Dichotomy achievement - Completed Dragon's End Meta event as Revenant and did not receive progress

Happened around 13:49 PST, playing as a renegade, and it's the first successful meta of the day, was trapped in Soo-won's bubbles right before she dies, left clicked the chest and made sure that I see the icon for Vindicator's Authorization Papers , accepted the reward but I did not receive the item or any progress to the achievement. Hours of time wasted.

• Like 1

All the rewards were clicked but there was no credit for vindicator's authorization papers. This was the issue. So unless the item is a random drop, we should have gotten the credit for it. So my guess is it's a bug. Would be nice if someone from anet would share their take on this. 

I honestly am getting ptsd from trying that event.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Husky.4589 said:

I met the same issue yesterday.....

Finally completed DE meta with my Vindicator, got all the meta rewards but "Vindicator's Authorization Paper"..

I'm sure it's the first win within 24hrs.

I'm sure I used a revenant...

I reported a bug and being told to do the meta again......

Just wondering if mesmers and revenants do anything wrong? why they have to complete DE meta to get the specialization weapons...

It just happend to me too. I was only in it for the collection but didn't recieve the rewards. mind you i was also stuck in the bubble just before soo wong died. I did over 7 tries now with 1 complete and i really don't want to do another one again in the near future as it is really exhausting and takes a lot of concentration.

You can now  just purchase the story unlock from the peddler for Imperial Favor. It is not even necessary to do the meta anymore as long as you already beat it on your account.

See https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vindicator's_Feat

If you mean https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vindicator's_Authorization_Papers
the answer that the support staff gave you is probably the right course of action as I had the collection unlock on both mesmer and revenant. There might be some kind of activity check , make sure you are damaging the boss at all phases. If for some reason it is in the daily reward I would try on a different day as well.

Also this statistic suggests it isn't terribly bugged as at least 1K people completed the achievement in its entirety https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.search=dichotomy

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For extra annoyance to get some of these collection items it needs to be your first time completing it since the last daily reset.

Edit: Just completed a DE and did not get it either. Was the first completion of the day. Maybe purchasing the Feat was an issue and it need to be done a second time or something. As for "enough damage or not ...", at least 500k per phase around 2.3 million total.

Edited by Khisanth.2948

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...