Naive returning player : Vision

Hello I'm a returning player, so much content to play

After hundreds of hours I naively started Vision and... that was fun, at least the 90% first part.

Now I'm at the "end" and I didn't saw what was coming... : 250 mystic coins , 77 clovers,... 😢

Should I surrend ? I don't know how to deal with this challenge xD

Thanks for advices

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nope, do not give up....wow you're almost done!!!  Congratulations on that! 

So from there....time to hit up fractals (you can buy two daily from the vendor), WvW if you like (reward tracks), or try unbound magic conversion to boxes which might contain them.  Don't forget they also are in the chest of loyalty box from logging in...long wait but great choice if you're needing them.  

You can buy mystic coins if you need them from the trading post, do the daily ley line anomaly, and of course from log in rewards.  

Felt the same way when I was on my last stage of crafting a weapon recently...it was discouraging but worth it, imo, to complete it.  Just took me a little longer.  You've done the hard part.  This is just the last little bit, tedious as it is. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Never, ever give up on getting a shinny.

Mystic coins, you get 50 a month from login and Ley Line Anomaly alone. If you invest the 2 gold from the dailies into mystic coins, thats about 30 more, so we're at 80 a month now. Just play the game, dont waiste gold on crappy stuff and you'll have all 250 of the in no time.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MarcoTheDwarf.1570 said:

Hello I'm a returning player, so much content to play

After hundreds of hours I naively started Vision and... that was fun, at least the 90% first part.

Now I'm at the "end" and I didn't saw what was coming... : 250 mystic coins , 77 clovers,... 😢

Should I surrend ? I don't know how to deal with this challenge xD

Thanks for advices

Why would you surrender now? You can get both Mystic Coins and Mystic Clovers just from the daily login rewards even if you don't do anything else, and there ARE ways to obtain both. Not to mention that Mystic Coins can just be bought from the trading post, as long as you have enough gold (they are quite expensive).

• Like 2

For Mystic Clovers:

- Many PvP and WvW un-repeatable Reward Tracks give alot all at once (you can easily get 77 in just a week).

- You can get them from Drizzlewood Coast, which works similar to WvW but is PvE.

- You can buy them from the Fractal vendor.

- You can craft them in the Mystic Forge.

- You get them as a login reward at the end of every month in "Chest of Legendary Crafting Materials".

For the Mystic Coins, you get them as login rewards, from daily Mystic Forger whenever its available, and from doing daily Ley Line Anomoly. Check Guild Wars 2 Wiki: Event Timers, and make sure you're 10-15min early.

You can also just grind other content, salvage everything, sell the materials and buy Mystic Coins with gold.

When you work on Legendary Items in the future, always make sure you're working on the Mystic Clovers and Mystic Coins while doing the questing for the other materials. You'll want to start early so you'll be ready with the timegated Clovers & Coins by the time you finish the rest.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 5

Some people will also say that you can swipe your card and convert gems into gold to buy the Mystic Coins as that is a more efficient use of your time, but if you are open to that then rolling an alt account and buying an expansion/core hero edition for it will net you more gold in the long run. That and said account will generate extra mystic coins for you from the daily logins, as well as using it's laurels for the T6 and T5 mats for the gifts as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

For Mystic Clovers:

- Many PvP and WvW un-repeatable Reward Tracks give alot all at once (you can easily get 77 in just a week).

- You can get them from Drizzlewood Coast, which works similar to WvW but is PvE.

- You can buy them from the Fractal vendor.

- You can craft them in the Mystic Forge.

- You get them as a login reward at the end of every month in "Chest of Legendary Crafting Materials".

For the Mystic Coins, you get them as login rewards, from daily Mystic Forger whenever its available, and from doing daily Ley Line Anomoly. Check Guild Wars 2 Wiki: Event Timers, and make sure you're 10-15min early.

You can also just grind other content, salvage everything, sell the materials and buy Mystic Coins with gold.

When you work on Legendary Items in the future, always make sure you're working on the Mystic Clovers and Mystic Coins while doing the questing for the other materials. You'll want to start early so you'll be ready with the timegated Clovers & Coins by the time you finish the rest.

This exactly but i want to add that Also "Return to" achis are a nice source of mystic coins. 

Strike Missions in icebrood Saga also give 7 mystic clovers thanks to "Return to" achis (not repeatable)

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 4

On 1/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Some people will also say that you can swipe your card and convert gems into gold to buy the Mystic Coins as that is a more efficient use of your time, but if you are open to that then rolling an alt account and buying an expansion/core hero edition for it will net you more gold in the long run. That and said account will generate extra mystic coins for you from the daily logins, as well as using it's laurels for the T6 and T5 mats for the gifts as well.

Having an extra account can also be convinient for other things (if applicable). I have played since GW1 and most of my friends play in EU, but I know a few who play in NA and it is actually very nice to have a second account at the other side of the pond.

More on topic
Resources are always a thing when making a legendary and to be honest these two elements require the most valuable resources. I've made a few legendaries with a lot of time in between and I also made the same mistake to plan this step ahead. You think you are almost there and then realises that there is still a long way to go.

There is some solid advice on how to do this and I'm certain you'll get there.
Make sure that for the clovers you also check out the wiki page. I see a lot of people doing the 10 clover recipe. This seems to be the smart move, but only if you are unlucky. The deveation of the average is a lot higher with the 10 clover recipe and you could save a lot more gold, but also end up spending a lot more. The 1 clover recipe is better.

My tactics:

1: Get the daily login rewards to get the free coins.
2: use the 28 days login reward to get the 7 clovers.
3: Dedicate all resource (that you feel comfortable on spending onvision) to get more mystic coins.
4: once you have the mystic coins, the hard part is over. Now dedicate all your resources (that you feel happy to spend on vision) for the 1 clover recipe. Keep getting the mystic coins fromthe login rewards as extra cash.

It should be possible to be done in 3-4 months without spending a lot of extra resources. If you have two accounts, it helps to diminish the time spent.