Why is everything invulnerable to all attacks from players on skiffs?

It's a default feature that's been a thing for a long time. If enemies can't attack you they become invulnerable.

Krait can not get on your skiff and can't attack ranged. So you aren't allowed to damage them. If you find a ranged enemy on the shore or in the water you can fight them no problem. 

Edited by Erise.5614

Having seen and experienced this extensively since fishing was implemented, I can definitely tell you that things can do damage to players and their Skiffs yet players cannot do damage back regardless of where the attacking mob is. It'd be a lot easier to hop off the boat for a moment and take care of them if the Fishing Party buff was tied to us and not our vehicle, since right now it's more efficient to just abandon a fishing location than it is to fidget around mobs, guess your boat's remaining HP, and risk losing 99 stacks of buff attempting to kill a lone Krait or Mosquito.

As for depth charges? Practically useless (barely any damage to enemies, often aggros even more than were attacking you previously, in no way clears an area so you can enjoy it with your boat) and I would have much preferred something like a disengagement or stealth skill that causes mobs to ignore your boat for a little while.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

If you find a ranged enemy on the shore or in the water you can fight them no problem. 

Not really I guess, because I wasn't able to fight back some aetherblade grenadiers from my skiffs. It's always possible to kill e.g. underwater creatures from land, where they can't reach you or even attack.

3 minutes ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

Not really I guess, because I wasn't able to fight back some aetherblade grenadiers from my skiffs. It's always possible to kill e.g. underwater creatures from land, where they can't reach you or even attack.

I'm pretty sure I've dealt damage from a skiff before. Either to ranged enemies or while a friend was already melee fighting them. 

Not saying it's convenient. When reading about it I actually expected depth charges to just keep enemies down /stunned at least until the skiff moves out of range. Doubly annoying since you can't just jump onto the skiff again after fighting something in the water. So as owner you force everyone to interrupt their fishing and sit down when you board your skiff or awkwardly go onto a skimmer to get the height to move onto the skiff again.

Just the behavior of you fighting enemies from on top of the skiff has been pretty much what I expected. It's a different, movable surface you stand on. Airships have been iffy in a similar way during story missions where navigation between objects is a mess.

5 hours ago, Erise.5614 said:

I'm pretty sure I've dealt damage from a skiff before. Either to ranged enemies or while a friend was already melee fighting them. 

Not saying it's convenient. When reading about it I actually expected depth charges to just keep enemies down /stunned at least until the skiff moves out of range. Doubly annoying since you can't just jump onto the skiff again after fighting something in the water. So as owner you force everyone to interrupt their fishing and sit down when you board your skiff or awkwardly go onto a skimmer to get the height to move onto the skiff again.

Just the behavior of you fighting enemies from on top of the skiff has been pretty much what I expected. It's a different, movable surface you stand on. Airships have been iffy in a similar way during story missions where navigation between objects is a mess.

As a longbow ranger - you're not able to deal damage to anything whilst standing on the skiff, whether they can hit you or not.

Now, if you barrage and then board your skiff (sit down), you can deal damage with attacks then - and your pet can also attack mobs whilst you're boarded.

• Like 1

I really hate this design that stuff can attack you while on the skiff, damage you, damage/destroy your skiff in seconds without you noticing it but you can't attack back. And on top of it, you have like what, 15 sec to kill the enemies and get out of combat and respawn your skiff before you lose association to it? It's horrible

Also I posted about it before on another thread, there is no way of you knowing your skiff's health while you are standing on it or fishing. So most of the time you don't even realize that the enemies are damaging the skiff and you just flop into the water.

Edited by YtseJam.9784
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, YtseJam.9784 said:

And on top of it, you have like what, 15 sec to kill the enemies and get out of combat and respawn your skiff before you lose association to it? It's horrible

The skiff itself is the source of the fishing party stacks. As long as it's alive (it despawns at over 3000 range), you can recover your stacks. The moment it despawns, you have 15 seconds to respawn it.

The displayed timer isn't important. It's how long you have to keep a copy of the skiff's stacks. It's only meaningful if you were either on your skiff when it despawned, in which case it's the same timer as the skiff, or you were on someone else's skiff, in which case it's how long you have to spawn your own skiff to copy their stacks.

Edited by Healix.5819
  • Confused 1