Seems like the DE Meta problem is fixed now.

I think I have to say it is not fixed yet.  It's vastly improved, but I just got out of a really good squad that failed with about 15% left.  Honestly though I think only two changes need to be made now:

Give us 2 summoning stones for success.  One is enough to make me feel like I HAVE to do the meta daily, but not enough to make me want to.  Also, give one on fails - it SUCKS SO HARD to lose almost two hours of your life for jack fricking squat - giving one stone on failure would go a LONG way, it would essentially guarantee your time isn't wasted.  This game is usually an industry standard for respecting players' time, so this meta feels especially mean and punishing by contrast.

And two, add a "near success" bonus on the timer.  Under 20%, beat the final extra phase (3 bosses) before the last push?  You get another 2-3 minutes.  Under 10%? you get another minute or minute and a half.  The lore for the fight ending is basically Aurene saying "welp I'm tired try again later ig"  So you could just have her be like we're almost there, I'm using the last of my energy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Sounds like you ended up on bad maps with no commander taking charge. Have had a couple runs the last few days and even today with no fails. It helps camping the groupfinder for Dragons End. Seeing an organized group appear, jump at it instantly. They fill up in seconds.

I think the entire point is that if you always get "bad maps" and need to camp the group finder for an organized group in order to complete the meta, then it's obviously not fixed. That defeats the entire purpose of it being an open world map and not just another instanced strike or raid altogether.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

Pug = you probly will waste 2 hours of your life.   If you lucky to land in maps organized by the hardcores, yeh i wouldn't be surprised if you win it by a few mins.  Nothing have changed.  This thing isn't for everyone a. You gotta be lucky being at the right place at the right time. That's pretty much the summary of reality.  I got my win and never come back. I can be more profitable else where with those 2 hours.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/21/2022 at 9:55 PM, WeightTrainer.3219 said:

Play the meta to get the writs and buy the siege turtle egg. That's what I did, once I finish maxing out some masteries I will never come back to DE map.

Well that’s a pretty good alternative way to get it, I didn’t know that was an option. Thanks for the info!

I’m still hoping to beat the DE meta, but this makes it hurt less when I don’t. 

• Like 1

I work nights. Get home sometime after 2am. I have a 100% completion rate of Echovald Meta ~3am Eastern Standard Time. The first time I just hopped in after work to farm some trees before bed and ended up just fighting the boss, switched maps because everyone left, and killed the boss a second time.

I can't get past the final 20% on the Dragons End Meta, afternoon, evening, or night, on Saturday or Sunday. I do events for decent mastery EXP then switch zones when the Meta starts. Eventually, the DE Meta completion rate will go up considerably, but that'll be because people like me are straight up avoiding it. The fight is epic, but so is the amount of time wasted when it fails.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1