So no changes to DE meta?

No acknowledgements in the update notes of the changes they promised to make, I've had 2 runs since the update where the boss STILL does back to back bites 3-4 times in a row during tail phases, still unpuggable and I gurantee if Anet weren't being so disrespectful about our time and released the numbers we'd be seeing a fail rate well over 80%. Sure we can buy the turtle now, but why the ever loving kitten should any single one of us putting in the effort have to grind that out and spend resources for something we can do in one go but are routinely denied because Anet refuses to acknowledge they kittened up by making an event the vast majority of the playerbase simply can't be arsed to do.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

I thought the changes were hot fixes and all made last week. 

They promised further changes in today's update alongside being able to buy the egg for DE writs. The egg was made available, but the only changes to the meta event are a pause for the timer during lengthy npc chatter in the pre-boss events. That, and as I said the same day-one isse with the boss causing literal impossible runs due to back-to-back bites still not only persists but is common.

Edited by Draxian.7945
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

So all of us that easily beat it

As if that's because of individual talent and not having access to large groups of organised players. Nobody is regularly clearing this fight with pugged maps.

Edited by Draxian.7945
  • Like 25
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, mythical.6315 said:

You can have a high rate of success with the right commander. All of my wins have been from commanders who split players off into subgroups of five rather than have everyone lumped under a single group. 

Organisation helps, but the best commander in the world can't carry 30 people dying to every slam or a grand total of 5 people bringing CC.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

You can have a high rate of success with the right commander. All of my wins have been from commanders who split players off into subgroups of five rather than have everyone lumped under a single group. 

Right group and com also has way less people afking on the map. Just now at our map at sung woo 50% people started not coming back to fight but hang out in the airship 😞

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Looks like they're sticking with the "Working as intended" excuse just like how they dug in their heels about the PoF metas being fine (and look at what happened with those). Memories of Aurene have already dropped to 44s/each from 50s/each in ~2 hours and Antique Summoning Stones have dropped from 17g to 13g since the patch and both of those were the "added rewards" they thought would bring people back to the meta.

For a two hour meta.

Where you get nothing if it fails.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

That’s true but not all pugged maps have players doing that. 

Not all, but an enormous majority, a majority so large that the ones who aren't full of idlers and leeches aren't statistically relevant. I challenge anyone to--solo--pug the event 10 times without using streamers or posted gatherings to help and report on their findings. I guarantee that most won't see a single success, and of those who do it will be 1-2/10.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Draxian.7945 said:

As if that's because of individual talent and not having access to large groups of organised players. Nobody is regularly clearing this fight with pugged maps.

I'm not saying it was just me, but I ran this a few times with a group of 10-15 (highly organized CM raiders) and we didn't fail once carrying the puggies. Its not one person but I'm saying that the "talent" will come back and carry those that can't to get their reward.

Edit:

My original post means those that do the dps or provide the roles to carry (like good commanders) will come back for the reward increasing the over all success rate.

Edited by LuRkEr.9462
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Draxian.7945 said:

Not all, but an enormous majority, a majority so large that the ones who aren't full of idlers and leeches aren't statistically relevant. I challenge anyone to--solo--pug the event 10 times without using streamers or posted gatherings to help and report on their findings. I guarantee that most won't see a single success, and of those who do it will be 1-2/10.

All of mine have been through the LFG. Being a streamer doesn’t make someone inherently better at being a commander. Even on the failed runs with disorganized groups, I never saw that many players just standing around. Definitely not the 50% someone claimed a few posts up. 

• Confused 4

3 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

I'm not saying it was just me, but I ran this a few times with a group of 10-15 (highly organized CM raiders) and we didn't fail once carrying the puggies. Its not one person but I'm saying that the "talent" will come back and carry those that can't to get their reward.

Eventually, I'm sure it'll settle in to organised groups of capable players running the event. My point is that it shouldn't require people putting in the effort weeks of wasted time and stress because they happen not to run with a reliable group of people who can get together regularly to do the event. When it comes to people having regular success, we're definitely talking 1% or less.

Edited by Draxian.7945
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, mythical.6315 said:

All of mine have been through the LFG. Being a streamer doesn’t make someone inherently better at being a commander. Even on the failed runs with disorganized groups, I never saw that many players just standing around. Definitely not the 50% someone claimed a few posts up. 

Not 50% of the people, the healthbar of the dragon was 50% 🙂 Guess they decided it was a lost cause or something..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, aspirine.6852 said:

Not 50% of the people, the healthbar of the dragon was 50% 🙂 Guess they decided it was a lost cause or something..

You can tell whether it is or not based on the health percentage and time remaining. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

This right here is most true.  I finished my 29th run today.  With 9 wins and 20 fails.  Every group I joined that had a commander who know how to organize into smaller groups were successful with the exception of twice that we failed.  With 1-2% left.  Things I noticed still being a problem,  when she drops the fancy orange design on the ground good grief  people need to know to dodge out and get ready to jump in2 seconds.  Still seeing tons of people who get down on that.  I consider myself an average player if I'm able to know and respond the majority of better players sure need to be doing that.   The other things I've noticed.  When she says,  watch out! she is spitting acid.  We know in a couple of seconds a breakbar is going to happen.  It has been my experience when a group is able to get her health to 80%  in the first one min of the fight.  Then we know we have the dps and all we have to do is roll with the mechanics of w/e she throws.   

The majority of the fails I had were from everyone being lumped into one or 3 groups.  Another reason I've seen a few fails is when the commander calls to just dps down the head when we have 3% or so left and a tail pops, and the commander calls for everyone to just keep dpsing the head.  Taking out the tail is very important.  Just my 2 cents.

Edited by danielrjones.8759
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Draxian.7945 said:

No acknowledgements in the update notes of the changes they promised to make, I've had 2 runs since the update where the boss STILL does back to back bites 3-4 times in a row during tail phases, still unpuggable and I gurantee if Anet weren't being so disrespectful about our time and released the numbers we'd be seeing a fail rate well over 80%. Sure we can buy the turtle now, but why the ever loving kitten should any single one of us putting in the effort have to grind that out and spend resources for something we can do in one go but are routinely denied because Anet refuses to acknowledge they kittened up by making an event the vast majority of the playerbase simply can't be arsed to do.

I missed these promises; would you be so kind to link them? 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, danielrjones.8759 said:

Every group I joined that had a commander who know how to organize into smaller groups were successful

And every group I joined where the commander knew how to do it failed. This is not the magic solution to the issue some people make it out to be.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Zephire.8049 said:

Looks like they're sticking with the "Working as intended" excuse just like how they dug in their heels about the PoF metas being fine (and look at what happened with those). Memories of Aurene have already dropped to 44s/each from 50s/each in ~2 hours and Antique Summoning Stones have dropped from 17g to 13g since the patch and both of those were the "added rewards" they thought would bring people back to the meta.

For a two hour meta.

Where you get nothing if it fails.

Essentially, they didn't buff the rewards at all, more of a bandaid AND ONLY IF YOU WIN. The prices will drop, the stones was gonna drop regardless every single week that went by. Why not add chests at each completed event for us to open like Dragonstand? Something. Anything. Even the champion bags in DE that do drop only have trash inside them. 
So they really are going the PoF route, eventually, Catha will be a dead continent people only visit if they are forced to. The metas will progressively get less rewarding, and the fight will never be completed again the moment raiders stop carrying people. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1