Obtaining Antique Summoning Stone

So I heard you can obtain it via vendor but 5 stones per week. And we need 100 for legendary weapon crafting, so need 20 weeks or 4 months. If not doing events and opening chests for unusual coins, and not doing strikes. Then it's 2 per week, making it 50 weeks, or less, which is 12 months. 

Is there any other way to obtain them (not to)? Assuming there isn't any other way, since they locked a key feature of expansion behind a big hardest open world meta. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, mythical.6315 said:

Those with alt accounts that have access to Cantha will be making a ton of gold. 

considering EoD isn't bundled with PoF/HoT, specially buying EoD for this probably isnt worth it, as time passes expect the stone price to drop, probably stablises around 5-10g

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

considering EoD isn't bundled with PoF/HoT, specially buying EoD for this probably isnt worth it, as time passes expect the stone price to drop, probably stablises around 5-10g

It would be definitely worth it over the long term. That’s an extra 100-200G per month. Spending $30 on gems is worth 563G so you break even in about 3-6 months depending on where the price falls. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You're forgetting that said alt accounts can get 40 mystic coins a month from the EoD Strikes.

3 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

It would be definitely worth it over the long term. That’s an extra 100-200G per month. Spending $30 on gems is worth 563G so you break even in about 3-6 months depending on where the price falls. 

good points, but there's a time cost to the stones, only one viable for multiple alts is really just the 1g, so that's only 1/week.

bad ones:

1. 10 strike shards, one strike, but you'll have to find a group willing to take a low mastery, low AP lv80, and spend 10-20mins on a strike
  2. 10 usual coins. This thing is suprisingly hard to get, at least i havent found a way to farm them, even if we get a route for them in the future, you'll prob need some masteries and mounts
  3. 100 imperial favor. again not easy to farm, one event gets you like 15 including the writ.
  4. 7000 karma, unless you spend a week farming wintersday karma, each event gives like 500?

end of the day i welcome people who make alts for this, they help drive down the price = more legendaries for everyone, but it's very high effort and can feel like a 2nd job every day

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

good points, but there's a time cost to the stones, only one viable for multiple alts is really just the 1g, so that's only 1/week.

bad ones:

1. 10 strike shards, one strike, but you'll have to find a group willing to take a low mastery, low AP lv80, and spend 10-20mins on a strike

You overestimate there. It's a strike, not a raid, they're pretty pug friendly.

1. 10 usual coins. This thing is suprisingly hard to get, at least i havent found a way to farm them, even if we get a route for them in the future, you'll prob need some masteries and mounts

Open 10 chests. Yes you'll need masteries, but those aren't too hard to get.

1. 100 imperial favor. again not easy to farm, one event gets you like 15 including the writ.

True, that one will probably be the harder one to farm on an alt account.

1. 7000 karma, unless you spend a week farming wintersday karma, each event gives like 500?

You'd get them too from strikes though right?

end of the day i welcome people who make alts for this, they help drive down the price = more legendaries for everyone, but it's very high effort and can feel like a 2nd job every day

It would probably only amount to something like an extra 15 minutes a day once the accounts are setup to do it.

FWIW I would not do this and farm the MC from the strikes at the same time though, but if you're doing the strikes on alts then you can also easily get 3-4 of the stones that week as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I do agree the should give a lot of alternative for this drop. Not overdropping like Memories of Aurene but more like 1 per day thing doing strikes or something else. Problem right now timegating this item have dangerousTP marketing play. That item can rise 10g within 12h and then go drop back cause market players and the fact that items is timegated per week. So big ritch people can actualy buy everything in the market and own it.

• Sad 1

On 3/9/2022 at 11:35 AM, Peterson.5172 said:

bad ones:

2. 10 usual coins. This thing is suprisingly hard to get, at least i havent found a way to farm them, even if we get a route for them in the future, you'll prob need some masteries and mounts
  3. 100 imperial favor. again not easy to farm, one event gets you like 15 including the writ.
  4. 7000 karma, unless you spend a week farming wintersday karma, each event gives like 500?

the only hard part for me is 1G. lol

1. there are 4 strikes, only one is hard. so if you want for 3 strikes in 1 weeks, you has 7 weeks green shards to exchange.

2. 10 usual coin, just put 1 charater on the Kaining city JP, every day open the chest, you will get 4 usual coin, and 1 weeks =28 coins, and you just need 10 coins per weeks.

3. 100 imperial favor, you can use writ of experience to exchange, and doing event for it. right now, i has 2000 imperial favor and many writ of experiences. only do the meta, you will get a lot of imperial favor. karma also can exchange writ of experience.

4. everyday tequatl , you have many karma. last times, (3 months ago, i used out the karma, right now, I has 3.6 millions karma.)

I don't know how hard for it. it is just sleepy to get the Antique Summoning Stone per week.

On 3/9/2022 at 11:35 AM, Peterson.5172 said:

bad ones:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, alantsui.4906 said:

the only hard part for me is 1G. lol

1. there are 4 strikes, only one is hard. so if you want for 3 strikes in 1 weeks, you has 7 weeks green shards to exchange.

2. 10 usual coin, just put 1 charater on the Kaining city JP, every day open the chest, you will get 4 usual coin, and 1 weeks =28 coins, and you just need 10 coins per weeks.

3. 100 imperial favor, you can use writ of experience to exchange, and doing event for it. right now, i has 2000 imperial favor and many writ of experiences. only do the meta, you will get a lot of imperial favor. karma also can exchange writ of experience.

4. everyday tequatl , you have many karma. last times, (3 months ago, i used out the karma, right now, I has 3.6 millions karma.)

I don't know how hard for it. it is just sleepy to get the Antique Summoning Stone per week.

you are talking about your main account, which you spend hundreds/thousands of hrs on, very different to buying EOD for $30 for alt accounts

1. you'll struggle to get into decent strike groups with no AP/mastery
  2. unless you want to run the JP every week, you'll need 2x lv80 chars, you only get one for buying the expansion. Leveling a new char to lv80 on a new account takes about 10-15hrs minimum. you wont have mounts etc. on this new acct either
  3. say 1 event = 1 writ + 10 favor, you'll need about 6-7 events/30mins
  4. if you do 1 and 3 you should have enough karma for this
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

And let's not forget the setup :

Get Eod

Finish the whole storyline of it

Get 20 mastery points

Fully leveled the Arborstone mastery. 

For reference, the solution proposed by most people to "kill" the alt account MC farm was to put it behind the daily... 

I could clearly see some people doing it with 1 or 2 alt account, but I don't think it will be more than that

• Sad 1

As someone who has a lot of alt-accounts including an EoD-only one, let me share some of my thoughts with you.

2 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

unless you want to run the JP every week, you'll need 2x lv80 chars, you only get one for buying the expansion. Leveling a new char to lv80 on a new account takes about 10-15hrs minimum. you wont have mounts etc. on this new acct either

Every EoD-only account gets the basic glider after completing the intro mission to Cantha for the first time. You can acquire both a basic Raptor and a basic Springer in NKC without much hassle. After you arrive just walk/swim to the portal to NKC in the northern part of Seitung Province.

The Raptor is rewarded after delivering three steam canisters as part of the "Help the tengu of Cobble Ward restore their district" heart. You don't even have to finish the heart (unless it was changed with today's patch).

The Springer is even easier to get. Talk to "Lieutenant Zhao" who is the vendor for the "Help the East Precinct protect Grub Lane" heart, click through her dialogue until she gives you the Springer. Done, no heart completion needed either (unless Anet changed it today).

On 3/9/2022 at 8:35 PM, Peterson.5172 said:

7000 karma, unless you spend a week farming wintersday karma, each event gives like 500?

Too be completely honest, I've no idea why people think 7000 karma is hard to get for an alt account, even a new one. As suggested before, just complete Tequatl once a week and it will reward ~15k karma. An experienced multi-accounter usually parks some lowbies in the cities near a vista for the vista viewer daily when logging in for the daily reward. Unless you are really unlucky that's usually 5k karma a week. You also want to do some of the repeatable hero challenges for unusual coins and writs anyway which means that you will drown in karma once you get the hang of it. After you have done next Winter's Day as multiplier event, EoD-only alt accounts should barely need karma farming assuming that Antique Summoning Stones are still a money maker.

Personally I don't think that strikes are that great from a time investment perspective. Unless you have friends or a guild that can carry you through them in less than 30 minutes every week, you are probably better off buying more EoD-only accounts once they are discounted.

Keep in mind that averaged over a one year period, assuming that you log into the game at least 364 out of 365 days, you make a little under 2g at the currently awful TP prices per day from login-rewards alone. Since the average login event* takes something between 50 and 70 seconds one can easily make 100g/hour per day with enough accounts.

I don't really have a breakdown for the average time it takes to get 3 or 4 Antique Summoning Stones per week yet, but I doubt that gold/hour per day will be noticeably higher than just adding more accounts for login rewards. However, since managing more than 30 - 35 accounts** on a daily basis can be quite a pain, it is probably more convenient for many people to go for the EoD-only route.

2 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

And let's not forget the setup :

Get Eod

Finish the whole storyline of it

Get 20 mastery points

Fully leveled the Arborstone mastery. 

You should also get some core mastery points for the auto-looting perk and a few EoD masteries for the first tiers of fishing, the skiff and the Jade Bot, because you will waste XP otherwise and some perks are actually useful like the on-demand updraft from the bot. You can easily get 30 EoD MPs anyway, therefore it's no big deal to use them on your way through the zones.

The main problem is the amount of time it takes to get enough XP for the Arborstone masteries once you have finished the story. Depending on your knowledge of the new zones, frequency of events and the class you boosted to 80, it might take something like 48h to 72h of playtime to get there, maybe even longer if you are not familiar with the long winded paths you have to take with the Raptor and Springer instead of a Skyscale.

Notes:

* For me a login event is the time required between clicking on the account in the gw2launcher GUI, logging into a character, clicking the reward box and logging out again until I'm back at the desktop. You can do parallel logins if your system is fast enough (a NVMe SSD and 4 CPU threads + 6GB RAM per account recommended), but since the game has a flood protection the average time stays roughly the same anyway.

** The sweet-spot for multi-accounting is around 30 - 35 accounts, because the flood protection of the login-server starts throttling your logins once you log into the game with more than 20 different accounts from the same IP-address within a 4 hour window. If you have more accounts, I'd advise to change your IP-address after 25 logins to keep the high gold/hour rate. Avoid VPNs though, but that's another story... 😇

Edited by TheWaternymphHC.1847
typos and clarification