Dragon's End Meta = I'm Done

1 minute ago, Peterson.5172 said:

i agree with you, but they didnt actually need to until this meta.

Anet shouldve increased the difficulty slowly over the last 10 years, they didnt. and put 10 years' worth of learning in one go

This meta is truly not as difficult as people are making it out to be. Honestly. Y'all make it out like you need a master's degree to figure out to target a tail or a head when the nice plant lady says hit the tail or the head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Well, it does better on the RP side and casual side with more activities there that lead to less combat stuff which not everyone cares for. It also has a better housing and decorating system than GW2 which lacks a proper housing and building your own way. There is more to games than just gameplay. RP and housing play a big part of some games. Not saying GW2 is worse than FF14, but GW2 is also not better than FF14. Each game has their strengths and weaknesses. GW2 lacks the RP venue social aspect is what I am getting at.

Rp is something people do when there's no actual content...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Rp is something people do when there's no actual content...

No. Rp is something you do when people want to RP. It has nothing to do with content at all. You can just RP and skip all content that would be perfectly fine. You see there is thing called people have different interests when they play MMOs. Mine is Rp and yours is not.

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Metricos.5617 said:

This meta is truly not as difficult as people are making it out to be. Honestly. Y'all make it out like you need a master's degree to figure out to target a tail or a head when the nice plant lady says hit the tail or the head.

i agree, it's very do-able if you:

1. have a meta-ish build
  2. get on discord / find an organised group with subgroups and boons
  3. prepare 2 hrs in advance
  4. be prepared to fail half the times (maybe rng or maybe the group as a whole isnt good enough)

with each condition you'll have people who dont want to do them for one reason or another. And end of the day this is a game, where "want" means more than logic

Edited by Peterson.5172
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

FFXIV? The gear treadmill homgenized game with zero creativity in terms of gameplay? You're either a healer, dps, or tank. No builds. No fun stats, no active gameplay. The game that has no interesting open world activities whatsoever?  The game where you do the same boring dungeon for months for tokens for higher ilvl gear just so they become outdated next patch and all your time is invalidated? The game where everyone does the exact same as everyone else? Lol?

Meanwhile GW2 is busy trying to be "creative" that it ended as an infuriating mess with EoD. Can't dazzle everyone with creativity when they can't even hit the "basics" of game design down. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Peterson.5172 said:

1. have a meta-ish build
  4. be prepared to fail half the times (maybe rng or maybe the group as a whole isnt good enough)

The meta literally includes the pre so that you can get a ton of offense/defense buffs. Of course you should use them. If you have discord, great! That's ALSO HELPFUL. Otherwise, again, the NPCs literally tell you what to do. The game is asking the bare minimum of effort from you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Meanwhile GW2 is busy trying to be "creative" that it ended as an infuriating mess with EoD. Can't dazzle everyone with creativity when they can't even hit the "basics" of game design down. 

Pick what you want. I prefer creativity over homgenized

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Metricos.5617 said:

The meta literally includes the pre so that you can get a ton of offense/defense buffs. Of course you should use them. If you have discord, great! That's ALSO HELPFUL. Otherwise, again, the NPCs literally tell you what to do. The game is asking the bare minimum of effort from you.

for the most part, i agree with you, but clearly majority of the playerbase doesn't for one reason or another

I havent done the meta since the most recent nerf, when i was doing it, all the good groups recruited and filled 2 hrs in advance, if you tried to join a group 1 hr in advance, you are pretty much guaranteed to fail. I've even seen the pre-meta fail before...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

1. have a meta-ish build

with each condition you'll have people who dont want to do them for one reason or another. And end of the day this is a game, where "want" means more than logic

And yet again, asking for a mixed bag of players of different skills level and commitment to suddenly be "organized" is not something you'd expect in an Open World setting where everyone can do whatever the heck they want.

And again, this has nothing to do with being organized either. Plenty of organized groups have failed this meta because of how it's designed to waste time on the final boss. Not everyone has 2 hours to waste on a meta that's completely RNG based by design. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Peterson.5172 said:

for the most part, i agree with you, but clearly majority of the playerbase doesn't for one reason or another

I havent done the meta since the most recent nerf, when i was doing it, all the good groups recruited and filled 2 hrs in advance, if you tried to join a group 1 hr in advance, you are pretty much guaranteed to fail. I've even seen the pre-meta fail before...

Get a guild together. Get a discord together. Get friends together. You're able to fill a map too. Those groups just did it before you. There are literally people on the forums asking people to join their groups and discord servers so they can help people like you get a turtle. So make use of your available resources and go get it done. Stop asking ANet to change the game so you don't have to try.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

And yet again, asking for a mixed bag of players of different skills level and commitment to suddenly be "organized" is not something you'd expect in an Open World setting where everyone can do whatever the heck they want.

And again, this has nothing to do with being organized either. Plenty of organized groups have failed this meta because of how it's designed to waste time on the final boss. Not everyone has 2 hours to waste on a meta that's completely RNG based by design. 

ye anet shouldve made a harder instance version like dragonstorm, a 50-people raid option. but this whole expansion feels a bit rushed so probably asking for too much from the start

i can see the rng element being interesting, "a new and different fight every time" concept, just very poorly executed

• Sad 1

Ah yes, the infamous 'skill check' last seen in Heart of Thorns, first observed when players arrived in Orr. It would appear that Arena Net over estimated the desire of players to work together to eventually succeed. B-but I didn't win! I didn't. WIN! Scream the players who thought this was a massively solo RPG. Why?! They shout, why couldn't we just get everything on a silver platter?! Oh. Arena Net. How dare you introduce the spectre of failure to... whatever the gaming community has become.

PS it's fine try again it's just a game you can't win every time

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Peterson.5172 said:

ye anet shouldve made a harder instance version like dragonstorm, a 50-people raid option. but this whole expansion feels a bit rushed so probably asking for too much from the start

i can see the rng element being interesting, "a new and different fight every time" concept, just very poorly executed

That's essentially what it boils down to. Despite people hating on it, IBS had the basics down when it came to certain content and still maintained some level of creativity when it came to mechanics. Dragon Response Missions and Dragonstorm both had Squad and Public runs which were balanced to provide challenge for organized groups without compromising the mixed bag of players in a public setting. 

2 minutes ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Ah yes, the infamous 'skill check' last seen in Heart of Thorns, first observed when players arrived in Orr. It would appear that Arena Net over estimated the desire of players to work together to eventually succeed. B-but I didn't win! I didn't. WIN! Scream the players who thought this was a massively solo RPG. Why?! They shout, why couldn't we just get everything on a silver platter?! Oh. Arena Net. How dare you introduce the spectre of failure to... whatever the gaming community has become.

So how exactly is RNG telling people they'll be stuck in a whirlpool or bubble for over half the time in their run count as a "skill check"? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I been playing since GW 1 and the original GW2 Beta. I'm also done. This is a perfect example of grinding and getting nowhere. Wasted my money on the "End Of Dragons" and will not be back. I have played this meta 9 times and never came close (and I am gud). Yesterday with a good commander, better then 25 people in 3 squads, and still could not get within 10% of the final challenge.  This is ridiculous. Too many little side events to disrupt the flow, not enough time and complicated by oddball scenarios. At least you could see an end while pursuing a Skyscale, this has no end. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, James.5632 said:

I been playing since GW 1 and the original GW2 Beta. I'm also done. This is a perfect example of grinding and getting nowhere. Wasted my money on the "End Of Dragons" and will not be back. I have played this meta 9 times and never came close (and I am gud). Yesterday with a good commander, better then 25 people in 3 squads, and still could not get within 10% of the final challenge.  This is ridiculous. Too many little side events to disrupt the flow, not enough time and complicated by oddball scenarios. At least you could see an end while pursuing a Skyscale, this has no end. 

Imagine spending 10+ years with the franchise and not learning that making friends and playing with guilds actually improves the experience. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 11

13 minutes ago, James.5632 said:

Yup. I saw the writing on the wall when they released Dragon Response Missions. Such poor design, and dull, that I cannot believe I pre-purchased EOD. I started it, and am still in the starting area. Took one look at "fishing" and said, yup, I'm out. When you lock stuff behind Metas that require a Project Manager to coordinate and a time sink of several hours is when I've had enough.

I honestly wish I could sell my account to some poor, unsuspecting soul.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Imagine spending 10+ years with the franchise and not learning that making friends and playing with guilds actually improves the experience. 

Imagine not having the time to schedule a raid-like coordinated effort. Every guild I'm in is strictly WvW.  I just want to drop in, do some stuff, and get out. I don't want to have formal training sessions and spend hours a week on this past-time. I have a life that doesn't revolve around GW2. Imagine not having that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I've been trying this event for a week but only have time for 1 or 2 runs a night. Dragon Stand and Dragon Fall are challenging and you don't always win but at least you do win!. Dragon's End has actually made me rage quit. They need to give us more time to be able to stand a chance completing it.

Edited by Nekoyasha.9365
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

Imagine not having the time to schedule a raid-like coordinated effort. Every guild I'm in is strictly WvW.  I just want to drop in, do some stuff, and get out. I don't want to have formal training sessions and spend hours a week on this past-time. I have a life that doesn't revolve around GW2. Imagine not having that.

So you'd rather the series change genres to benefit your personal style? 

• Confused 12
  • Sad 1

Me and my guild regularly tag world bosses and events. I play everyday.  I've been playing since gw1 - I've played gw2 since launch - I've lived through every expac & world boss launch and have remained a steadfast fan through all the highs and lows.  I have 9 fully geared/specced toons that I know how to play with great builds from snow crows/metabattle, I have all ascended or legendary gear - I do CM fractals, dungeons, strikes and raids  - I don't shrink from wipes or asshurt when I don't get my way and as a bonus -  I just recently lived through 3 rounds of intense chemo, serious kitten surgery, radiation & antibody therapy for over 18 months for metastatic breast kitten that nearly cost me my life - needless to say I'm a kitten kitten & this community saw me thru it all!

I  Just tired organized fail attempt 11 on the DE meata:  HARDSTUCK came to the map I was on and I was so thrilled! I was finally gonna beat this meta!  I did 25 pre-events before they even showed up - I asked to join the squad to help out as soon I saw the HARDSTUCK tag - I conveyed that I know the fight, I have the gear, I already had 10 stacks of contrib, an hour & half of offence/defence bot buffs - I was told to get off the map - I wasn't wanted or needed.  I'm crushed y'all -  This is not the community I know and love  - WTF is happening?!! 

Edited by Luscious.9358
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Got a random DC and lost my map after spending all that time doing the prep events. Don't feel like doing it again and even on our map there were people telling those doing the meta to leave because it was a fishing map. Then there's the endless cycling of LFG and maps being full. Gave up, going to go play something else since I'm finding myself again frustrated with this experience

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

i agree with the op, i would be done too, you complete de 3 times, take a break and then wack in the face another hard task a strike mission your forced to do to complete the turtle, not worth wasting another 60 hours for a a turtle you earned doing the meta 31 times and failed 3 times and passed only 3 times on the de meta just for the the first egg,  66 hours for the first egg, wow, then  win 2 more times and then your like i will work on this and help others the next day and wack in the face a strike mission that wastes your entire team from phase 2-4 then start over and over till people say this isnt right and leave for other games.

so i know the feeling.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/9/2022 at 10:04 PM, Cameryn.5310 said:

I 100% agree with Cameryn. ArenaNet made the last story episode easy mode by turning on the god mode. Which was disappointing. It should have at least have had some challenge since your going up against the mother of all dragons. And then made this meta impossible to pass with a PUG group. I'm done with this. Maybe in a couple months when every player has suffered through this meta and figured it out then I'll return and try again. Until then I'm uninstalling. Goodbye!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

its funny, because they actually had to nerf both of those examples SEVERAL times. 

and most of the players, who bought hot wanted more core game

but please continue, ncsoft have plenty of experience in dealing with hardcore games

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1