I Strongly Dislike Most Of The EoD Achievements That Reward Mastery Points.

I kept trying to find EoD Mastery Points I wanted to do, I managed to obtain some, just enough to be missing 11 points I need in order to finish Arborstone masteries. I know there's way over 11 achievements that reward MP, yet they don't look fun at all and defeat me with how annoying they'd be to complete. There's a lot of these Lore achievements that feel like really bad and boring Quests, I'd rather go to point A to B through K, not start up another achievement about Flowers and that flower is in a story instance from a living world!? But Whay? (Also from a Snowden Event)

Reference: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_End_of_the_Celestial_Ministry

Maybe I'd understand this more if I was doing a Legendary Collection, waiting for events and ect. But it just comes off as very annoying and arbitrary for a single Mastery Point. I honestly don't want to give a baby turtle 11 legendary fish 'cause they contain materials I'd like to have. I'm also boggled by the fact that Fishing Achievements don't have a single Mastery Point, just please? There's literally 30 achievements for a Cod Title and a Spiritwood Pole; It'd be nice to have a Tier Achievement that'll reward Mastery Points for how many fish you've caught in total and maybe expand that to how many specific Rarities of Fish you've caught. Anything, somewhere in Fishing I can obtain my remaining 11 MP. In general I'd love to have more Fishing Achievements. ❤️

So, to you guys in the community, are you annoyed by EoD achievements too?
I'd like to throw foods at a Chef again, I miss those days...

Thanks for Reading. ❤️

• Like 9
  • Confused 5

well i focused on easy, i did history(give some, but i dont remenber how many) + all masteries POIS from maps... the i left with 3 lacking, so i was forced to do strikes for it, luckly theres 3 "easy" strikes, them completed the 11.

But im not figuring out what i get that u didnt, to u still lacking 11, instead of 3. i will check my game later and return here.

But i didnt have the turtle yet, its seems it unlocks some.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

im back, what i did:

• all histories: 15
  • all masteries POIS: 45
  • unlock fishing, skiff: 2
  • easy map metas: seitung+kaineng 2.
  • seitung jumping trainig(very easy jp): 1
  • ecovalds the haunted court: 1(didnt remember what is this, but i focus easy stuff). 
  • "easy" strikes: 3.

total: 69.

lets check whats required to masteries til arbostone complete:

• fishing: 20
  • skiff:14
  • jade bot:15
  • ecovald: 20

total: 69.

Oh yeah, is seems thats the way to have them all(except turtle) skipping the "hard ones".

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

I will agree most of the collections are quite involved compared to most we have seen before.  I really enjoyed them when I finally got to finish most of them though.  Very nice little story bits. 

There is a couple easy achievements hidden behind the guise of harder stuff.  At least I found the Echovald's Haunted Court, Altar, and Perch all easily soloable and the events you have to manually start yourself, so they are often ready.  These are actually needed to be completed for another collection and I had no idea they were so easy till I got to that point.

If you like fishing you could save up the Legendary fish needed for A Strange Diet too (fish list is on the wiki).  Once its not bugged at least.

Building a Better bot is also not too involved.  Nothing too hard locked in it.

Edited by Katreyn.4218
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Katreyn.4218 said:

I will agree most of the collections are quite involved compared to most we have seen before.  I really enjoyed them when I finally got to finish most of them though.  Very nice little story bits. 

There is a couple easy achievements hidden behind the guise of harder stuff.  At least I found the Echovald's Haunted Court, Altar, and Perch all easily soloable and the events you have to manually start yourself, so they are often ready.  These are actually needed to be completed for another collection and I had no idea they were so easy till I got to that point.

If you like fishing you could save up the Legendary fish needed for A Strange Diet too (fish list is on the wiki).  Once its not bugged at least.

Building a Better bot is also not too involved.  Nothing too hard locked in it.

To me, it comes down to a personal preference on how I'd want to obtain Mastery Points. But I tried my best at getting some, I did do the Puzzles in both maps and the door puzzle. Sorry I don't know the names off the top of my head, since they're so new. Also the Building A Better Bot, and 3 Strike Missions. I will admit too not being used to this type of achievement structure, and that may be what made me get very frustrated. I'll also sigh in defeat when I look at the DE achievements. Yet again this is just me.

It's a drastic difference from Anet placing all these super easy MP's all over the maps and HP's, and the fact that I got so many from the Maps and Story made it quite fun to allocate my points. I don't know another way to describe it, it feels so different from HoT and PoF, and what Anet normally did in LW.

Honestly I've never seen so many achievements trying to do the same thing all at once and maybe that's what I dislike the most, a very odd copy paste nature that isn't fun to me at all.

I've rambled enough, thanks for replying and reading. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Thankfully I checked the wiki before I tried any of these, needless to say I'm not going to camp in one spot for an hour waiting for an event to spawn, repeat ad nauseam.

Including events I've done before but didn't count because apparently it now matters what order we do these in. It doesn't even make sense if they wnated to make it a "story" becaue... I've... already... done it and it repeats on timer anyway, so what's the point? If you want to make it a story just make a story instance.

Definition of preparing to having fun, except there's no fun.

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 5

I was able to obtain enough Mastery Points to pay for all the Masteries that I want by completing all the maps on one character and completing the story on a different character, bumbling around here and there. However that only works for me because I don't care about some of them.

I have all of the Masteries except the final Jadebot one and all of the turtle mount line; Just skipping the turtle entirely, as it's locked behind content that doesn't interest me (did the same with the Skyscale) and it doesn't seem useful or fun anyway; Not keen on the forced res Jadebot thing, so I am content to skip it - lived this long without it! 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatwi.3562 said:

I was able to obtain enough Mastery Points to pay for all the Masteries that I want by completing all the maps on one character and completing the story on a different character, bumbling around here and there. However that only works for me because I don't care about some of them.

I have all of the Masteries except the final Jadebot one and all of the turtle mount line; Just skipping the turtle entirely, as it's locked behind content that doesn't interest me (did the same with the Skyscale) and it doesn't seem useful or fun anyway; Not keen on the forced res Jadebot thing, so I am content to skip it - lived this long without it! 🙂

You really should get the skyscale.  best mount in the game.

I'm also skipping the turtle,

The jade bot isn't a forced rez. It replaces your bandage skill. If you use it, you'll have access to your bandage skill for 10 minutes  then it replaces the skill again. Its basically a much faster bandage. 

At OP, I agree some of these mastery point achieves, are indeed very annoying and some are difficult.

I did the collections for enjoyment, not to farm MP, so I was predisposed not to find it burdensome.

I completed all the new EoDs masteries in about 1.75 weeks. I didn’t really have to try for any mastery points until the last 10-12 points, when I had run out. Most of them I got through doing map completetion or simply being curious/active in events.

Personally I have loved the achievements and collections available post-EoD story. Most of them are great side quests that help fill out the story, especially Looking Back and [redacted], The Unlucky.

Edit: I will say though, End of the Celestial Ministry is *a lot* of work for very little pay off. I wasn’t really satisfied by its resolution. The other achievements were good fun though, even if some were unfortunately gated by a successful DE meta.

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 1