How are you guys beating mechanists?

Matthius.9104

Title.

I have been running into them in the duel arena and dump condi on them. Their hp seems to not move past 80 - 90% and i keep getting chain stunned / interrupted. I have seen other eles beat them before but cant figure out how they are doing it.

Disclaimer: im not hyper experienced with ele but do know most of the rotations

Wait for the nerfs...

Mechanist ist kind of op at the moment.

Mech deals to much damage, too much sustain and the signs are all op.

Especially the 1200 range one with 25 speed and cleans 2 conditions at teleport + stun break.... With perma 20% cooldown reduce elite skill...

And we only got a teleport with 900 range and deleted stun break and longer cooldown.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

I have bigger problems with warrior and necro new elite.

because bladesworn and harbinger are overtuned ( or kind of op )

problem with bladesworn : when you nerf the sustain you are nerfing the core spec 😞

harbinger: you only need to tune down the elite skill and the shroud 1 and 2.

Hi WvW roamer perspective here, here are the approach I came up with (I mainly play double dagger celestial Tempest) :

-For Mechanist the most successful strategy I have found is to kite around the mech as much as possible. I am constantly looking for terrain nearby and I absolutely abuse the pathing AI as much as humanly possible. If I feel like I can kill the mech i'll go for it but i refrain myself from committing too hard on it and I always check for Overclock signet first. It feels bad to trade all your offensive cooldown if the Mech will just respawn immediately afterward.

Since the topic of Harbringer and Bladesworn came up, I will also speak about them.
-For Harbringer, the spec indubitably deals a lot of damage but they runs out of steam pretty fast and the fight is over super quick. I have found that maintaining the pressure as hard as I can is key here. If I ever spot one in a small scale fight you bet they will get a nice looking red target on their head so everyone burst them down.
-For Bladesworn... well quite frankly I have not met a lot of Bladesworn while roaming. They are typically built with power damage in mind so I tend to camp earth more than usual (I run the earth traitline) but I realise this particular advice is pretty specific to the build I am playing.

This humble summary is by no mean my definitive opinion on the matter, I am learning as I play and I am not a duel expert. I hope it will help you though.

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Matthius.9104 said:

Title.

I have been running into them in the duel arena and dump condi on them. Their hp seems to not move past 80 - 90% and i keep getting chain stunned / interrupted. I have seen other eles beat them before but cant figure out how they are doing it.

Disclaimer: im not hyper experienced with ele but do know most of the rotations

In PvP, Mech is the best sidenoder in the game at the moment. Fire Weaver has been dethroned. In WvW, abuse AI pathing to gain an advantage, since you're not forced to stay on a point.

1 hour ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

In PvP, Mech is the best sidenoder in the game at the moment. Fire Weaver has been dethroned. In WvW, abuse AI pathing to gain an advantage, since you're not forced to stay on a point.

Well, I'm certainly glad they found a way to knock weaver off its throne of being the only thing elementalist was meta for.  Bonus for doing it with an AI-based spec.  Good job, ANet!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1