Wrong server/team names in game

I am assigned to team green "Titan's Staircase", which correctly is the name of the green-home-map in the map display/window and in wvw panel.

But when I am on the green home map, my location in the guild member list and the friends list is shown as "Reapers Corridor".

And when we capture something, the message in chat window is "Desolation has captured ..."

And when team red (Seven Pikes) captures someting, the message in chat window is "Blacktide has captured ..."

And when team blue (Griffonfall) captures someting, the message in chat window is "Far Shiverpeaks has captured ..."

This bug is a little bit confusing. 😉

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

This exact same thing is happening to me right now. I am on Team Fort Aspenwood but it is showing in chat as First Haven. Yet my server is E.Bay. 

Green team is Jade Quarry in chat and Stonefall on the map. Red is Yak's Bend in chat and Skrittsburgh on the map.

Make it make sense Arenanet :(

On 8/13/2022 at 1:05 PM, Plumberry.4637 said:

This exact same thing is happening to me right now. I am on Team Fort Aspenwood but it is showing in chat as First Haven. Yet my server is E.Bay. 

Green team is Jade Quarry in chat and Stonefall on the map. Red is Yak's Bend in chat and Skrittsburgh on the map.

Make it make sense Arenanet 😞

OOO another E.Bay person 🙂

I am on Green/Stonewall myself in this alliance

If I recall correctly as Anet explained it, in loose terms the teams are just slapped on top of the existing world system and it's not so easy to change how the normal system is hardcoded. 

So pretty much if they tried to fix this "bug" you wouldnt be having WvW next week because they'd break it.

• Like 1

This is what they do indeed, yes, afaik, it makies sense from a testing perspective. To quote myself a bit:

21 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

I mean,  just that teams/worlds are borrowing the identifications of existing servers and therefore you can be on the same map and still be seen as being on different ones in guild/friends list seems to not be quite understood - but I am sure people would be even less happy if the beta showed the right name on the border people were on just to find themselves assigned to another server than they were last week when beta is over.

Let's say you are on a server in T3, server x, and server y and z are your opponents. The guy next to you, standing on the same map, is in T2, on server 1, and server 2 and 3 are their opponents.
Let's say it's blue Alpine Border. On the list you will show with the name that currently borrows server y, z or x's identification of what *would* have been BBL in your match up - T3. At the same time, the person next to you shows up as being on the server borrowing what would have been the BBL's identification in their match up -1, 2 or 3's identification in T2.

If you hover over the icons of the people in a squad on your team/world in a MU, you will find that they all have their actual server names listed, they are not all listed as "moogaloo"  or "Griffonfall" or "Reaper's Corridor" like your enemies. But you are all standing together in a map as being in the same world/team/server.

Edited by One more for the road.8950
Trying to be as little confusing as possible...