loved vindicator.

ugrakarma.9416

Im a GreatSword lover, my main was warrior, but the class was so trashed in recent years that im migrating to vindicator.

Vindicator is what i wanted, a simple, heavy, offensive spec.

i was used to low sustain of other rev builds, then i started with a marauder, then i had see a potential for a great DPS.

i will try  berserker later, any build to extremy glass cannon vindicator? marauder is too "safe".

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2

Despite some flaws like the lack of CC and bugged skill 3 on Greatsword's ranged closer,

I been getting attached to this elite spec. I can see it getting nerfed into the ground like Druid was when it first came out in HoT. 

Iam scared to continue playing it now. The nerf is going to be killer. 

Edited by Knighthonor.4061
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 1:59 PM, Telgum.6071 said:

I don't like having just one dodge but for now I'm sticking to it.

But I have the feeling of greatsword skills not hitting when they should.

Just for fun, I'm playing around with GS/GS with energy runes, and the vigor trait. You can keep up fury with 100% crit, and dodge quite a bit, with very little downtime on the dodges. It's not optimal, but the dodge crit hits pretty hard, and you're flying around like Cecil in FF2, so I have fun.

4 hours ago, Klowdy.3126 said:

Just for fun, I'm playing around with GS/GS with energy runes, and the vigor trait. You can keep up fury with 100% crit, and dodge quite a bit, with very little downtime on the dodges. It's not optimal, but the dodge crit hits pretty hard, and you're flying around like Cecil in FF2, so I have fun.

Where are you getting your fury uptime from?

2 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

Fury is super easy for the spec to generate (easier than Renegade).  Invocation traitline gives fury on legend swap and on disable (Reaver’s Rage, Jade Winds).  Alliance stance gives it on Scavenger’s Burst with longer durations per enemy hit. Shiro gives it on Riposting Shadows. Pack Runes are an additional option if you desire more and with minimal damage loss 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054

On 3/9/2022 at 10:47 PM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Despite some flaws like the lack of CC and bugged skill 3 on Greatsword's ranged closer,

I been getting attached to this elite spec. I can see it getting nerfed into the ground like Druid was when it first came out in HoT. 

Iam scared to continue playing it now. The nerf is going to be killer. 

why would they nerf it?  i mean golem benchmarks are around 36-37k dmg wich is good but nothing out of this world, it lacks cc itself(yeah i knoe about staff but staff would thrash your dmg to like 30k so) then you have much less survival than other clases one evade, gs4 is a block but has cd and energy costs, no combo fields even if it has combo finishers, i mean yeah you could use jalis or maybe mallynx to have that cc and fields but just think about it, we have renegade for that, it has fields cc 2 evades and the dmg difference is like 2k at most, im sorry but i dont see why would anyone change from warrior to vindicator, moreso when warrior has been and still is one of the best classes out there.

If anything vindi should get a couple buffs, like cc on gs, a fire field on scavenger burst and more dmg on the spear(yep spear has the same dmg as nomads advance and less dmg than the dps evade, why? dunno) i dont play pvp nor wvw usually but i think those changes would be good even there, maybe vindi would need a little nerf in pvp and wvw but as far as pve is concerned its just inferior to renegade, maybe making evades of 75 energy instead of 100 would be better? dunno

6 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

For that build, I'm running alliance, and stay in that most of the time. Red has perma fury with burst (4 second duration with a 3 second CD), like Lucian said. I've gotten very used to checking on it, so I make sure to have it up before every jump for sure, but obviously strive for 100% (which usually doesn't happen, because why care at the end of a fight, lol). 

My biggest issue with the build is it seems like the trait that gives might when applying fury isn't working. I've watched it in and out of combat, and it doesn't seem to give me might, at least not with the alliance ability. So nice they can fix the bugs that help us, but totally ignore the ones that hurt the class, like abilities swapping position, or the alliance defaulting to blue 90% of the time. 

• Thanks 1