[Spear of Archemorus] Unable to hit moving target

guan.1829

14 minutes ago, guan.1829 said:

Please read the title of this article carefully! Complaining to me.

back on topic then, being spear 1 throw only if CC on the only hit would not do much damage, by the other hand making it CC with target tracking and then a  burst would make it quite to strong and easy to use.

I know what the topic title says i had the same issue and ive pointed wich ranges ive manage to perform well with it, after 600 range a minimal quite from the target would made the spear fail while caster and target are moving was just impossible to hit.

What if the spear would work more like a bali shot piercing targets in a line and have a lesser arc effect?

Edited by Aeolus.3615

22 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

back on topic then, being spear 1 throw only if CC on the only hit would not do much damage, by the other hand making it CC with target tracking and then a  burst would make it quite to strong and easy to use.

I know what the topic title says i had the same issue and ive pointed wich ranges ive manage to perform well with it, after 600 range a minimal quite from the target would made the spear fail while caster and target are moving was just impossible to hit.

What if the spear would work more like a bali shot piercing targets in a line and have a lesser arc effect?

DPS is adjustable! It's very easy to do.

Arenanet. It will be properly handled! It's not a hard thing to do.

[Spear of Archemorus] has a slow motion and a trajectory. It's very obvious.

We can also increase the power cast by 25 or 35... There's nothing to worry about.

It has to be balanced in the end.

Just now, guan.1829 said:

DPS is adjustable! It's very easy to do.

Arenanet. It will be properly handled! It's not a hard thing to do.

[Spear of Archemorus] has a slow motion and a trajectory. It's very obvious.

We can also increase the power cast by 25 or 35... There's nothing to worry about.

It has to be balanced in the end.

I just dont see it happen trully, reason they gave torment on it,  i feel they are expecting players to use it on already CC'ed targets 😕 but i might be being a denier at this point..

3 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

I just dont see it happen trully, reason they gave torment on it,  i feel they are expecting players to use it on already CC'ed targets 😕 but i might be being a denier at this point..

You can complain about anything. But. My idea is supposed to be a good one.

"Projectiles" are easy to block. So it's not as powerful as it seems!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, guan.1829 said:

"Projectiles" are easy to block. So it's not as powerful as it seems!

Well that's true.

One thing for sure if Anet does something like that or really makes it work like that, i want my small 5 man group pin sniping tags from 2k range 😄screw those blobers tags!!

edit: Ok now that i can imagine it... i would love to work this way ._.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

14 hours ago, guan.1829 said:

What?

The title of the article was. [Spear of Archemorus] Unable to hit moving target.

It should be changed to. The missile fires to track the target. Hit the target and apply the effect. [Immobilized]

OK. You posted 9,609 posts. You are a good Zerg player.

Yes, I read the title. What about it? Spear doesn't hit moving targets. Adding Immobilize to it doesn't fix that problem ... because the spear has to HIT the target to apply Immobilize. 

I'm not just a good Zerg player ... I also know how GW2 works. Really! I can teach you a lot.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

On 1/22/2022 at 2:20 AM, Aeolus.3615 said:

Also reason i said earlier that spear could have 2 spears on throw being the 1st one "no damage " and a CC  on target and the 2nd one the damage.

Multi-hit skills that have CC on any one of the hits also have 0 damage on ALL of the hits. Example: Ranger axe 4.

However, there is an anomaly: Scrapper hammer 5; the initial stun hit has no damage, but the following pulses do.

It is... weird.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Multi-hit skills that have CC on any one of the hits also have 0 damage on ALL of the hits. Example: Ranger axe 4.

However, there is an anomaly: Scrapper hammer 5; the initial stun hit has no damage, but the following pulses do.

It is... weird.

usually If theres multi hit  wich CC only the hit that cc's have tge potato damage treatment but the non CC hits of that skills would do normal damage, but if all hits cause CC then its has u say, at least that would be the logic of the low damage CC skils.

If only the 1st spear has CC the other arch spears animations could do damage wich is what  guan.1829 was talking about, to be similiar with rev ofhand sword 4.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 1/24/2022 at 1:25 PM, The Boz.2038 said:

Can you list some more of those skills? Cause Path of Scars entirely has no damage on it, even if only the return inflicts pull.

the skil that op  talks for example is one.

Tho path of scars is one hit,  Shackling Wave is several hits  but only  the 1st hit that roots/and cast vulnerability in the 1st second is a CC low damage hit  all other next hits on the same skill still do decent damage outside pve. 

IF spear becomes a rev sword 4 on 2k range that auto targets enemy on the 1st hit to CC than damage hit or hits i will see many  Land to Land combat like  like far away range t o spike one target alone like mobile artilery xD.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

the skil that op  talks for example is one.

Tho path of scars is one hit,  Shackling Wave is several hits  but only  the 1st hit that roots/and cast vulnerability in the 1st second is a CC low damage hit  all other next hits on the same skill still do decent damage outside pve. 

IF spear becomes a rev sword 4 on 2k range that auto targets enemy on the 1st hit to CC than damage hit or hits i will see many  Land to Land combat like  like far away range t o spike one target alone like mobile artilery xD.

[Legendary Dwarf Stance][Rite of the Great Dwarf] can be the same as this skill. Casting skills in WvW costs 40 energy

Edited by guan.1829

On 1/19/2022 at 1:26 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

Eh. So you dont hit with spear. Ur solution is to give it a knockback but u have to hit with it to knockback...? What exactly changed then? Aside from the reduced damage in pvp/wvw. 

I believe they want it buffed to be better when it does land, because of how hard it is to land. Making the risk more rewarding to justify the risk

On 1/20/2022 at 12:21 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

That's where player skill comes in ... at some min distance, Spear won't miss. Just like Eng mortar skills ... they tend to miss from far away but in melee range, they don't. I have no doubt it's designed like that on purpose .. including Spear. 

Unlike Mortar, Rev skills cost energy and aren't spamable

6 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I believe they want it buffed to be better when it does land, because of how hard it is to land. Making the risk more rewarding to justify the risk

Yea and thats a fair point, but the op suggested a knockback which does the opposite. Reducing the damage on pvp/wvw to 7 makes it one of the most useless skills in pvp/wvw. I mean it is hard to land a hit with it then AND if u land a hit it still does only 7 dmg.

The skill is too slow. There are 2 solutions:

1. more damage to make it more rewarding (maybe also reduced energy costs/cooldown)
  2. faster animation to make it able to land easier

Or even both.

However as I said, a cc just makes the opposite because the damage will be 0 in both pvp and wvw and skill will still be slow.

9 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Unlike Mortar, Rev skills cost energy and aren't spamable

True ... but that doesn't change the fact that the suggestion to add a CC to the spear so it hits a moving target doesn't make sense. 

I mean, if we are going to just talk about buffing Spear because of this risk ... I don't think CC is a sensible buff. Someone had suggested a tether concept ... that makes much more sense. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

8 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Yea and thats a fair point, but the op suggested a knockback which does the opposite. Reducing the damage on pvp/wvw to 7 makes it one of the most useless skills in pvp/wvw. I mean it is hard to land a hit with it then AND if u land a hit it still does only 7 dmg.

The skill is too slow. There are 2 solutions:

1. more damage to make it more rewarding (maybe also reduced energy costs/cooldown)
  2. faster animation to make it able to land easier

Or even both.

However as I said, a cc just makes the opposite because the damage will be 0 in both pvp and wvw and skill will still be slow.

I admit,  I also forgot about the CC damage nerf in WvW that would ruin this 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Thon.3780 said:

I think none of us can do unless you want to play snipe style . Then you have to sacrifice 2 sigil slot for 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Incapacitation

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Ice

or expand effect with

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Torment

OK. Let me ask you a question. Cast this Elite ability. How many energy values should be required.  

• Confused 1

Errs. Just my opinion 

i use criteria 

1  profession, battle style

2 damage and effect skill , and range

3 cd.

Skill may need 20 energy with 10 sec cd. Or 15-18 energy with 12 cd. To mange energy use.

20 energy and 12 cd. Make me think before use  but… some time it reasonable for 2000 range. Coz this skill seem to be 1st player skill that has 2000 range.

we can’t hope heavy armor with high ammo damage. It will op.

and for elite. Other than Rev. Almost elite from other profession have cd 40-90 sec some 120 sec. only warriors elite skill for close combat has less cd.

1 hour ago, Thon.3780 said:

Errs. Just my opinion 

i use criteria 

1  profession, battle style

2 damage and effect skill , and range

3 cd.

Skill may need 20 energy with 10 sec cd. Or 15-18 energy with 12 cd. To mange energy use.

20 energy and 12 cd. Make me think before use  but… some time it reasonable for 2000 range. Coz this skill seem to be 1st player skill that has 2000 range.

we can’t hope heavy armor with high ammo damage. It will op.

and for elite. Other than Rev. Almost elite from other profession have cd 40-90 sec some 120 sec. only warriors elite skill for close combat has less cd.

In fact. All you have to do is read my discussions with others. You'll find the answer.

• Confused 2

mmm i wouldnt mind arche skill being a skillshot, like dh longbow 3 i think it was, the thing is, if it is an auto target skill it should hit unless the target rolls, goes out of range or blocks the shot with something like terrain or smth(like autos on a range weapon), now about cc and dmg things, first things first torment needs to get out of the skill, like burn needs to get out of the explosion(on that one maybe a fire field if anything), now instead of torment you could either make it cc, like inmob or a push, or increase its dmg, id prefer increased dmg because im not a fan of an ultimate skill that just cc and because they could make gs3 pull enemies around you, the animation fits too, and then make spear deal dmg based on enemy health, like a 20% more dmg if under 50% healt or smth, basicaly an execute at long range, like a sniper,  even on wvw or pvp it could be good, and it wouldnt be broken theres tons of projectile bocks or skills that make shots rebound, so thats my take there.