Disrupter, Easy Mode Mesmer

Justine.6351

Wvw roaming and just blanket people with power block interrupts for the lols,

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PizAEx3lZkxoiaJlsrAHaoOqLdJbA-zVJYiR9fh0XB1bUEeqqwJIk/WkfZD-w

Fair sustain, utility, hard and soft cc, range/melee, instant casts, stealth, invulnerable, condi cleanse, teleports, easy might/fury, huge vulnerability stacks, reflects and easy mode stomps.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Woltarion.6829 said:

What's the purpose of the healing mantra ? Even traited, this heals less than the other healing spells.

From a hps-perspective, sure. When fully charged, above 50%, it still heals slightly more than Mirror but provides more on demand condi removal. Below 50% health it is at least on par with 1 Clone Ether Feast so still and option for the condition removal. Additionally, he/she can spread out the healing with MoD due to the trait. Probably the only set up where it could be justified to use it.

Ā 

Still... I guess I'd just go for Signet for this build and Sympathetic Visage instead of the Mantra heal unless running in a small group. šŸ¤”

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Woltarion.6829 said:

What's the purpose of the healing mantra ? Even traited, this heals less than the other healing spells.

Its instant cast. You can proc shock aura while CCed. You can cleanse two conditions. Ally healing as well.

Edited by Justine.6351

3 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

This is a very standard core build lol, except i would use firework runes instead. Mesmer builds are not very creative because so many traits either simply suck or lack synergy.

The reason I play air runes is because of thieves mostly but also because of the shocking aura.

12 hours ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

From a hps-perspective, sure. When fully charged, above 50%, it still heals slightly more than Mirror but provides more on demand condi removal. Below 50% health it is at least on par with 1 Clone Ether Feast so still and option for the condition removal. Additionally, he/she can spread out the healing with MoD due to the trait. Probably the only set up where it could be justified to use it.

Ā 

Still... I guess I'd just go for Signet for this build and Sympathetic Visage instead of the Mantra heal unless running in a small group. šŸ¤”

I've used it to cleanse/heal guards as well to prevent rallies. The Signet heal giving distortion would be a nice option in some scenarios.

I'd consider myself a petty fresh Mesmer player (in WvW/PvP)Ā so tried this out and had a nice time with it. I have tried to like focus but I just can't seem to get the hang of it, but it makes sense with the build you have and the swiftness duration from the air runes fits in nicely. Lost about half my 1v1s to a decent Reaper but otherwise did not horrible solo roaming with it. I have been trying to learn Mes on core zerk Ill/Duel/Dom so having Inspiration as some added sustain is nice. Thanks for the share.

• Thanks 1

Iā€™m not a fan of taking inspiration or chaos on power Mesmer because it lowers the damage significantly. You get bit more sustain but eventually you cannot burst that hard and you will never compete with the meta roamers sustain-wise anyway. Itā€™s a decentĀ option for clapping more inexperienced roamers though and getting into the Mesmer class.

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

I'd consider myself a petty fresh Mesmer player (in WvW/PvP)Ā so tried this out and had a nice time with it. I have tried to like focus but I just can't seem to get the hang of it, but it makes sense with the build you have and the swiftness duration from the air runes fits in nicely. Lost about half my 1v1s to a decent Reaper but otherwise did not horrible solo roaming with it. I have been trying to learn Mes on core zerk Ill/Duel/Dom so having Inspiration as some added sustain is nice. Thanks for the share.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Mik.3401 said:

Iā€™m not a fan of taking inspiration or chaos on power Mesmer because it lowers the damage significantly. You get bit more sustain but eventually you cannot burst that hard and you will never compete with the meta roamers sustain-wise anyway. Itā€™s a decentĀ option for clapping more inexperienced roamers though and getting into the Mesmer class.

Yeah I too needed something beyond my pve full zerker chrono to really get into wvw as mesmer. Its hard to learn stuff when you just get blown up before you can think how to take a scenario. Typical power mesmer cannot be taking hits and expect to recover from it but this easy mode power mesmer can.

Focus is a different type of weapon. Its not so clear cut and dry because it packs a lot of utility that you need to learn and identify how and when to utilize it. Do you leave it up for its projectile reflect and when do you close it to interrupt the targetĀ and are you close enough to the pull point to burst or do you want to try and pull that thief that just went into stealth. Options to sift through in short order. I am still learning when and how to cast the phantasm. Currently I am thinking its best to use when a target is within 600 range of it so its not dying to projectiles just trying to run close to them first.

1 hour ago, Mik.3401 said:

I was able to take fights against some average to above average players. There is actually a fair amount of sustain weirdly enough and if you are interrupting them enough it will cut into theirs in return. You trade shatter damage for interrupt damage, 1k from sigil and 1k from power block. Rather than blowing them up for one big spike its balancing out the sustain and damage between the mesmer and the enemy.

3 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

To be honest, when Iā€™m in WvW and since Iā€™m there often helping out, when Iā€™m running Pwr Core, I take Chaos for the reduced Blind CD, the increase in stealth and boons incase I need to disengage and then the other trait which converts conditions to boons. One can switch the chaos for inspiration depending on playstyle, but regardless what Iā€™m trying to get at is that, running full burst in WvW wonā€™t matter point blank period.Ā 

With the amount of Minstrel gear running players out there and many classes with more evades/blocks etcā€¦, even if you got the jump on someone, it only takes one dodge or a quick block skill to interrupt the rest of the chain and then you have nothing left to defend yourself/recover.

So my only advise in terms of WvW if you wanna roam or help with clipping off the back line of enemy groups/zergs, definitely bring skills with: mobility, breakstun, condi cleanse and the sigils of cleansing and energy.Ā 

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tseison.4659 said:

To be honest, when Iā€™m in WvW and since Iā€™m there often helping out, when Iā€™m running Pwr Core, I take Chaos for the reduced Blind CD, the increase in stealth and boons incase I need to disengage and then the other trait which converts conditions to boons. One can switch the chaos for inspiration depending on playstyle, but regardless what Iā€™m trying to get at is that, running full burst in WvW wonā€™t matter point blank period.Ā 

With the amount of Minstrel gear running players out there and many classes with more evades/blocks etcā€¦, even if you got the jump on someone, it only takes one dodge or a quick block skill to interrupt the rest of the chain and then you have nothing left to defend yourself/recover.

So my only advise in terms of WvW if you wanna roam or help with clipping off the back line of enemy groups/zergs, definitely bring skills with: mobility, breakstun, condi cleanse and the sigils of cleansing and energy.Ā 

Blink into burst opener is so 2012 this is clear and I 100% agree it has no power anymore. But still 3 offensive trait lines are needed to make considerable impact. The cele meta may seem unbeatable but they do fall to well timed ,unexpected burst and boon strip.Ā I agree cleansing sigils and all the necessary utilities you mentioned are always needed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

Blink into burst opener is so 2012 this is clear and I 100% agree it has no power anymore. But still 3 offensive trait lines are needed to make considerable impact. The cele meta may seem unbeatable but they do fall to well timed ,unexpected burst and boon strip.Ā I agree cleansing sigils and all the necessary utilities you mentioned are always needed.

Which imo is where interrupts and power block come in. People rely on sustainĀ so if you start blowing holes in their sustain chain robot mode they start getting messed up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Which imo is where interrupts and power block come in. People rely on sustainĀ so if you start blowing holes in their sustain chain robot mode they start getting messed up.

I loved playing like that before HoT. Before CI was nerfed and we saw an inflation of Stab, evades and instant casts. Interupting an important skill feels so much more rewarding to me than blowing up IllusionsĀ šŸ„°

• Like 2