For those looking to farm shiny bauble in verdant brink this week.

I hope this is true and it would be a wonderful thing I wished for a long time.

No matter how many excuses you find to justify going up and down a slope for 45 minutes tagging veterans, VB bauble farm was never meant to be a viable gold farming activity, the meta itself wasn't meant to be played like this, no dev ever thought "and then 45 minutes of stoneheads!" when they developed the VB meta.

It's a lazy and cheap way of farming gold and it encourages AFK heralds (incoming 100 replies of "but it's not AFK if I'm within chat range!"). Finding new friends and chatting can be done in any map and any RP setting, nerfing VB won't kill all your friendships ingame. The gold/h ratio wasn't even that good compared to active AB meta during bauble week, and in AB you are actually meant to do the events to progress the meta, as intended by the devs, instead of pretending not to be AFK in a lone corner of the map.

People who did VB for the friends will find friends in 100 other maps. People who genuinely enjoyed tagging stoneheads can still do it (you don't do it for the gold right?), and people who did it for the lazy gold will try actually playing the game and looking for some more engaging and challenging meta with way higher rewards.

Thanks for the (un?)intended nerf, unironically! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Boh.4568 said:

The gold/h ratio wasn't even that good compared to active AB meta during bauble week, and in AB you are actually meant to do the events to progress the meta, as intended by the devs, instead of pretending not to be AFK in a lone corner of the map.

Jesus christ, this is where I stopped reading.

1. If the gold wasn't even good compared to AB Meta during Bauble week, Why the nerf? Again, it wasn't like afkers were getting much out of the deal. If I was meant to do events "As intended" Then surely I should get the same amount of bauble pre stealth nerf.

2. If VB was nerfed, then it is safe to assume AB got nerfed, Even if you're active. So this nerf effects all the HOT map, not just VB. VB is just more noticable since People farm Bauble there the most.

3. If This REALLY a pressing problem that, In your opinion, should be top priority. Why did it take over what? 7 years to nerf the shiny bauble farm? Because it wasn't a problem. It was never a problem. It didn't screw with the economy. Why do you care if people is able to make money out of VB? If you are actually offended at people making money, then you're more of a Snob than I thought.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, Boh.4568 said:

No matter how many excuses you find to justify going up and down a slope for 45 minutes tagging veterans, VB bauble farm was never meant to be a viable gold farming activity, the meta itself wasn't meant to be played like this, no dev ever thought "and then 45 minutes of stoneheads!" when they developed the VB meta.

And so they have waited only 2 years to change something.

24 minutes ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

It was obvious it would be nerfed once the lazy herald standing farm took over, that was fairly rare until last year or so. Passive farming should be nuked completely.

Participation based on hit (even minimal) and not boons would solve this and not hit active players.

Weirdest part is that there was no info in patchnotes. I joined bauble community as well, was chatting and running around. Yes, it was less gold than AB or Dragon Fall but also less work, easier to relax, chat and not feel like working. Felt fair tbh, you do less intense/work demanding stuff, you get less rewards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Uh, no.  They'll just go find another low effort/no effort farm.  You know the player base about as well as ANet does.  You and that other guy who thinks that this will miraculously make farmers start playing like you want them to.  They want to *farm*, they'll do it elsewhere.

Edited by Elden Arnaas.4870
clarification, typo
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2022 at 12:18 PM, Yanosh.2631 said:

Wait, does that mean the map bonus reward is essentially halved for only this map or across the board? Like, every other map as well?

Most likely they've just replaced half of the original Shiny Bauble "spots" with something else. Remember, that map bonus rewards are using what is essentially a WvW/SPvP reward track mechanic (think of it as each map having a separate reward track). You can't "halve" that track, but some of the drops on it can be replaced with different ones.

Notice, that, unless we know what the baubles have been replaced with, we don't really know whether it is a nerf or not. They might have replaced them with something of similar value, but whose value does not come from direct vendoring. Which would actually be smart - Anet probably does not want too many sources of direct, liquid gold in the game. Having most of the potential wealth come from stuff that needs to be sold on TP first (thus reducing the overall gold amount in the game) is much better for them.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...