[Suggestion] New mount - Lizard

PIONA.6985

Soo, I just got hit with so simple idea for a new mount and I just want to share it with you straight away(not sure if that's the right place), maybe you'll find it useful,

I got the idea when my raptor was lying down and I thought, "Hey would be so cool if there were some raptors crawling like lizards", then I thought, "Nooo wait, would be even better if there were lizard mounts on they own", then I remembered how skyscale catch the wall and how I always curse it just to climb up a little higher and hey, what if not to use some of these mechanics to work on the lizard climbing ability?
So there, as simple as it is:

Crawling, climbing LIZARD MOUNT, a mount that can climb the walls (of course, limited by endurance), if you want I can draw it out for you more precisely but I think that if you'd feel it you can already see it, there are so many ways for it's skills, masteries or skins! 
That would be such a refreshment for all the mount's too I think, well that's so simple I wonder if someone already didn't pull that out somewhere

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I'd rather have Anet spend resources on something else.
(Climbing is kinda moot when you have the Skyscale and the Springer, "wouldn't it be cool if" very rarely makes for a good stand alone argument, seeing that a new mount won't bring much new to the game I think ANet and by extension the polayers had more to gain where the necessary resources spent on improving existing features or fixing things.)

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

Well what I say there I didn't mean it as argument, it's more like an image of my idea origin, and speaking of cool, I think it would be totally cool to see people racing their way up flying, jumping and now walking 😁. Now you say Skyscale and Springer makes it kinda moot, well thinking that way I think you can say even more as for Gryphon and Skyscale flying right? Aren't mount's an existing feature which you say ArenaNet should work on, well to me it's one of the most fun features there and it's worth exploring, and I do think that this kind of mount would bring a new feeling to the existing world

As for Springer, Lizard climbing would be slightly different so we won't make springer jumping useless of course, as it is with mounts there it must have some pros and cons

Edited by PIONA.6985
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PIONA.6985 said:

Now you say Skyscale and Springer makes it kinda moot, well thinking that way I think you can say even more as for Gryphon and Skyscale flying right?

The gryphon was a "surprise" mount and is not required to complete content.  The skyscale is a legendary mount and also is not required to complete content.  The other PoF mounts are required to complete some PoF content.  So, no, it's not moot.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

We'd have climbing lizards if Skyscale wall latching wasn't awful and unwanted majority of the time.

(Still dunno why it isn't just a toggle like facets.)

Full spider-man tier climbing lizard would be more fun than bunny jumping though. Could even make it go upsidedown.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 3

I like the idea of a climbing mount, but I've heard part of the reason the spider mount was scrapped is that's what they wanted it to do and they couldn't get it working. Of course they've had a lot of time since then and it wouldn't be the first time something which was originally impossible to do in this game was created eventually. But maybe they decided the skyscale is a good enough equivalent and left it at that?

If they do create a new type of mount I think that's the obvious direction to go in (pun not intended). The siege turtle makes sense for EoD because Cantha had siege turtles in GW1 and a heavy duty 'tank' mount is something I've often seen suggested (although many players imagined it as a dolyak), but after that wall climbing could be a good addition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1