Thank you Devs for that great game.

maggux.4859

12 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

it most definitely does. And again, having some pay2win elements isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's what keeps whales in the game, which are the ones keeping the game alive 

Nope. You just don't understand the definition of the term. But go ahead and call it whatever feels right to you.  Personally, I'm going to call it pay to pizzazz because I like that word a lot. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 2/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, maggux.4859 said:

Hi

I just whant to say thank you for that great game.

What is that great game you are talking about, though? Or did you mean this game perchance? 😁

Edit @ confused people: Check this out. The same goes for "this" and "that", but I guess the joke was lost on you. 😪 Well, maybe next time. 😋

On 2/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, maggux.4859 said:

Im looking forward for the next 10k hours.

That's a lot of hours! 🙈 I'm  kinda scared now to look up own account's hours played. 😅

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 4

Indeed, OP, indeed. Thank you to devs, both old and new, gone and current. From GW1 to GW2.

This is a great game that has changed my life for the better (as I explained on the thread linked below).

As everything in life, NOTHING is perfect. Neither us nor the game. But in terms of MMOs and in my opinion, Guild Wars 2 is the one that comes the closest to that idea.

It's like what W. Churchill said about democracy. Not perfect, but we haven't come up with anything better.

Edited by Rivlet.9174
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

What is that great game you are talking about, though? Or did you mean this game perchance? 😁

Edit @ confused people: Check this out. The same goes for "this" and "that", but I guess the joke was lost on you. 😪 Well, maybe next time. 😋

Hi

yes sorry, English is not my 1st language. And on top of that I also have a read/write disorder. (funfact the correct word for it is to complicated to write for me.)

Auto-correction-functions helps a lot, but still have problems with such things like above.

regards

Markus

• Like 5

On 2/16/2022 at 5:07 AM, Vayne.8563 said:

Pay to win means paying for power. In many particularly grindy games, you pay to win by buying items in the gem store that are more powerful than what you can reasonably expect to get in game.  If you are able to buy power directly, the game is considered pay to win.

And that is EXACTLY what he was saying! You can infact buy Gold for Reallife money in Guildwars2! but that doesnt give you any power at all. because you can compete in 30 gold gear just as well as you can if you invested over 10k gold in legendarys.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, evlover.6270 said:

The game actually is heavily pay to win, you just didn't realise it yet. You can get Guild Wars core game keys for 4 euro. Buy 20 for 80 euro, daily login grants you 20 mystic coins/month or 240/year, on 20 accs that's 4800 mystic coins. Depending on the mystic coin price between 1.5-2g, that's between 7200 and 9600g/year for doing nothing at all.

80 euro, 5mins/day, best farm of the game. Broken to the core. How do you think streamers get their gold for giveaways if it doesn't come from donations? It's just a passive income made of mystic coins to fund everything.

(And this is just for a minor 80 euro, some people have over a 100 alt accounts)

YUP! there is alot of ways to cheese ALLOOOT of gold out of the game... but that doesnt lead anywhere. Gear is dirtcheap and money is pretty useless as soon as you geared a few toons. well not useless but i guess you guys understand what i mean^^

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That's a lot of hours! 🙈 I'm  kinda scared now to look up own account's hours played. 😅

It sounds like a lot but remember the game's 10th anniversary is in less than 6 months. Last time I looked I'd played for more than 7,200 hours but averaged out over the time I've been playing it works out as 2 hours per day. (In reality I sometimes play for 3-4 hours in a day and then sometimes don't log in at all, but the overall average is 2.)

On 2/15/2022 at 5:16 AM, maggux.4859 said:

Hi

I just whant to say thank you for that great game.

With my almoste 10k Hours playtime, Ive tried to tryout some other MMOs in the last Months.

But Im always comming back.

in gw2 you just can play together with other people. Its just simple and should be the goal of every MMO.

Things that make gw2 almost unique, and which are important for me

1. Megaserver: A friend starts to play your game. you can play together. In other MMOs, every of my friends are on different servers. 
  2. story and quests: You play the story, but its to lonely or you are to bad? you can play together. In other MMOs your not on the same queststep, or story-stuff is singleplayer.
  3. questing with randoms: no kill-loot stealing. .. your always happy to see other people. you can just play together. They dont steal your kills or  loot (some heartquests you still can, that makes me sad)
  4. Horizontal progression: Your real-live is getting busy?  You have to stop playing, comming back later. .. since gearlevel has not changed, you can play with your old friends together.
  5. no paytowin: others just cant pay to win the game. so you just can play together and dont be bothered, if the other has more money than you.
  6. Server downtimes: our raid-day is the patch day. If there is a server-maintenance, the old intances are still there for a couple of hours. so you just can play together, until the break fit into you schedule. Other mmos have downtime, queue times. .. very much stuff to hinder the people to play.

I probably can add the list to the endless, I just want to say thankyou for the wonderfull game you have created. And that your value the players time and schedule. and make it easy to play together.

Im looking forward for the next 10k hours.

regards

Markus

I'm so glad you're here with us! I love the game for all these reasons too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A game as extensive as the one with a candle to look for, m.

Amazing. I play 40 minutes a day, but every day. It's great how easy it is to get a quest group on every map (and I play Blacktide medium population), the story is amazing.

I've been playing for almost 6 years and it's basically the best game I have played, m. I have a lot of fun exploring the maps, npc dialogues at every turn, I try to listen to everyone.

The story is mixed with jokes and seriousness, and it's also very interesting, thanks for everything, m.

Edited by Mirror.3521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks to all of the incredibly talented elite players.

Your willingness to unselfishly, courteously and humbly lead/assist/educate/encourage/etc. average players like me is awe inspiring.

YOU make the game great.

Without you I, (and I'm sure many others), would have never stayed with the game.

..and yes I tip.

• Like 1