MMO Mouse recommendations?

Jaruselka.5943

1 hour ago, Draconious.2751 said:

I quite like my Thermaltake Nemesis Switch for $50. It is a claw grip mouse with up to 8 side buttons that have good tactility to them. The software is pretty decent as well. The optical sensor on it is widely used and of good quality. I have been using it for 4 years now and have had no issues.

Didn't know Thermaltake made an MMO mouse. I have one of their mechanical keyboards that was pretty nice. 

Interesting..

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 2:37 PM, LetoII.3782 said:

Nop, only the 12 thumbpad buttons.

Don't make me link the manual..

I had one... they share the software/design with the Utechsmart Venus and the Titanwolf Gauntlet... both top bottuns and sides buttons are programmable...

Edited by Zepoolpe.9217

On 1/15/2022 at 9:36 AM, Zolazie Grengche.3051 said:

Logitech G600.

I've been using the same one for 6yrs now.

I have had some issue with the top left button, but nothing a little switch spray couldn't make right. And it lasts.

Also G600. I did have issues with the clickers after a while myself but honestly any low-tier electronics repair shop can replace those switches (they're dirt cheap) for a low price when they start failing. I bought a little packet of switches (I think they were less than a dollar each) and have already replaced two of them (left and right click) for a minimal fee (like 10$). Takes like 5-10 minutes to do and if you have access to a soldering kit you can easily do it yourself. 

Razer Naga trinity is a great mouse. Besides the Trinity has 12 side buttons,it also comes with 2 other side pads with less buttons for general use if needed. But the Razers Grip is mostly vastly superior to other mouses for me personally like the Corsair scimitair which i had to return because the grip just wasnt the same and the buttons on the left side of the mouse were just a bit too low for my taste,i also was no fan of their software.

Edited by Caedmon.6798

1 hour ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

..Corsair scimitair which i had to return because the grip just wasnt the same and the buttons on the left side of the mouse were just a bit too low for my taste,i also was no fan of their software.

I had one of these too..but the iCUE software is atrocious. The side buttons felt mushy too..

i have u techsmart venus, before that always had razer but razer always died after sometime with right mouse click (still last around 2 years before doing so, so its not bad)
but i just wanted cheaper option

got this utech smart venus or w/e exact name is, well its doing its job perfectly fine. compare to my razer at start it felt HUGE and clunky but after i got used to it it feels better then a razer but if u got small hands id stay away 😄

On 1/5/2022 at 3:27 AM, Jaruselka.5943 said:

Hi folks! 

I've been using an old Logitech G600 mouse as a daily driver for years and it's ready to give up the ghost so I am in the market for a new one. I'm pretty much exclusively a WvW player so I am curious about what you all use and if you have any recommendations. I looked at the reviews but I wanted to get first hand "in the trenches" feedback.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Bro, they still make them. You can buy the directly from the US Logitech store or if outside the US, buy them on eBay. They are current revisions and not old stock. I've got 3 spare sitting in my cupboard 🙏

I had a logitech mouse that was weight adjustable and only had 2 side buttons,  for the first 2 years of the game release, it was really great but i needed more side buttons to make my life easier.

I had 2 Razor Naga's for like 3 years of the game here's the pros and cons IMO.

Pros:  Easy to use software, comfortable, smaller in design, great button layout 12 side buttons!

Cons: Overpriced, Lasor died, middle mouse mouse died after 1 year, left mouse button issues.

I bought replacement parts and fixed them myself which was easy to do, but as it was a limited edition model eventually i couldn't self repair the faults as the parts were no longer available.  I looked for the mouse and the price was like £150 so yeah i decided to go for something else.

I tried the logitech g600 but i hated the size (too big)the  feel and button layout/design. so returned it

I also tried the latest verson of the razor naga but i didnt enjoy the new layout of buttons.

Eventually i settled on the CORSAIR rgb scimitar PRO, Size wise its a little too big imo, bigger than the razor naga i had.  button layout is very nice and has a sliding  adjustable thumbpad, the ICU software has been trash imo, crashing or not working at all sometimes, having to restart pc to fix the issue.  Left and Right mouse buttons dont seem to last very long either, middle mouse button is the same as the other brands, tends to break if you use it frequently as its a poor design and made from trash plastic.

All in all idk what i can recommend but a must for me is 12 side buttons, i will stick with the corsair for now as i can pick them up pretty cheap and i can self repair them.  If you play as much as me, i guess this is why they dont last very long.

Im kinda used to the corsair now but maybe i might try another mouse in the future, what one idk.

Edited by allshallperish.4620

I can tell you about corsair scimitar:

+ it is nice that the pad can be moved. It works fine

+ after getting some muscle memory it is easy to hit the buttons you want without a problem

but now the negative part

- after 1 year, the button wear caused double click and no click issues. I had to open the mouse and cut off some plastic. Now it works again. I dont know for how long. I have never had this issue with any mouse in the past 20 years that i even used longer than this corsair mouse. pathetic quality

- iCue needs 1+ gb disc space AND can use up to 1 gb RAM. WHY???? My fix for this was to rename one of the kitten corsair services, so that it is broken and does not start anymore.

- iCue is horrible. People will tell you that. You will read about it everywhere online. But you have to experience it to understand how kitten it is. It took me more than an hour to get everything set up (keybindings) while i needed like 5 minutes for my logitech in the past in comparison.

- you need to run iCue in the background. Because when you try to use the no-icue-"hardware"-mode instead of the icue-software-mode the clicking behaves different. like i click a button and the right mouse is suddenly released though i still press the right mouse button. Awesome when you cannot rotate your camera anymore. And other stuff like that.

- iCue is buggy. you set some keybindings and then suddenly they are deleted.