping the Mirage evades to 1 in PvP removed the class entirely from the meta.

Now, think about what makes the power Herald build meta and good in PvP: it has mobility, good sustain, tons of cc and very good single target burst damage (no so great damage over time and mediocre AoE damage since attacks as Unrelenting Assault splits amaongs enemies). The power Herald build is a +1, a roamer that hits and runs.

Place a Vindicator againt the Herald: the Vindicator lacks Glint, and the main source of damage is greatsword #2 (Mist Unleashed) and #5 (Eternity's Requiem). Thanx to Infuse Light the Herald build laughts at Eternity's Requiem: as happens with Dragon Hunter's traps is just a perfect tool to refill Herald's HP for free. Glint also provides perma fury, swiftness and might, a instant breakstun with which revelas and blinds in area, and AoE that chills, procs weakness (which destroys vigor) and burns and an AoE launch wich also procs weakness and superspeed...   All of them at 0 cost energy, by the way. 

So, as a power Herald you have way more mobility than the Vindicator, you make surgical strikes against outnumbered targets placing your cc and burst combos and then you leave to decap or hit on another place. Vindicator is less mobile that Herald, and your cc comes from Jade Winds (50 energy cost) and Forced Engagement. Jalis works well with Renegade due the latter fights at range, but Vinf¡dicator has no suitable ranged weapon, and at close range Shiro + Glint > Shiro + Jalis, otherwise all power Heralds would run Jalis along Shiro in tournaments (which doesn't happen).

Vindicator will be a powerfull fighter in small teamfights, but worse than Necro, because pulsating AoE fear from unblockable sources beats pulsating stability from Inspiring Reinforcement 100% of the time. And your barriers and heals as Vindicator aren't as suseful as a support Guard for a team. It will be used in ranked silver and gold tiers were the DH trapper feasts on noobs, because as was said Eternity's Requiem random impacts works wonders vs pugs (until is nerfed), but that ain't work at monthly ATs.

As a Vindicator, when you use your evade you won't get another one in at least 10 seconds (if vigor is running) or never if you have weakness on you (weakness is a hard counter to Vindicator, it just crushes it). If you swaped to Jalis after using the dodge congratulations: your only breakstun costs 40 energy. You're now a sitting duck. And your main damage source (greatsword) works like a crap without the quickness from Brutality (but if you take Brutality you lose Dance of Death, a handicat which power Herald doesn't have because ss + staf works fine without kickness).

In other words: when you chose to play a Vindicator you get a problem: you lose the ability to stack two dodges and your only one now cost x2 the endurance of any other class/build. You are at 1/4 dodge compared to any one. To reverse that disadvantage you need to sacrifice your damage traits and sigils just to STILL be subpar in dodges compared to anyone. So you chose Vindicator, yo chose a PROBLEM, and then you waste resources to TRY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. In contrast see the Herald: you get better traits, legend and skills than running a core Revenant, and you just focus on crushing other players.

Why would Vindicator work better than Herald in PvP? Because the greatsword? Don't make me laugh: you have worse legends, otherwise core Rev or Renebow would be meta, and the Alliance is worse than core legends. Because the traitline? Most of the traits are useless in PvP, and the ones usefull focus on adressing your single dodge 100 endurance units handicap, not in giving you anything better than Herald. Because the F skills? They are weaker than core Rev's F2, bro. Vindi's greatsword is worse than Ranger greatsword (arguably the best geratsword in the game) and that alone doesn't grant Rangers a place in the meta. Why would be better for the Vindicator?

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Confused 1