Waypoint costs are getting out of hand

Just add to the fractal mechant the Lion Arch Fractal Gate scroll they gave as a reward for last year's community fractal event.

There you go, one scroll for Arborstone and one scroll for LA.

If you don't have the LWS3-4 scrolls, another budget option would be the Aurene room teleporter in Auric basin (I don't remember if it was from regular story or LW story tho), and the eye of the north teleporter. Although those two teleporters bring you into an instance of AB/EOTN so you have to teleport out of it manually.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Baby Goth.4983 said:

Arenanet  should make all waypoints for free ( or max it out to 1 silver if traveling across regions ) , 'personal thoughts'

players are losing a lot of silver and gold  traveling across regions   , specially the long train groups that is farming the maps ,  if you calculate the the total amount of silver your paying just to keep up with the events schedule , you will end up spending 2-3 gold total per circler run.  🙃

I know that not much for some players ,  but for me that's too much  , daily achievement ( 2 gold )  always gone for just traveling.

and thank you for posting this topic , hope Arenanet find a good solution for this ...

While I'm doing that, how much am I making?  I abuse Fast Travel, just in Tyria, and doing dailies I still finish up with more cash than I had when I started.  If I actually work on map clearing while I'm at it, I make considerably more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm getting to the point now where I avoid them whenever possible. I got LW3 & 4 scrolls and Arborstone for EoD, and use those to get closer to stuff if need be to reduce the cost. It's kind of silly there's a whole metagame to avoiding waypoint costs. Like I started using Lake Doric scroll to get to Divinity's Reach, since I can do loading screens fairly fast and it's very cheap compared to getting a DR scroll which would take forever to pay off. Then I realized I could work on achievement for Eye of the North and also make it a base for my crafters, so I did that and just use that as my hub now, which I can scroll to easily with the IBS tome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1