Heal Mechanist - Burst Heal?

Sarius.9285

So Mechanist finally made me love engineer, especially the support Boon/Heal Build.

But something I think I struggle with, is having no Burst Heal. You have alot of regen and constant heal with the Medkit, but I always feel like I'm missing something like Druid Avatar or HFB Tome 2/Staff 4

5 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

So Mechanist finally made me love engineer, especially the support Boon/Heal Build.

But something I think I struggle with, is having no Burst Heal. You have alot of regen and constant heal with the Medkit, but I always feel like I'm missing something like Druid Avatar or HFB Tome 2/Staff 4

Burst heal is up to your teammates. Everyone has their own healing skills that they should use when they are below the critical threshold. Your job is to keep people above 75%. If they fall below that, it's their job to dodge and/or use their heal skills.

29 minutes ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

Burst heal is up to your teammates. Everyone has their own healing skills that they should use when they are below the critical threshold. Your job is to keep people above 75%. If they fall below that, it's their job to dodge and/or use their heal skills.

I mean like in Encounters like VG greens for example, or a messed up Sabetha time bomb etc. where you normally just use a burst heal afterwards 

As mechanist you want keep up barrier insted of heal, but if you need heal you use Elixir gun 5+Mortal 5 (also healing turret insted of med kit)

with correct stats you spam 1030 barrier per hit upkeeping overall 5k barrier on your team

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PejAk6lZwaZuMPWKeyTbRVA-zxIYwoh/MqWBkuEwuzS7fWA-e

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

also, the statement having "no burst-heal" is not entirely true. 
Medkit 2 would be quite a strong burst-heal that does ~2k healing per bandage (or ~10k healing if every bandage hits) in a single cast if taken instead of healing turret.
you also do have the water-field blast combo in the medkit and mortar kit+Elixir Gun

The resulting Area Heal from the combo does 1320+(Healing Power)*0,2 healing to 5 targets, so 1320+(1840*0,2) = 1688 Healing per blast finisher and for 5 targets each (so a total of 8440 Healing PER COMBO) without having outgoing healing-modifiers calculated in (since they are not accounted for in the values in gw2skills). And you can use it twice (once with for example cleansing field+Infusion Bomb from medkit, and once from Elixir Shell from mortar kit + acid bomb from Elixir gun and cancelling the EG aftercast). and if you need even more, shield 4 double-cast also has a blast-finisher, so that´s another opportunity for a juicy 8k heal-burst.

Note: all stats used are referring to the build posted by noah, with healing-turret exchanged for medkit. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 12:38 PM, Sarius.9285 said:

Question are you refering to barrier? or heal as in regen or both? and are you able to do like 2500 hp regens? cause i've seen 2500 something from a mechanist in a raid the guy did die trying to keep his team alive.