Is it against the ToS to buy a Guild from another player?

Ausar.9542

I want a guild hall for solo guild Hall decorating without all the guild politics hurdles to jump through. 

I figured I just exchange coins for an already established guild with a guild hall. 

iam in a guild which most members including the guild leader havnt been on for months, and they have a guild hall. I have no way to gain the ability to decorate since nobody with approval ranks are ever online. I rather buy that guild off the owner, since nobody is there.

my main guild which is for WvW, I dont have decoration privilege because of their ranking system. So I rather just avoid all that drama and just have my own guild hall on a separate solo guild from my WvW guild. 

Just wondering if its against the ToS to do so.

I mean, depending on the price you may just want to create and level your own guild. I share your frustration but that is what I'm doing as my long term goal. Takes forever though. If I could bypass scribing and just buy decorations straight up I would. I don't understand how it would be against the rules if the seller agrees to an in game currency price but I don't know for sure.

• Like 1

My understanding from launch is that it is permissible to buy anything in game with in game gold, but you are warned that doing so outside the trading post opens you up to possible scam, since there’s no way to simultaneously trade ownership.

One party can always receive payment or goods, then walk away and there will be no one to appeal to.

If paying for raid runs or JP ports is acceptable, why wouldn’t paying for a developed guild also be acceptable?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

iam in a guild which most members including the guild leader havnt been on for months, and they have a guild hall. I have no way to gain the ability to decorate since nobody with approval ranks are ever online. I rather buy that guild off the owner, since nobody is there.

Do you have a way to contact the guild leader?

If not then this won't work, because the only way to gain control of the guild is for the current leader to give you the necessary permissions.

If so then I recommend discussing the situation with them. If they're not playing much/at all any more they might be willing to give you the guild, or agree something like you get leadership permissions to keep it running in 'maintenance mode' in return for getting decorator permissions and the freedom to do what you want with the guild hall.

You could offer to buy it from them, but considering you're already part of the guild there might be other options.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

I want a guild hall for solo guild Hall decorating without all the guild politics hurdles to jump through. 

I figured I just exchange coins for an already established guild with a guild hall. 

my main guild which is for WvW, I dont have decoration privilege because of their ranking system. So I rather just avoid all that drama and just have my own guild hall on a separate solo guild from my WvW guild. 

Just wondering if its against the ToS to do so.

You are the person who started the most recent housing thread, which got merged a few days ago? I'm currently working on a player-housing project, where people can decorate their own estates for free (no joke). Every estate comes with a set of pre-crafted/purchased decorations, so you do not even need to bother about that.

Big question is, how much space do you need? I can offer one of three houses or a smaller palace-structure, which is basically a mini-guildhall. If you want to take a look, here is the advert

If you really want a full guildhall, that is totally fine.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

You are the person who started the most recent housing thread, which got merged a few days ago? I'm currently working on a player-housing project, where people can decorate their own estates for free (no joke). Every estate comes with a set of pre-crafted/purchased decorations, so you do not even need to bother about that.

Big question is, how much space do you need? I can offer one of three houses or a smaller palace-structure, which is basically a mini-guildhall. If you want to take a look, here is the advert

If you really want a full guildhall, that is totally fine.

Gotta say, cool solution 🙂

It is against the ToS to obtain a guildhall with anything but in game currency (gold).
Any ingame transactions outside the Tradepost you do on your own risk.

So in short, if the guildleader is not actively playing, it will be very hard to replace the leader. You can make such a request through support, but to be honest, it will be a longshot.

• Like 1