Dragon's End Meta = I'm Done

3 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Imagine spending 10+ years with the franchise and not learning that making friends and playing with guilds actually improves the experience. 

imagine having a casual game with plenty of players, and then turning it into a hardcore grindfest (with much fewer players)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

So you'd rather the series change genres to benefit your personal style? 

What are you on about? "The series change genres...."? What does that even mean? Genre, in GW2's case, is fantasy. I think you mean "mechancs". I'm not saying they should change the mechanics, just that I don't lke the mechanics.  There's a difference.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Ah yes, the infamous 'skill check' last seen in Heart of Thorns, first observed when players arrived in Orr. It would appear that Arena Net over estimated the desire of players to work together to eventually succeed. B-but I didn't win! I didn't. WIN! Scream the players who thought this was a massively solo RPG. Why?! They shout, why couldn't we just get everything on a silver platter?! Oh. Arena Net. How dare you introduce the spectre of failure to... whatever the gaming community has become.

PS it's fine try again it's just a game you can't win every time

Wow. Talk about not understanding the issue, nor the history of GW2. HoT was nerfed. Orr was nerfed.

People just want to play a game. If they want a challenge, they can go play Elden Ring and spend hours on one boss. 

If all that is left playing GW2 are hardcore players with tons of time on their hands, there won't be many people left.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, misterman.1530 said:

What are you on about? "The series change genres...."? What does that even mean? Genre, in GW2's case, is fantasy. I think you mean "mechancs". I'm not saying they should change the mechanics, just that I don't lke the mechanics.  There's a difference.

The genre is MMORPG. You're clearly not looking for an MMORPG experience 

• Confused 11

1 hour ago, misterman.1530 said:

Wow. Talk about not understanding the issue, nor the history of GW2. HoT was nerfed. Orr was nerfed.

People just want to play a game. If they want a challenge, they can go play Elden Ring and spend hours on one boss. 

If all that is left playing GW2 are hardcore players with tons of time on their hands, there won't be many people left.

No. People want to tackle challenges with other players and feel the thrill of victory as a team. That's what MMORPGs are all about. 

• Confused 11
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

imagine having a casual game with plenty of players, and then turning it into a hardcore grindfest (with much fewer players)

A game with plenty of players but very little challenging content begs the question why have a multiplayer game at all?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:

A game with plenty of players but very little challenging content begs the question why have a multiplayer game at all?

1.just because i dont shake hands with every person in the street, doesnt mean i want to live on a deserted island.

2.do i have to explain the difference between  singleplayer and mmos? 

one has actual life in it, the other doesnt, and good mmos gets updated constantly

3.it is a weel know fact, that only a minority plays the hardcore content, so why did YOU chose to play mmos?

specially an mmo, that SOLD as casual...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

1.just because i dont shake hands with every person in the street, doesnt mean i want to live on a deserted island.

2.do i have to explain the difference between  singleplayer and mmos? 

one has actual life in it, the other doesnt, and good mmos gets updated constantly

3.it is a weel know fact, that only a minority plays the hardcore content, so why did YOU chose to play mmos?

specially an mmo, that SOLD as casual...

What if you're the minority? In the actual game I see DE run constantly, strikes fill up near instantly, and on Monday it's easy to hop into a pug raid group. I'm casual, btw. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

No. People want to tackle challenges with other players and feel the thrill of victory as a team. That's what MMORPGs are all about. 

dungeons,fractals, raids,strikes, metas, world bosses..seems to me, that they have already given you enough attention.

and good luck on getting that group without a sufficient influx of new players

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/10/2022 at 4:35 AM, Izzy.2951 said:

Well i dont see a reason for making all content zero challenging and easy, first your gonna get things fast and stop playing and second is boring. Thats maybe why gw2 has not been at any time a leader in the MMO scene.

Which is weird since more people are saying they’re quitting than before, by far. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

Really? Estimated daily player population has dropped 300K since EoD was released. Back to pre-EoD levels. Hardly a good sign. People took one look and gave a collective...meh

Player count doesn't matter. This isn't a subscription game. The ammount of gems sold is the only thing that matters as far as Arenanet employees keeping their jobs. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

considering anets own comments on the matter, and how the raids fared, thats actually hilarious

raids are doing great. What other MMO plays raids 5+ years old? The only reason it's sort of died down is because anet isn't making more of them and a good chunk of the playerbase already has legendary armor. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, battledrone.8315 said:

a niche game , founded by whales, there are plenty of those around. too bad, that it happened to this game.

If it was a 14.99/mo game, development priorities may have been different. alas, anet knows exactly what type of player buys gems. 

• Confused 5

7 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

raids are doing great. What other MMO plays raids 5+ years old? The only reason it's sort of died down is because anet isn't making more of them and a good chunk of the playerbase already has legendary armor. 

i only raid in dcuo, so i dont know about other games.

and i dont have to do old content there, we get new raids 4 times a year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Player count doesn't matter. This isn't a subscription game. The ammount of gems sold is the only thing that matters as far as Arenanet employees keeping their jobs. 

Um. The greater the number of active players, the greater the number of potential gem buyers. If Anet can't engage and retain players, this game is in trouble.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

Um. The greater the number of active players, the greater the number of potential gem buyers. If Anet can't engage and retain players, this game is in trouble.

I guarantee the equation is more complicated than that. 99.99% of players don't post on the forum.

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Confused 6

On 3/9/2022 at 11:04 PM, Cameryn.5310 said:

I've been playing since before HoT came out and I've loved this game, I have one of every class at max level, I got all of them through PoF and enjoyed the bounty trains and open world stuff, love world bosses. I tuned into every live stream from Guild Chat, I was there watching Rubi host the devs and designers.  I was watching when Connor killed the cat (noooo!!!!)  I'm your target demographic, someone who plays a lot and buys a LOT of stuff from your shop.

But I have now reached my limit... the DE meta has completely broken my spirit.

I just spent almost two hours on an organized map, with three different squads doing all three lanes, got everything tied up and reached the platform... did everything we could including lots of CC... and failed.  Again. 

Another DE meta failure.  Another waste of my time.  Another event with nothing to show for it.  Another failed chance at getting the start of my turtle mount.  Fail.  Over and over again.

I'm sure there will be people here who tell me to "get gud".  I'm sure there will be toxic players coming here to say it's not hard and they've beaten it 8,437 times.  But that's not my experience.  That's not my guildies' experience.  That's not the experience of the people on the map who were literally just saying that the past two patches have FAILED to address it.

ArenaNet, the Dragon's End meta is not working.  All you have to do is play the game in that zone to find out why.  Maps have become battlegrounds between groups trying to organize meta chains and failing to get all their people in because the maps are full, and large swathes of players who don't want to do the meta and refuse to leave the maps because they have every right to play there, which of course they have every right to do... but that makes it even worse.  So people are now being blamed for not being elite players, meta groups are kicking people because they don't bring "alac or quick," and toxicity is VASTLY on the rise because of this conflict... and it seems nobody at ArenaNet is listening.  There's always toxicity in games, but I've never seen it this bad in GW2.  You created what should have been a fun event but is completely undermined by the fact that most of your players aren't raiders, then you put it into the open world and didn't plan ahead for the map issues and toxic behavior, and it's become such a waste of energy that all the people with their turtles will probably give it up in a few weeks.

Please... Rubi, somebody, tell your developers you're crushing the spirits of your players, the longer this goes on.  Stop listening solely to the people who are coming here saying it's easy and they've beaten it with five minutes to spare or whatever it is they tell themselves at night to keep warm.  Much of the rest of your player base is fed up, and it's only been two weeks since launch.  I'm so crushed by this that I don't even want to play anymore.

P.S. I just saw Josh's official posts tonight.  They kind of prove to me that ArenaNet seems to be well aware of the issues and doesn't care, because this isn't just about the siege turtle egg, and it isn't about being a "challenge".  Tequatl isn't 90-120 minutes of time investment; the Octovine isn't failed by a few people not CCing or having the right alacrity or quickness buffs or not grabbing the CC from the United Legions table; and other open world content never demands that we all have 10% completion and maxxed out buffs.  Please stop learning the wrong lessons from our feedback.

Does that mean you're deleting your account and never coming back, or that you're just doing the normal thing, and taking a break, because you own the game, and it has not subscription? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1