Ally targeting

Opun.3824

You can disable enemy npc targeting with a key press. I'd be lying though if I told you that it helped much. You might end up forgetting to use siphon on the enemy boss if you can't select it.

There is otherwise nothing really you can do to make it easier. It's better to just not use it for ally healing unless you need to res someone with siphon.

21 hours ago, castillle.5248 said:

The only time I target allies is so that I dont shadowstep away from enemies when using sc+pistol 3.  I have the toggle set to down on my controller. 

Honestly its so annoying that Ill probably switch to scepter dagger.

I'd adore /pistol so much if they removed the shadowstep. They could make it aoe heal to compensate the loss of heal on shadowstep~ but even without the heal I'd like it more if it means no forced movement. It's annoying in both PvP and PvE.

If you're bad at clicking just bind the Closest Ally hot key and stand right on top of who you want to heal. It also helps keep the enemy from directly targetting them in competitive modes if they're relying on clicking, though it does mean you eat all the same area attacks they do.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

Does anyone else here have the problem where it targets mini's, minions, pets, npc's, basically anything besides the player you want to target? I've bound target next and previous ally but I find myself cycling through so many false targets before landing on the player I want its frustrating. Especially in big OW events. I play with action-camera on. 

5 hours ago, Sigerk.2897 said:

Does anyone else here have the problem where it targets mini's, minions, pets, npc's, basically anything besides the player you want to target? I've bound target next and previous ally but I find myself cycling through so many false targets before landing on the player I want its frustrating. Especially in big OW events. I play with action-camera on. 

of course.

Also every green character bodyblocks your /dagger 3.

19 hours ago, Sigerk.2897 said:

Thats the biggest problem, even when u bind next ally target, u target lots of minis, npc's, etc. - everything u dont want to target.

Didnt test in small scale content like fractals or strikes but shouldnt be problem if someone is used to healing in WOW :D.

When doing meta with lots of ppl and trying to click on someone, so u can revive them with Siphon, its lottery, and most of time u click something else, someone standing on top etc.

There should be option to target only ally PLAYERS, with semi-dead priority.

AND Anet should add some range indication to party / squad tab, often when i try to click someone in zerg, i simply cant coz this person is out of range ;/.

Well in the end coz scepter is new mechanic regarding single target healing, Anet should rework party UI, or some addons would be nice.

1 hour ago, Sigerk.2897 said:

Party ui really could do with a rework.

And yes, I dare anyone to play specter, stand at Dragon's End meta, and target what you want to target. I play with action camera, and that makes it even worse. 

Exactly this, was trying to revive someone durning this meta multiple times and 9/10 i click someone who is alive

I don't bother with ally targeting.  I run Trickery and Shadow Arts on my healing build, so I heal for 1,645 per shadowstep in an AoE.  Combine that with the barrier from stealth attacks, consume shadows, the barrier breaking from Shadestep, and Shadow Refuge's massive group heal, it keeps the group alive without me having to target a teammate.  Besides, the buffs from Thrill of the Crime and Bountiful Theft don't work if I use siphon on a teammate.

Maybe if I ever raid again I'll hook onto the team tank and focus on healing him, but otherwise for overworld and fractals I rarely ever use the target heals.