Jade Maw Event in Dragon's End and Harassment. P.S. Don't Bully Players.

I'm not posting screen shots of chat logs or giving attention to specific people; my goal of this post is to say be kinder to people and don't bully players over an event like Jade Maw in the DE Map,  just because the event scales poorly to 10+ people. Yet . . . hasn't that been the point of GuildWars2, playing events with others?

So I was working on Saddle for my Siege Turtle Mount and I was waiting with some other players for the Jade Maw Event to spawn. I've played this game for so long I just naturally popped a Mentor Tag, 'cause that's kind of what you do for events? I stopped reading chat at that point (to focus on throwing charged jade at Jade Maw) and the players that were waiting with me- wanted me to take down my tag. Eventually Jade Maw got to 50% and then the Event scaled up a lot and couldn't be finished within the remaining time frame because of all the players.

After it failed those players I mentioned previously began to further mock me and throw blame, I quickly blocked them and waypointed away before I saw further harassment if there was any more or none.

I wanted to make a post about this so at least, Arena Net, can fix the scaling of the Jade Maw Event, and from what I understand it'll also be required for a lot of collections so I do believe this should be a higher priority to fix- 'cause I think this thread will not be the only one with complaints about it.

Thanks for reading. <3

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tearthy Flame.1463 said:

I'm not posting screen shots of chat logs or giving attention to specific people; my goal of this post is to say be kinder to people and don't bully players over an event like Jade Maw in the DE Map,  just because the event scales poorly to 10+ people. Yet . . . hasn't that been the point of GuildWars2, playing events with others?

So I was working on Saddle for my Siege Turtle Mount and I was waiting with some other players for the Jade Maw Event to spawn. I've played this game for so long I just naturally popped a Mentor Tag, 'cause that's kind of what you do for events? I stopped reading chat at that point (to focus on throwing charged jade at Jade Maw) and the players that were waiting with me- wanted me to take down my tag. Eventually Jade Maw got to 50% and then the Event scaled up a lot and couldn't be finished within the remaining time frame because of all the players.

After it failed those players I mentioned previously began to further mock me and throw blame, I quickly blocked them and waypointed away before I saw further harassment if there was any more or none.

I wanted to make a post about this so at least, Arena Net, can fix the scaling of the Jade Maw Event, and from what I understand it'll also be required for a lot of collections so I do believe this should be a higher priority to fix- 'cause I think this thread will not be the only one with complaints about it.

Thanks for reading. ❤️

Sincere Sympathies to you.

To be legitimate, I wish ANet would fix the behavioral Code of Conduct as well.
As a Pure Charr player, I have been Bullied and Harrassed for 7 years (Started in 2015), until I decided to swap my display name (which also broke the APIs, my Friendlist and my Guilds Affairs (having 4 guilds is a tedious work y'know) around to avoid the lash of nonesensical players.
Multiple reports have been sent across the years...
And... ANet hasn't budge a single finger on that in all those years.

Got to say, the illusion of GW2 having the friendliest community is quite a dream lost quite a while ago.

I am not kidding when I say the message that pass from ANet inaction in that situation is asif they are allowing and condoning this toxic behavior towards others, which made me a bit less incline to participate in group event things...

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

Honestly the event has no place in open world or even in fractals. Its the dullest of all the fractals and giving it a timer in open world is just hilarious to me (there is no timer in the fractal). Also the area in which the shards hit are hard to see due to all the particle vomit.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/4/2022 at 5:21 PM, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

As a Pure Charr player, I have been Bullied and Harrassed for 7 years (Started in 2015), until I decided to swap my display name (which also broke the APIs, my Friendlist and my Guilds Affairs (having 4 guilds is a tedious work y'know) around to avoid the lash of nonesensical players.

I really dont understand how playing charr make u beeing bullied o.o i play 100% on charr and all people tell me is how cute i look like with my cat ears. 

• Like 2

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that sort of behavior. No one deserves that, regardless of how an event goes. The maw definitely needs better scaling, not just to alleviate tension, but also to make it achievable for the big groups of people that tend to be on DE right now.

Also, as a tip: Waiting for the meta to be mostly through and then zoning in to DE has helped me land on super empty overflow maps. I mostly use it for fishing peacefully, but it's also how I managed to get a successful maw event w/maybe 10 or so people at most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm so glad you brought this up as a Mentor.  I haven't played a while and obvs came back to play end of dragons only to find the chat extremely toxic.  i don't know if it is specifically Dragon's end map that has sparked this (with the no progress achievements or the difficulty of events causing people to be frustrated and aggressive) but as a long time player, this was EXTREMELY off-putting to the point that I just didn't want to play for a few weeks in the hopes it will calm down after ANet has fixed some bugs.

I was disappointed to find that this toxicity is now apparent on all the maps and it seems just is just how people act when they don't get what they want.  Agree with other comments here stating ANet needs to address the code of conduct.  What a disappointment really.  I was so excited about the expansion and honestly, the community has just ruined that. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DragonGoddess.8974 said:

I'm so glad you brought this up as a Mentor.  I haven't played a while and obvs came back to play end of dragons only to find the chat extremely toxic.  i don't know if it is specifically Dragon's end map that has sparked this (with the no progress achievements or the difficulty of events causing people to be frustrated and aggressive) but as a long time player, this was EXTREMELY off-putting to the point that I just didn't want to play for a few weeks in the hopes it will calm down after ANet has fixed some bugs.

I was disappointed to find that this toxicity is now apparent on all the maps and it seems just is just how people act when they don't get what they want.  Agree with other comments here stating ANet needs to address the code of conduct.  What a disappointment really.  I was so excited about the expansion and honestly, the community has just ruined that. 

to be fair, when people fail an event/meta for the 10th time for reasons outside their control, the toxicity is understandable

The Maw event needs fixing badly. As it stands, you actually don't want a commander or mentor because of the broken scaling (which is why people may assume you're trolling), but you also need just enough people around to actually complete the event. People are visiting DE specifically for the Maw and leaving after, disrupting the flow of the meta prep by extension. Couple this with the fact that the Maw is not properly awarding loot/the item required to get the new mount and the whole experience is garbage for everyone involved.

People shouldn't be harassing other players of course, but I see exactly why it's happening. This situation is on ArenaNet to fix, not the community.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 11:10 AM, Tearthy Flame.1463 said:
  1. I just naturally popped a Mentor Tag, 'cause that's kind of what you do for events?
  2. I stopped reading chat at that point (to focus on throwing charged jade at Jade Maw) and the players that were waiting with me- wanted me to take down my tag.
  3. ...Then the Event scaled up a lot and couldn't be finished within the remaining time frame because of all the players.

Blame anet for bad scaling, but when you popped your mentor tag more people joined the event, increasing the scaling. Ignoring chat didn't help either. As soon as it scales too high doing the event is just a waste of time. So their frustration sounds a bit warranted. Obviously idk what exactly they said to you, but if you popped your tag causing the event to scale up, which then caused the event to fail...

• Confused 1