Almorra Soulkeeper

Mithrilos.8036

(Spoiler Alert of course if you didn't finished the story, shoo ! go away !)

___

Hey ! I wanna bring back a smol topic about our favourite Charr (sorry Rytlock :v), 

I find it sad that she doesn't even have a statue in the black citadel or something after her death. I mean Trahaern got one, and Almorra isn't just another Charr. 

I believe her death went a bit too fast & forgotten. She is doubly important that she was leader of an important group, and a Hero of the Charrs.

I was expecting a little something at least, maybe Charrs didn't had time to do something with everything that happened, and they are probably too much focused on keeping stability now.

Still, lore wise and story wise. I think she was a very important character...that deserve more recognition.

Your thought ?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

She’s culturally important to the charr as reinforced by Ryland’s words and hesitancy to kill her. Metal Legion also wrote a song about her, so suffice to say she is widely recognized as someone of great importance in their society.

Edit: Her murder by Bangar is public knowledge at this point too, I believe, which would give her martyr status and probably vault her to an even higher level of cultural esteem.

If we ever revisit charr politics in the wake of the civil war, I would imagine the time for a memorial would arise then.

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

in real world take time to erect statues even to very honorable/famous ppl who died recently... its can go as excuse as her death is still "fresh"(i forget a proper english word for it).

in general charr recover from civil war is still very "offmap" yet.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

She led an army that contains members from all 3 legion, and could have been all 4 if flame wasn't hostile in her life. She played an important role in advocating and pushing forwards charr diplomacy. Having contact with 3 Imperators and using the support of her army to put down dissenters, she helped secure one of the most defining current treaties for the charr. She is one of the most prominent charr heroes to head the destruction of one of the charrs worst enemies with leadership roles in destroying each of the dragons during her time. She stood on the ground that was to become Kralkatorric's final resting place. And she died, standing against the idea that any charr would be sacrificed to server Jormag. She could have stepped aside, left the dominion to their own devices, while she regrouped to face Jormag. But she couldn't stand the idea of any charr becoming servants to Jormag and gave her life in defiance.

A statue, a statue would be a bare minimum monument for her.

No, she should be enshrined with the claw of the Khan Ur.

The charr Khan Ur should be

A great military leader.

A great diplomatic leader.

A great cultural hero.

All of those can be claimed for her, she is peerless in accomplishments.

Her story, leadership style, and ideology could be a stabilizing force for the charr, and burying the claw would put an end to the idea that one charr leader needs to conquer the rest. The legions only sees strength and brutality as a source of power and leadership. Almorra shows another way.

So, yeah, I think she definitely needs to be recognized. Recognized and embraced.

• Like 7

On 4/15/2022 at 11:39 AM, PseudoNewb.5468 said:

The charr Khan Ur should be

A great military leader.

A great diplomatic leader.

A great cultural hero.

All of those can be claimed for her, she is peerless in accomplishments.

you forgot the most important ones: bringing rimstone his mail and be a taxi service for the commander.

• Haha 2