[Suggestion] Replace Chemical Field

raykor.6723

5 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Because Detection Pulse is an even shittier alternative.

And made absolutely no sense thematically.

Usually, our toolbelt skills are in some way related to the utility skill they belong to. Detection pulse as the toolbelt of the purge gyro was breaking that immersion, it made no sense that they are related thematically. On utility goggles, it makes more sense, since you can assume that the goggles enable you to see stealthed enemies.

I personally don't mind the chemical field. We just have 1 poison combo field on core, placed on the mortar kit, since they removed the poison fields from the grenades. This gives us another poison field and scrapper in general is working alot with different combo fields, so it fits nicely.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Hm to be fair it kind of fits the theme of the gyro. Purge gyro remove condition so the tool belt can be seen as all the condition turned into toxin and being released in a field. 

That being said I do think it can receive a buff like boon stripping/corruption. I dont think 1 boon stripping/corruption skill on an engineer would suddently makes it OP

• Like 1

The Purge Gyro is a defensive skill. I would like the tool belt skill for this utility skill to also be some sort of useful defensive skill and not a useless poison field.

Leaping (hammer 3) or blasting in posion field makes aoe https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Poison_field

it's super good on drms or fractals mob fights as mobs hits your team for 50% less dmg 

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

• 1 month later...

I agree chemical field is very out of place on the Scrapper kit.  Yes aoe weakness is good, but the ability itself is very underwhelming and thematically doesn't make sense.  It's also very odd on a build with literally zero condi to have a pulsing poison ability.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

even though it kinda looks out of place (which i thematically totally aggree with), i think that poison as a condition itself is a bit underestimated. 

Poison is in general a pretty strong condition in PvP and especially WvW. Not because of the damage, but due to the 33% decrease of incoming healing on the poisoned target. Especially in WvW (where Firebrands often use Signet of Mercy to rezz downstates) poison can make the difference between a kill and a revive (since, what many people don´t know btw, poison also affects Signet of Mercy´s downstate-rezz, which can result in a downed player not being fully revived when poisoned and below a certain threshold).

• Like 2