Do you need flying mount ?

Hello,

I am wondering if we need a flying mount to access all the points of interests in the maps of EOF ? For instance there are some mastery points on top of sharp peaks that I can't access in the first map (example : near the cave where Aureen is recovering at the beginning). Am I doing something wrong and is there always a way to access them ?

Thanks for your answers

9 minutes ago, DerekKillik.2918 said:

I don't have PoF, does it mean that I can't finish 100% of the maps ? 

It's impossible for those ones for instance : 

https://assets.gamepur.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/21114132/Inkedgw030_LI-850x478.jpg

All the ones I've found so far, including these two, can be accessed with the springer.

Of course it's far too high to get up in 1 jump, but there's ledges along the way which you can jump up to. The ledges aren't all in a line so you'll need to jump up and then look to either side to see where the next ledge is, but it can be done.

I actually found the one by Crystal Cave easier with the springer than either the griffon or skyscale, because I was at sea level when I spotted the mastery point and getting up was quicker with the springer than with the skyscale (which also needs to land periodically to 'recharge' if it's going up a lot). Doing it with the griffon would have involved finding a high point to launch from, probably up by the palace. It can probably be done but would have involved going a long way around to get there.

The expansion as a whole is designed to work as a stand-alone release, not requiring you to play HoT or PoF first and apparently only gives you the raptor and springer, so I assume Anet checked when developing it that everything included is accessible with just those mounts.

• Like 1

Is there a rental springer? The OP said he doesn't have PoF. Can you get a springer w/o PoF?

I do have PoF, but I haven't played through it yet, just enough to unlock the raptor. I spent about half an hour playing around the Cat Island POI in Seitung, trying to see if I could figure out how to get up to the mastery point and, for the life of me, it doesn't seem possible without a springer or flying mount.

2 minutes ago, El Jefe.6213 said:

Is there a rental springer? The OP said he doesn't have PoF. Can you get a springer w/o PoF?

I do have PoF, but I haven't played through it yet, just enough to unlock the raptor. I spent about half an hour playing around the Cat Island POI in Seitung, trying to see if I could figure out how to get up to the mastery point and, for the life of me, it doesn't seem possible without a springer or flying mount.

Springer and raptor are unlockable in end of dragons per the devs. The thing you probably won’t get are the mastery tracks because those take path of fire mastery points. But you will have basic raptor and springer functionality. You won’t need to rent them as they are unlocked for you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You might try the Renown Heart in Grub Lane in New Kaineng City.  🤷‍♂️

Yeah I think that's the only option.

You do get pointed to it by the story, but it's relatively late in (late act 3 or early act 4) but as it's a renown heart you can do it at any time once you're in Kaineng.

28 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Completing  Help the East Precinct protect Grub Lane (80) will allow you to acquire a springer if you do not already have one.

That's incorrect. On my EOD-only account I was able to acquire it without completing that heart. You actually get the Springer after talking to Lieutenant Zhao before completing it, probably because you are supposed to use the Cannonball ability on the grubs on top of the roofs. Sadly the dialogue doesn't indicate which option rewards the Springer.

I'm not sure whether you need the Raptor first or not. I acquired that one beforehand.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:22 AM, DerekKillik.2918 said:

Do you know when we can unlock it in the storyline ?

From my own experience, you only need the initial story chapter that lands you in Cantha to unlock both mounts. Just walk/swim to NKC via the portal in the northern part of Seitung Province and head to both the hearts in the southern area of NKC. 

Btw, the Raptor doesn't require finishing the "Help the tengu of Cobble Ward restore their district" heart either. You just have to deliver three of the pressurized steam canisters by raptor and it's yours.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:33 AM, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

The thing you probably won’t get are the mastery tracks because those take path of fire mastery points.

That's correct. In practical terms that means that you won't be able to acquire and use High Vault on your Springer. Which most likely means that you won't be able to get certain Mastery Insights via mount.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:36 PM, DerekKillik.2918 said:

I don't have PoF, does it mean that I can't finish 100% of the maps ? 

From what I tested so far, you can complete the maps of Seitung Province, New Kaineng City (probably missing at least one MP), and most likely Echovalds Wild (haven't finished the map yet, but I got all Hero Points so far). However you will most likely not be able to finish the map of the Jade Sea without help from a friend since the Hero Point in the the northeast seems to be out of reach without High Vault. Maybe it works if you upgrade your Jade Bot, but I haven't done that yet on my EoD-only account.