Need help with Weight of the World

Can't figure out how to progress..

I've done the following:

• Room with 3 levers with some guards spawning
  • Pressure plate to grab hidden light panel
  • Grabbed the light panel from the room with a mech in the middle shooting shockwaves
  • Opened the door back to the main hall, defeated the guard that spawned

There's bedrooms on the upper floor I can access with my Jade Bot using the charges from the previous room, there's a lever that opens the door to the inner bedroom. Inside is a pressure plate, but I need to get up there myself to activate it. Interacting with the light in Taimi's room, or in the room with the first pressure plate closes the respective door, shutting me inside. Other than those, I have access to two charges, which isn't enough to active the three panels on the floor.

I'm stumped, what do I need to do to progress? I'm told I need the stairs up to the second floor, but I can't find a way to activate them.

Edited by Raccomunk.8562

In the upstairs inner bedroom, with the laser in the corner and pressure plate: I assume somehow I'm supposed to use the pressure plate to open the doors to the hallway so that the laser can shoot the jade shield on the opposite side of the second floor?  Or is the laser supposed to move, because it doesn't seem to move, just rotate.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT - Stand on the pressure plate and deploy the jade bot to stand in the open doorway as the target, positioned so the laser will hit the jade shield.

Edited by TheAgedGnome.7520
  • Like 1

Ia m also stuck here.

• did the room that changes with the lever, than moved to the room with the pressure plate that pops up for another battery cell, than grabbed the cell out of the shockwave room.
  • I even did the upstairs room (top left on the map) lever

Now I am stuck since i only have 2 cells (need 3 for the main hall door) i cant seem to do anything in tiami room

Once you go up the stairs and across the bridge how the heck are you suppose to get past the jade wall that moves 2 places? there are pressure plates but you can't get to them and the bot won't trigger them. ??? wait nvm just figured it out. 😞

omg though on this story step. why.....

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Outcast Creatures.5327 said:

I am also stuck here.

• did the room that changes with the lever, than moved to the room with the pressure plate that pops up for another battery cell, than grabbed the cell out of the shockwave room.
  • I even did the upstairs room (top left on the map) lever

Now I am stuck since i only have 2 cells (need 3 for the main hall door) i cant seem to do anything in tiami room

In the main room, on the left wall (your left, when facing where Joon stood), there is a charge to take.

Also, one bad thing I found is that it seems to be possible to add a charge when you already have a charge. Since we start off with Jade Bot being able to only hold 1 charge, the second charge overwrites the first, and you end up short a charge. I had to restart the story because of that. So be extremely careful of remembering when your Jade Bot already has a charge, to avoid this.

Anet should patch that so that if you already have a charge, it should refuse a second charge attempt. 

• Like 2

In the room with Tiami there is what appears to be a mirror or art work on the left side of the door she is looking at. You can summon your jade bot by hitting - and summon it. Fly threw the little window and right below the window is another charge you can grab to open the door.

Edited by Seanchai.2640

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Goettel.4389 said:

A hearty dislike to whoever thought up this dreadful chapter.

Agreed.  This is a miserably designed mission.  Tedious and non-intuitive and it really highlights how poor the jadebot controls are.

I've had friends who kept glitching into the surroundings too, so clearly this mission needs more work.

On 3/1/2022 at 3:31 PM, TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

In the upstairs inner bedroom, with the laser in the corner and pressure plate: I assume somehow I'm supposed to use the pressure plate to open the doors to the hallway so that the laser can shoot the jade shield on the opposite side of the second floor?  Or is the laser supposed to move, because it doesn't seem to move, just rotate.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT - Stand on the pressure plate and deploy the jade bot to stand in the open doorway as the target, positioned so the laser will hit the jade shield.

I have been trying this repeatedly and the laser is not hitting the jade shield.  Could it be bugged?

Edit.  After wasting too much time on this, it looks like it was bugged for me.  The part with the Deluxe Jade Tracker lasers you use to destroy the shield did not give me a third power core so I was one short.  Had to close game and log back in.  At least the game actually remembered where I was I didn't have to fight the trash mobs, an actual SAVE POINT in an MMO, how novel! 

Normally I would sing the praises of ANet for implementing a save points on the story but this mission was too wretched to make me feel good about it.

Edited by DoctorOverlord.8620
  • Like 2