[Spear of Archemorus] Unable to hit moving target

guan.1829

• This is Rev's unique skill. You should have Additional Strikes. Like Sword4 Skills. [Shackling Wave].

The missile tracks the target. Get your first target, Immobilize. In generating the Radius: 120 DPS.

• "Projectiles" are easy to block. So it's not as powerful as it seems! So now this skill needs to be modified.

Edited by guan.1829
  • Confused 3

The ultimate question is. [Spear of Archemorus] needs to change. Considering the new Rev's lack of control. [Spear of Archemorus] after modification. It should be pursued like a missile. And add control [Immobilize]   

Edited by guan.1829
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

If they give it CC they’re going to take ALL of its damage in WvW/PvP.  Their design philosophy now for 2 years is CC = no damage. This is not what the skill needs. Big nope from me fam 

Same here. Spear not tracking well does not mean it should CC. How would that solve the issue if the CC also needs to...land? 

My fav idea is still from @Infusion.7149 in that landing the spear would apply a tether-like effect that increases your damage on the tethered target.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Same here. Spear not tracking well does not mean it should CC. How would that solve the issue if the CC also needs to...land? 

My fav idea is still from @Infusion.7149 in that landing the spear would apply a tether-like effect that increases your damage on the tethered target.

Missile fire + [Immobilize]   

• Confused 4

10 hours ago, guan.1829 said:

Missile fire + [Immobilize]   

The quality of these posts sure is something to be desired. it's very hard to understand what (if anything) you are trying to express here. 

Putting the CC on the spear to increase it's chances to hit its target is an idea that won't work. The CC has to be applied BEFORE the spear hits the target, not during or after.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The quality of these posts sure is something to be desired. it's very hard to understand what (if anything) you are trying to express here. 

Putting the CC on the spear to increase it's chances to hit its target is an idea that won't work. The CC has to be applied BEFORE the spear hits the target, not during or after.

Also CC skills got damage reduced and  spear atm m8 do some decent damage, when it hits...the sad part is  at minimal target  kiting from the original cell when spear was casted  will miss the target.

(EDIT)If the Arch ghost casted 2spears while the 1st would CC and the 2nd do damage that could work tho, wwould be better than the torment i think.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

2 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Also CC skills got damage reduced and  spear m8 do some decent damage, when it hits...the sad part is  at minimal target  kiting from the original cell when spear was trogered will miss the target.

That's where player skill comes in ... at some min distance, Spear won't miss. Just like Eng mortar skills ... they tend to miss from far away but in melee range, they don't. I have no doubt it's designed like that on purpose .. including Spear. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's where player skill comes in ... at some min distance, Spear won't miss. Just like Eng mortar skills ... they tend to miss from far away but in melee range, they don't. I have no doubt it's designed like that on purpose .. including Spear. 

At some distance like.. 300-400 or maybe a chilled  target at 600.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

[Immobilize] DPS will not be reduced

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, guan.1829 said:

OK ... again, completely incomprehensible. No one has a clue about what you are trying to express here,

If you are implying to adding immobilize to spear so it hits its target ... you just don't understand how the game works. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, guan.1829 said:

Every CC skils in game barely do no damage outside PVE, some do 5 damage lihe hammer skill 5 on Revenant that's what Obtena is adverting.

Check the damage  diference between pve and WvW  on the Gw2 wiki

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drop_the_Hammer

once again.. IF CC, damage will be cuted outside PVE:

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OK ... again, completely incomprehensible. No one has a clue about what you are trying to express here,

If you are implying to adding immobilize to spear so it hits its target ... you just don't understand how the game works. 

What?

The title of the article was. [Spear of Archemorus] Unable to hit moving target.

It should be changed to. The missile fires to track the target. Hit the target and apply the effect. [Immobilized]

OK. You posted 9,609 posts. You are a good Zerg player.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, guan.1829 said:

Please read.

Sword4 skills. [Shackling Wave]

Why did you get involved in the Rev career discussion! You really don't know anything.

Lul

Guan u came here to bad trollign players that actually know what they are saying ... yet u should start the walk of shame moment.

Actually have been expecting that comment not the 1st time when talking about how some skill works.

And here is the wiki for u to study well how the skill works  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shackling_Wave

interpret well the skill...  and here its and advice  "it has several hits guess what hapens on the 1second  of the skill wich is the arround the initial 1st hit...."

And now the question how many hits this skill actually have and when the CC happens how  much is the quoficient of that hit???

Also reason i said earlier that spear could have 2 spears on throw being the 1st one "no damage " and a CC  on target and the 2nd one the damage.

EDIT: the 1st CC spear would be cool to actually KB target.

EDIT2: now that i think of could be exactly like that a barrage of spears being t he 1st one a CC  KB or somehthing with low quoficient on damage outside pve ofc.

well... LUL .. rev's nowadays if a skill do damage they dont even understand wich hits of the skill do damage... no wonder this game is a zerg fiesta.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Guan u came here to bad trollign players that actually know what they are saying ... yet u should start the walk of shame moment.

Actually have been expecting that comment not the 1st time when talking about how some skill works.

And here is the wiki for u to study well how the skill works  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shackling_Wave

interpret well the skill...  and here its and advice  "it has several hits guess what hapens on the 1second  of the skill wich is the arround the initial 1st hit...."

And now the question how many hits this skill actually have and when the CC happens how  much is the quoficient of that hit???

Also reason i said earlier that spear could have 2 spears on throw being the 1st one "no damage " and a CC  on target and the 2nd one the damage.

EDIT: the 1st CC spear would be cool to actually KB target.

EDIT2: now that i think of could be exactly like that a barrage of spears being t he 1st one a CC  KB or somehthing with low quoficient on damage outside pve ofc.

well... LUL .. rev's nowadays if a skill do damage they dont even understand wich hits of the skill do damage... no wonder this game is a zerg fiesta.

This is Rev's unique skill. You should have Additional Strikes. Like Sword4 Skills. [Shackling Wave].

The missile tracks the target. Get your first target, Immobilize. In generating the Radius: 120 DPS.

Really! I can teach you a lot.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, guan.1829 said:

This is Rev's unique skill. You should have Additional Strikes. Like Sword4 Skills. [Shackling Wave].

Really! I can teach you a lot.

kitten thats what people are saying.... are u real???? The 1st   hit barely has no damage thats the 1st cc and vulnerability happens, u would want every hit of the spear CC the target and do damage???? is that it?

Wouldnt make it to strong at this range? seriously?

Using sword sword and spear would be way way to strong....do u notice how broken it would be?

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

kitten thats what people are saying.... are u real???? The 1st   hit barely has no damage thats the 1st cc and vulnerability happens, u would want every hit of the spear CC the target and do damage???? is that it?

Wouldnt make it to strong at this range? seriously?

Using sword sword and spear would be way way to strong....do u notice how broken it would be?

Please read the title of this article carefully! Complaining to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1