unpopuliar opinion : EOD is the worst Expac so far

2 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

If you don’t see the difference, it’s no point for me to keep explaining and get my points across to you. You’ve kept avoiding my questions and ignoring things I’ve said, so it’s clear to me you don’t truly want to understand as you first claimed. 

you dont have the answer, because its not different

• Confused 4

The reason for me is feature creep. 

HoT and PoF both added fundamental new ways to access things, and a lot of their content was based around unlocking that (so it seemed longer).  EoD adds nothing but the skiff which is strictly outclassed by Skimmer and is only use is for fishing / collection.  Since not everyone is into that, a big part of the expansion gets ignored.

There's no new feature that isn't really ignorable and that's why I think people see it as 'worst'.  You don't need Jade Bots for anything really if you have Skyscale and you don't need Turtle really either.  You just don't need to use any of the new features, so it's mostly a story grind.  Considering the opinion around here about the story....we can thus logically conclude people would like the expansion less than prior.

Game and engine is also a decade old, so finding 'new' things to do is going to be pretty difficult.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, scarlettmoonbabe.6932 said:

you dont have the answer, because its not different

I’ll take the bait one last time. You can’t compare snowball fights and costume brawl since it does not have the same competition behavior behind it. ppl play that for the fun of it, not the thrill of competition. Racing doesn’t create much toxic behavior as well since most of the players who does race don’t do it to be “better” then others. Your examples are flawed cause the reason most players play them are different then when you pvp. 

Events is a different matter though like dragonball and snowball mayham. They do have toxic behavior but not as much as pvp normally can have, since it’s a different setting in general and many pve players that do these things don’t care if they win or lose. 

have fun in your adventures in eso. May I have your stuff 👀

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RyuDragnier.9476 said:

Let me get this straight, you think an expansion where EVERYTHING (zone progression, story progression, raid progression) is gated behind the masteries (HoT) you can only get experience towards in 4 maps (if you don't have the LS chapters), is better than an expansion where no zone or story progression is gated behind the masteries (EoD)?

yeah true. HoT back then was very trash, gliders even only worked on HoT maps. I just ignored HoT completely, to this date I haven't gotten any far in it's masteries (which are absolute parasitic design) other than gliding. But I do like the metas, they're fun and rewarding, I can "just go" to any map and participate without doing the story or progressing in the masteries so I think in general it's decent. Also I don't need to LFP to do the metas, I can just go and participate.
Now EoD has a Turtle which is locked behind very niche game modes, they prefered to make the meta optional than making it playable, the jadebot is a nice idea with a terrible execution (specially being different per character and not having more slots even with Tier 10 core), it's waypoint is an absolute joke.
Also EoD brought severe nerfs to all classes to make the new elite specs more appealing, which is a HUGE kitten move from ANET, many popular builds were broken beyond repair, making many players unable to play in their comfortable favorite styles. I had to switch from Mesmer to Necromancer because my Mirage build and playstyle became unviable 

They even achieved the ultimate screw up of making FISHING frustrating, if that isn't a total mess I don't know what is

Edit: And also, most elite specs on EoD are really not even good for PVE, EoD is to me is a disaster

Edited by figloalds.1274
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, figloalds.1274 said:

Edit: And also, most elite specs on EoD are really not even good for PVE

That's subjective.  I found several of the EoD specs quite fun in open world.  There are some that I don't really like, so I don't run them, but I see plenty of other players who do.

Now, if you're referring to PvE things like strikes and raids, well, I can't speak to those as I don't involve myself in them.

I did the story, explored the maps for a few days and haven't logged in since. It's disappointing and frankly it's not worth $30.

The story and the characters are not endearing. I didn't feel anything for this extension, it rather created a void. I wonder if Anet is really satisfied with the work they have done.

• Like 4

On 3/21/2022 at 3:47 AM, Hypnowulf.7403 said:

Alright. Where do you draw the line? When does it stop being acceptable for a hero to butcher instead of saving those in need? Where does your empathy kick in that you'd feel bothered by an unnecessary death?

When just the attempt of saving them with a very low chance of success means the end of the world in case of failing (which, btw, is the most possible scenario)...also if the one you're trying to save is literally begging you to not try to save them.

I have played it a bit today, as a pvp player I find the story to be meh. The main problem with it for me is that I got no connection to aurene because I never did icebrood saga. Maybe I should do that first?

1). my main issue with the story is that I got no agency. I am the “commander” even the story says, your the commander of what? We reply “uh nothing”. We are useless, we don’t get credit for anything dispite the fact we do all the work. I call this the warrior of light problem. If you make me the main character I should have agency, swtor does this much better.

2) I do not care for Asian culture in games, so cantha feels weird, the reason that GW2 is GW2 is because it is fantasy. I don’t want Japanese culture + green rocks.

3) I am biased, I am a ranger [AusarTheVile] and a thief [Corpse Eaters], both of my new specifications are boring and borcked. They do not feel fun.

4) PvP is now full of these mechs running boon stacks, it’s even worse then it’s ever been before.  I noticed these are used by bots.

overall mah, I would give it like a 6.3/10

• Like 1
  • Confused 1